Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Regional Power Rankings- CKY/Lex Metro
UNDECIDED Wrote:Boyle County would get a running clock against Scott County. Not even close. Seriously.....The talent is so vastly different that its not worth discussing. CKY Football is not down this year....again, poor assessment. Lex Cath is a very solid team. Lost to Bowling Green and St. X, 2 of the top 3-4 Teams in the state. Boyle County is a solid team, undefeated and handling business. Henry Clay is a solid team with all types of firepower, undefeated but now hitting their challenging portion of their schedule. Scott County is 1 of the best teams in KY in any Class and will challenge for a State Title and a MR Football Front runner. Bryan Station has lost to Highlands and Lex Cath and destroyed 2 teams, and is a very good football team. Tates Creek is 4-1 and legitamate. Lost to Henry Clay by 1 score in a dog fight, has 1 of 6As top producing QBs and 2 of the Top 15 WRs and a top 10 defense.

CKY Football is strong this year compared to years past. If you look at all the losses from the teams above you see losses to
Bowling Green
St. X
Highlands
Lex Cath
Henry Clay

Thats a tough group to play and most if not all teams would lose to these teams regardless of class.

Why would Boyle County get a running clock against Scott County? Read again, it says "excluding Scott County".
UNDECIDED Wrote:Boyle County is a good team. I was at the scrimmage against Creek. Tates Creek would beat Boyle in my opinion in a real game. Creek held out 2 of its offensive stars and rotated QBs on purpose as well. Was tied 14-14 at the half when starters were playing, and a penalty at the half is the reason Boyle scored to tie it. Both teams competed and both teams played hard with Boyle winning a 3 point scrimmage in which Creek could have thrown for 300+ yards if it really wanted to, and could have exploited the Boyle secondary if it wanted to. But I digress. Boyle deserves credit for its season thus far, but please temper the hyperbole in regards to Creek.

You are one of the more reasonable posters on here and one that I tend to agree with. However, I will not stand for, "this team could have done this" or "this team could have done that". Why didn't they? Did they lose on purpose? Boyle County was up 31-14 after 3 quarters before the JV went in. No team loses on purpose, do they?
BoyleCounty Wrote:Honestly. I do think Boyle County is top 3 team in a down CKY this year. I believe that Boyle County is down this year due to their young team but I still look for them to make it to Highlands in the state semi's. I believe that both Boyle County and Lexington Catholic is down compared to their standards. But a down Boyle County/Lexington Catholic is better than any of the other CKY teams, excluding Scott County. Disagree with me if you will. Call me biased because of my mame if you will. But most will agree with me.

I'll be honest with you, the ONLY reason you are 5 on my list and 2nd on EKU's is because you are 4-0 and because you are BOYLE CO. Having seen both teams play on the same night, it is my honest opinion that Bourbon Co. is a touchdown better than Boyle.

Now Bourbon hasn't beat a soul, so I can't honestly rank them up there given their weak schedule, but head to head I'd give the edge to Bourbon.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Im a troll based on what? Disagreeing with you?

I believe Anderson is 8th, they have 0 good wins and a loss to my 5th place team.

I believe Tates Creek and Boyle would be a very good game, giving the edge to Tates Creek in the end. I dont see what is so wrong with that?? This isn't the 2007 TC team, this team is an average to above average 6a team.

I am also the person who thinks St. X is better than Trinity this year you are correct. I don't see anything far fetched about that, I actually believe that to be a pretty popular opinion around Louisville.

Ok. Who has HC beaten? Tates Creek? They are above average like mentioned before and I feel that Boyle County would beat TC again. HC is a good team but a lot of thought did go into this poll. Sure Boyle County didn't dominate GRC like expected but they are deserving of where they are. It wasn't like Henry Clay dominated Boone County. I know you will disagree with this but Boone County is arguably 6A's worst team with GRC. They are neck to neck.
BoyleCounty Wrote:You are one of the more reasonable posters on here and one that I tend to agree with. However, I will not stand for, "this team could have done this" or "this team could have done that". Why didn't they? Did they lose on purpose? Boyle County was up 31-14 after 3 quarters before the JV went in. No team loses on purpose, do they?

You are right. In regards to "This team woulda coulda"....I will concede that. And teams want to win every game they play, you are right in that as well, but scrimmages are like PreSeason NFL games, at least for Tates Creek. However, what I will continue to say in regards to that scrimmage is that Creek used its JV starting in the very 1st quarter. Harmon at Creek isnt worried about winning Scrimmages, Creek has played Louiville Butler for the past few years and its always been about getting kids reps. I was at the Scrimmage, and Creek was the better team from what I saw. Tied at 14-14 at the half, holding out 2 of its top 3 players, and rotating QBs, one of which is 2nd in 6A in passing didnt play but less than half the snaps. Now, Boyle jumped out late in the 3rd quarter to go well ahead which Creek finished strong and closed the gap to 31-28. the reality is that these teams are pretty close in talent, and "IN MY OPINION" Tates Creek's dynamic players are the difference between the 2.

So, I understand your perspective on Boyle being better in your estimation, but the whole "Handled Tates Creek" couldnt be farther from the truth. Thats what got me on my intangent. I think Boyle is a very good football team, young or not. I have no disrespect for that program or team. But Creek is considerably better than you continue to allude to.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:I'll be honest with you, the ONLY reason you are 5 on my list and 2nd on EKU's is because you are 4-0 and because you are BOYLE CO. Having seen both teams play on the same night, it is my honest opinion that Bourbon Co. is a touchdown better than Boyle.

Now Bourbon hasn't beat a soul, so I can't honestly rank them up there given their weak schedule, but head to head I'd give the edge to Bourbon.

Boyle County is 5-0. You are upset right now and trying to name all the teams that would beat Boyle County. Again, I enjoy reading your posts. I wasn't bashing your team so why bash mine?
UNDECIDED Wrote:You are right. In regards to "This team woulda coulda"....I will concede that. And teams want to win every game they play, you are right in that as well, but scrimmages are like PreSeason NFL games, at least for Tates Creek. However, what I will continue to say in regards to that scrimmage is that Creek used its JV starting in the very 1st quarter. Harmon at Creek isnt worried about winning Scrimmages, Creek has played Louiville Butler for the past few years and its always been about getting kids reps. I was at the Scrimmage, and Creek was the better team from what I saw. Tied at 14-14 at the half, holding out 2 of its top 3 players, and rotating QBs, one of which is 2nd in 6A in passing didnt play but less than half the snaps. Now, Boyle jumped out late in the 3rd quarter to go well ahead which Creek finished strong and closed the gap to 31-28. the reality is that these teams are pretty close in talent, and "IN MY OPINION" Tates Creek's dynamic players are the difference between the 2.

So, I understand your perspective on Boyle being better in your estimation, but the whole "Handled Tates Creek" couldnt be farther from the truth. Thats what got me on my intangent. I think Boyle is a very good football team, young or not. I have no disrespect for that program or team. But Creek is considerably better than you continue to allude to.

I agree with all of this. Again, I wasn't trying to disrepect Tates.
I digress. Boyle is worthy of praise and I dont say otherwise. I think that EKU brought up a great point and I feel is trying to be objective, on a more year to year basis, instead of simply saying, "well obviously Boyle or St. X is better", simply based off of track record and program strength. I commend EKU for that, as that probably isnt the easiest way to post, as the traditionla powers will come out in droves if you dont give them "THEIR DUE' Im sure.
Boyle me and you are good brother. Lol. I like Boyle's squad. I do. They impressed me in person. Loved the athletic QB and the kid that caught the pass and broke through some tackles and ran off for about 50 yards against us. Got repsect for those Boys at Boyle and continue to wish them well.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Boyle County would get a running clock against Scott County. Not even close. Seriously.....The talent is so vastly different that its not worth discussing. CKY Football is not down this year....again, poor assessment. Lex Cath is a very solid team. Lost to Bowling Green and St. X, 2 of the top 3-4 Teams in the state. Boyle County is a solid team, undefeated and handling business. Henry Clay is a solid team with all types of firepower, undefeated but now hitting their challenging portion of their schedule. Scott County is 1 of the best teams in KY in any Class and will challenge for a State Title and a MR Football Front runner. Bryan Station has lost to Highlands and Lex Cath and destroyed 2 teams, and is a very good football team. Tates Creek is 4-1 and legitamate. Lost to Henry Clay by 1 score in a dog fight, has 1 of 6As top producing QBs and 2 of the Top 15 WRs and a top 10 defense.

CKY Football is strong this year compared to years past. If you look at all the losses from the teams above you see losses to
Bowling Green
St. X
Highlands
Lex Cath
Henry Clay

Thats a tough group to play and most if not all teams would lose to these teams regardless of class.

Would you agree that CKY had a "down" week? While the top teams won, they were all somewhat disappointing, including Boyle County.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Boyle me and you are good brother. Lol. I like Boyle's squad. I do. They impressed me in person. Loved the athletic QB and the kid that caught the pass and broke through some tackles and ran off for about 50 yards against us. Got repsect for those Boys at Boyle and continue to wish them well.

The respect is mutual.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Would you agree that CKY had a "down" week? While the top teams won, they were all somewhat disappointing, including Boyle County.

Boyle......My Opinion......Its tought to look Devestating and downright awesome every week, unless you are 1 of the Complete Upper Echelon Programs (i.e. BG, Trin, X, Scott County)....I think that for the most part the best teams not named the ones above, are pretty comparable and all could play with the other on any given Friday.

That being said, I think that people should give kids and coaches from opposing teams credit. If teams come out with purpose or a coaching staff designs a nice game plan, teams can make your better team not look so good. It happens. The key is to get the "ugly" win and move on.

I wish my team and program was good enough to have to worry about Style points.....we just want to win the next game. We arent blessed to have the recent tradition to feel the least bit entitled. I understand how those types of programs must feel seeing upstart programs boasting and bragging.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Ok. Who has HC beaten? Tates Creek? They are above average like mentioned before and I feel that Boyle County would beat TC again. HC is a good team but a lot of thought did go into this poll. Sure Boyle County didn't dominate GRC like expected but they are deserving of where they are. It wasn't like Henry Clay dominated Boone County. I know you will disagree with this but Boone County is arguably 6A's worst team with GRC. They are neck to neck.

Well your memory may be short, but if I recall, Catholic and Henry Clay were both ranked about Boyle in the first edition of this Ranking.

So let me ask you what have those two teams done wrong?
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Well your memory may be short, but if I recall, Catholic and Henry Clay were both ranked about Boyle in the first edition of this Ranking.

Very good question and one that I cannot answer. If I can answer a question with a question, what has Boyle County done to be "undeserving" of the #2 ranking?

Not every team will play to their potential every week and we all know that. Until all of these teams get into district play we really are just playing a guessing game.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Well your memory may be short, but if I recall, Catholic and Henry Clay were both ranked about Boyle in the first edition of this Ranking.

Btw, my memory is plenty long enough. I will disregard that comment. :Thumbs:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Boyle County is 5-0. You are upset right now and trying to name all the teams that would beat Boyle County. Again, I enjoy reading your posts. I wasn't bashing your team so why bash mine?

Buddy I'm not upset at all, and I wasn't bashing your team so don't get all sentimental on me. I actually told you I am a bit of a Boyle Co. fan.

I am simply playing devil's advocate here, there is no way to rank 2-5 in this ranking without being opionated or bias.

If it's your and EKU's opinion that Boyle is 2 that's great, but its my opinion that they are not. You asked me last week which teams I thought would beat Boyle and I told you.

Henry Clay started the season at 2, and before even playing a game they dropped to 5th? To quote Monday night Football .... "C'mon Mannnnn!!!"
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Buddy I'm not upset at all, and I wasn't bashing your team so don't get all sentimental on me. I actually told you I am a bit of a Boyle Co. fan.

I am simply playing devil's advocate here, there is no way to rank 2-5 in this ranking without being opionated or bias.

If it's your and EKU's opinion that Boyle is 2 that's great, but its my opinion that they are not. You asked me last week which teams I thought would beat Boyle and I told you.

Henry Clay started the season at 2, and before even playing a game they dropped to 5th? To quote Monday night Football .... "C'mon Mannnnn!!!"

Disregard.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Buddy I'm not upset at all, and I wasn't bashing your team so don't get all sentimental on me. I actually told you I am a bit of a Boyle Co. fan.

I do not know why any of the teams have dropped. I have nothing to do with the rankings. Im just defending Boyle County's position. That is all.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I do not know why any of the teams have dropped. I have nothing to do with the rankings. Im just defending Boyle County's position. That is all.

I can respect that if you can respect me defending the teams that were passed.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:I can respect that if you can respect me defending the teams that were passed.

I can dig it. This poll is meant to be dissected and everyone will have an opinion. So no hard feelings.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I can dig it. This poll is meant to be dissected and everyone will have an opinion. So no hard feelings.

Kudos, how should we handle this? Slap and Dap? I'm personally not opposed to the shake and hug...
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Kudos, how should we handle this? Slap and Dap? I'm personally not opposed to the shake and hug...

This is getting personal but since you mentioned it, shake and hug it is.Confusednicker:
i THINK EVERYONE LEARNED A VALUABLE LESSON FROM ALL OF THIS...............THAT TATES CREEK IS OBVIUOSLY BETTER THAN THE REST...........

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:Confusednicker: