Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. Vs Raceland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This should be a dandy. These two schools has some history over the years the Rams came to the dog house last year and gave the them an old fashion whoopen. They are both coming into this game with a lot of momentum. Who ya got?
Last years game was at Raceland and this year starts a new two year contract with the Rams so they will come to Louisa next year. Bulldogs are rolling on offense, and still have a couple of things to work on. Defense needs to tighten up, and special teams coverage needs some work. This is going to be fun to watch.
Should be a good ball game. After the first 2 weeks I woukd say Lawrence was the more physical team, offensively. Now I am not sure its the case. Raceland has finally started using the Franklin system in a way that the run sets up the pass and the pass sets up the run. Raceland has yet to put an entire game together. Which, at 4-1, is a good thing. They need to quit coming out so flat against teams they are favored over. They need better 1st quarters. Most of their games have been won in the 2nd or 3rd auarter. Last night against Coalgrove thu showed some toughness, they could have laid down after the Beech ejection, but didnt. They used it as a building block and wake up call. Now, in that regaurd, I am not sure what the status is with Beech. Idk if he was officially ejected. Someone said he was just asked to take a seat to keep from starting a fight after defended team mate Conner messer after a late hit spear to the head. Messer's health is also a question at this point. Imo, with IF these two are sidelined this week, its a mouch taller tas for the Rams.

With Beech/Messer:
Rams 44
Dawgs 28

Without Beech/Messer
Dawgs 35
Rams 32
I think the Dawgs are capable of winning this game in a shootout. First, they need to secure the football and keep turnovers to a minimum. They also need to be more disciplined and avoid the penalties. Penalties and turnovers will get you beat against a team like Raceland.

LC is clicking on offense. I'm curious to see how the LC secondary matches up against a balanced offense like Raceland. I'm going with LC 42-35.
44-28 lc
Ams 50
Bulldogs 32
If Messer and Beach don't play then we will find out a lot about the character of this team and if anyone will step up and pick up the slack. Obviously Raceland would be hurt without them but the loss of those two isn't necessarily crippling to the team. It will be interesting to see how the team responds if indeed these two key players are out next week.
winner, winner chicken dinner
When I got the schedule for this year I said that our 2 toughest games would be Belfry and Raceland and I still think so. If we take care of the ball(this problem came back up in the East Carter game) and play defense like we did in the 2nd half of the Fairview game then we have a good shot. If we have a night like the 1st half of the Fairview game then this could get ugly because I said it all year and still saying it that Raceland is the most talented 1a team in the east.
Lawrence County by 3. Fairview and Raceland are very close. Lawrence County beat Fairview by 14.
Raceland 36
Lawerence 21
E's Army Wrote:Lawrence County by 3. Fairview and Raceland are very close. Lawrence County beat Fairview by 14.

Lawrence county lost to fairview
Raceland then by 14. I blew that one. I don't know how I came up with that. I double checked the score because I thought Fairview had won.
Should be a very good game and a nice measuring stick for the Rams to see how much they have improved since the Ashland game, which they probably should have won. And this is an important game for the Rams, I think they need to win this game more than Lawrence County does. Hopefully both teams will be at 100% and ready to go.
I don't know if this game is more important to Raceland or not. It is very obvious that every team we have defeated this year is struggling. I think this is a good measuring stick to see how much we have improved since the Fairview game. I know for a 100% fact that this Bulldog offense has gotten better, but from game #1 to now I've said that I was a little worried about the defense. If the rams are as good as I think they are and have thought all year and we can play em close or even pull one out then I would say that we have Improved a lot. I don't think Raceland will blow us out like they did last year and I think if we come out and play the 1st half like we did in the 2nd against Fairview then we win that game and if we can put a full game together and play Raceland like we have a few quarters this year then we can win this one. With all that said I could be completely wrong and this game could look a lot like the game last year.
I'm not a very superstitious person and I want to go to this game but I may just stay home. I said all year that the Johnson Central-v- Harlan county game would be the Mountain game of the year so I go to paintsville friday night to see what I thought would be the clash of titans and it was a Johnson Central massacre. I think I could be a curse.Confusednicker:
Great and fun rivalry during the 80's and 90's until LC took off in the mid to late 90's, then the series was dropped. I hope this game continues for many more years. Two good programs that have great respect for each other. I wish I could be around to see the game in person.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm not a very superstitious person and I want to go to this game but I may just stay home. I said all year that the Johnson Central-v- Harlan county game would be the Mountain game of the year so I go to paintsville friday night to see what I thought would be the clash of titans and it was a Johnson Central massacre. I think I could be a curse.Confusednicker:

You are more than welcome to come to Raceland and curse LC :biggrin:. Otherwise, will root LC the rest of the season.
E's Army Wrote:Raceland then by 14. I blew that one. I don't know how I came up with that. I double checked the score because I thought Fairview had won.

:lmao: E
Both teams coming in at (4-1), a lot of people expected Raceland to be pretty good, but I don't think many people had Lawrence County at (4-1). Both teams have high powered offenses. Should be a lot of points put up in this one. I don't see a blowout coming either way. Best of luck to both teams.
Defense wins championships.
RamPride Wrote:Defense wins championships.

I think it takes both O and D but I do think Raceland has the best defense of any 1a team in the east this year.
Raceland by more than Fairview won by.
mysonis55 Wrote:Raceland by more than Fairview won by.

You could be right if the defense comes out and lays a big egg. I believe that this Bulldog offense was good from the start this year and it took a few games to realize it. This offense has hit a stride and I still don't think we have seen the best they can do yet. I believe that the way the offense is clicking that we can put up some points on any team we play. If this game becomes a high scoring affair then I like our chances a lot. If we take care of the football and the defense plays a bend but don't break kind of a game then this thing can go either way. I think this team has improved a lot from the Fairview game and everything in my body is telling me that this will be a very close game. I believe we will see a lot of #10 and #11 in the defensive backfield in this one if not the whole game. I also think you will see the playbook opened up all the way in this one because I think the coach wants this one bad.
I also like the fact that they got to play a very good run team in Fairvew to see where we are good or not with the run and then we hade a game with probably the most pass happy team in eastern Kentucky in Breathitt county to see where we are vulnerable with the pass. Those two games will help a lot with a balanced offense like Raceland. I,m sure the Raceland coaches have seen film of those games and will try to exploit some of the things they saw in those games and I know for a fact that some of the Raceland people were at the Fairview game because I talked to a few.
If Beach/Messer end up not playing the mantra better be 'next man up'. This is an opportunity for a player to show what he's capable of in a not so perfect setting.
I just think Raceland is the tops in their district this year and they are ready to show it.
I won't say Raceland or Fairview is top in anything until they play 4 quarters of football. I still think Raceland wins this one by 14, Lawrence County doesn't play 4 quarters either.
It's sometimes hard to get high school kids to focus for a full game. We were having this problem recently ourselves until Saturday night when they got a team they were really interested in playing. They rose to the occasion, much like I think the Rams will when the time comes.
Really excited for this game!!!!
Pages: 1 2