Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. Vs Raceland
Rams
This can be a statement of relavence for Lawrence County. Heard through the grape vine that Messer is ok and there is a slim possibility that beech will play. He was ejected last week but thus far, the OHSAA has not notified the schools A.D. Of any inelligability. Im sure that will change though. Defensively the Rams can play The run with or w/o them. But against those Basketball player turned WRs we could use both of them in the secondary. Their speed and especially height, Beech 6'1" and Messer 6'2.5" make a big difference at FS and SS. Come to think of it, with Young and Dixon both at 5'10", thats a pretty tall secondary for a 1A squad or atleast I would expect. Regaurdless, they would be a bigger loss on defense i believe.

Snyder and Elkins have the ability to get the job done behind that big line.
Josh Young is more like 6"2not 5"10.. He is just ab a half inch shorter than Messer and taller than Beach. Dixon ab 6" even. Rams will be fine without Beach.. Obviously a huge loss, Beach is IMO on of the best class A players in the entire state but Raceland has plenty of weapons to pick up the slack. If Raceland comes to play for 48 min, they win by as many as they want Friday.
I didnt realize Josh and Maverick had gotten that much taller. The size this Raceland team has across the board suprises me. Thanks for the corrections. I agree that Beech can be filled in for. Maybe not by one person, but by a few others, like Snyder, his coming on as of late has added a tremendous affect On the Rams offensive mentality.
Any word on Messer and Beech?
I don't think this game will be like last year at all.
Dixon is 6"
Young is 6'2" plus
Beach is 6'0-6'1"plus
Messer is 6'3" plus
Vance is 6'0-6'1"
Potter is 5'10 plus
Joseph is 6'0"

And these kids can move very well, 5 of them have ran track and have very nice speed.
It surely will be a much closer ball game. The difference will be in the passing game. Raceland defends the read option/vear offenses really well, but has shown some vulnerability in the short passing game. I havent seen LC play so i dont know if thy r throwing out of a option set or out of a pistol or gun or what. But if Raceland gets the pressre it usually gets with its DTs, we will be fine. Risner, Wallace, And Preston due a good job at getting into the backfield. That leaves our olbs and de free to handle the edges and the lbs fill the gaps the tackles leave. This should infact be much closer tha last year. But i still feel the rams are 2 or three tds better.
How can a kid be 6'0"-6'1" plus?
Due to Mathematics and the progression of number in the current numerical numbering system, 6'1" is greater than 6'0" so if that rule is true and is constant then by default 6'1" plus is also greater than 6'0". With that being true the previous statement is correct.
I may have needed to dumb it down for you a bit so you would understand.
(The boy stands a good 6 foot or better)
Can you understand that a little better. I can also break it down for you a little more by saying:
(He's a tall feller)
Clear NOW?
RamPride Wrote:Dixon is 6"
Young is 6'2" plus
Beach is 6'0-6'1"plus
Messer is 6'3" plus
Vance is 6'0-6'1"
Potter is 5'10 plus
Joseph is 6'0"

And these kids can move very well, 5 of them have ran track and have very nice speed.

Only four of them ran track...Dixon, Young, & Vance don't run.
Never knew my height assesment could cause such debate lol. Anyone get a final word on Beech/Messed?
Lawrence County has some good size, and speed also. You will see that this team has speed. This isn't the same Lawrence County team you seen last year.. Wait and see
Raceland
RamPride Wrote:Due to Mathematics and the progression of number in the current numerical numbering system, 6'1" is greater than 6'0" so if that rule is true and is constant then by default 6'1" plus is also greater than 6'0". With that being true the previous statement is correct.
Can you understand that a little better. I can also break it down for you a little more by saying:
(He's a tall feller)
Clear NOW?

You may need to dumb that down for yourself. It is redundant to say he is both 6'0"plus and 6'1" plus. If he is 6'1" plus why put the 6'0" in there. Looks like you just like speaking in hyperbole. That is so unlike an am.
am?
Yes. An Am.
The tendancy of Raceland starting off flat catches up with them this week. Lawerence Co. 27 Raceland 20
RamPride Wrote:Due to Mathematics and the progression of number in the current numerical numbering system, 6'1" is greater than 6'0" so if that rule is true and is constant then by default 6'1" plus is also greater than 6'0". With that being true the previous statement is correct.
(He's a tall feller)
Clear NOW?
I might be able to help you figure it out, get a tape measure, that will do away with greater or lesser, and give you an exact measurement
LC better be waking up looking very elementary against Raceland