•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. @ Greenville,TN 9/27
If HC can get all that beef on the O-Line moving, and can control the line of scrimmage, then HC will pull this one out. If they play like last week, and by that i mean putting the ball on the carpet then we wont even come close to winning..I think after the attitude adjustments and hard practice this week, HC will be ok..They've had to do a lot of soul searching over the weekend, they are gonna step off the bus mad and angry, just like they did after the Belfry game. We lost to the two best teams in EKY and no shame in that, i would like to see HC, JC, & Belfry all three in BG this year....I'll hold off a little while before prediction time, still early for that..
^
sorry, double post
GREENEVILLE Wrote:Is your defense good or not? Greeneville will score a lot if it's not. Our qb is our leading rusher

Yes, I know about your QB.

This all depends on how we respond after last week's defeat. I have faith in the Black Bears; I think they will respond.
Greeneville is no joke I tell ya
Who said Greeneville is a joke? Ranked 19th in the state, completely shut out two of four opponents, and has had a total of 13 points scored on them for the entire season, etc.

Believe me when I say to you that Harlan County Bears and their fans do NOT consider Greeneville a joke.

But we no joke either.
If Harlan County doesnt make some adjustments on defense, I hate to say it but this could be another running clock early. If they have a running clock rule in Tennessee?
Mercy rule Is 35 points and starts the second half. Greeneville has mercy ruled every team thus far this season. We have a really really good defense this year and our offense is a high powered no huddle hurry up offense. We average around 45 a game and average giving up 1.5. Starters have not been scored on
I think this one will come down to how well HC defends the pass. Greeneville's line is plenty stout, they have some slippery little backs and they have a dual threat QB who reads defense well and makes great decisions. Greeneville has been burning teams with big plays thanks to their unbelievable speed. I'm not going to say too much about Greeneville's defense except they are big, quick, well conditioned and well disciplined. This is an extremely well coached team, they don't make many mistakes and are quick to make their opposition pay for theirs. If they play their game and shut down the run they will make quick work of the Bears at Burley Stadium.
GREENEVILLE Wrote:Mercy rule Is 35 points and starts the second half. Greeneville has mercy ruled every team thus far this season. We have a really really good defense this year and our offense is a high powered no huddle hurry up offense. We average around 45 a game and average giving up 1.5. Starters have not been scored on

Reckon we even ought to show up? Maybe you all should start scheduling college teams instead of high school teams. When does Alabama have a bye week? Maybe Greenville TN can get them to come play them so you can have some competition.

I suppose we will round up a few of our mountain boys and try to play some football since we are paying for gas to come all the way over there and see what our boys can do with that "high powered offense".

Black Bear's are making some much needed changes this week. Can't wait to make the trip.
Mama Bear Wrote:Reckon we even ought to show up? Maybe you all should start scheduling college teams instead of high school teams. When does Alabama have a bye week? Maybe Greenville TN can get them to come play them so you can have some competition.

I suppose we will round up a few of our mountain boys and try to play some football since we are paying for gas to come all the way over there and see what our boys can do with that "high powered offense".

Black Bear's are making some much needed changes this week. Can't wait to make the trip.

Oh by all means make the trip. The drive is beautiful and Burley is a great stadium. I would suggest coming early and car pool as parking is scarce because of nearby construction...plus it will save some of that expensive Kentucky gas and make the long drive home a bit more bearable. I hear misery loves company. Go Greene!
When I say high powered offense I'm not kidding. How's the bears depth and endurance? That's where we usually have a big advantage on opponents.
Just heard that some changes have been made on the HC team. Good changes that is. I really believe that this will bring our team together. We will be ready for district play and the playoffs. Look out for the new attitude in Harlan County!
What kind of changes?
Harlan County 32 Greenville 28 nothing sucks like a Big Orange Go gett'em Blackbears :truestory:
Just some internal problems that were nagging HC but I believe things have been fixed. Look out in district play. We are back Jack!!!
Has anyone checked out our Game footage? I'd like to see some on the bears
We can't play a lick. Don't even worry about looking at us. You might as well just start looking towards your next opponent. Seriously!!!
GREENEVILLE Wrote:Has anyone checked out our Game footage? I'd like to see some on the bears

Just think you are playing Alabama Confusednicker:
I'm saying I don't think we will win big. I do believe we will win though. But if it's a big win I won't be surprised. Anywhere I can see some footage?
you're playing Big Green, not Big Orange...
To be honest, not sure where you can see footage.
YouTube!
Daddycat27 Wrote:YouTube!

I caught some game footage on you-tube
Granny Bear Wrote:Who said Greeneville is a joke? Ranked 19th in the state, completely shut out two of four opponents, and has had a total of 13 points scored on them for the entire season, etc.

Believe me when I say to you that Harlan County Bears and their fans do NOT consider Greeneville a joke.

But we no joke either.

thats true you are will not be a pushover : i am one of those guys that have followed you all and you all have a solid team it should be a great game -- thats what makes for good football!
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Some Coach T guys coming to BGR? Awesome! I use both sites, just use BGR a whole lot more. I actually live in Tennessee, 30 minutes over the border near Lafollette.

I go to Middlesboro every day though, for school 5 days a week, usually something going on Saturday's, and church over there on Sunday's. And I was born in Middlesboro.

I have a whole bunch of family that goes to Cumberland Gap and I go to their home games when Middlesboro is playing on a far road trip or has their bye week.

And Greenville is a VERY good team. They are dominative. In basketball and football.. Cumberland Gap gets KILLED by them EVERY year.

Harlan County will have their hands full, but I'm not sure Greenville fans are quite sure what team they are dealing with. After all, Harlan County is a GREAT 5A and Greenville is a GREAT 4A. It should be a crazy close match.

I pick Harlan County in this one, and that's from someone who knows some about both teams.

YES I MAY LIVE IN tenn BUT I AM A BIG BLUE FAN THROUGH AND THROUGH - IM READY FOR B BALL SEASON ! THE CATS SHOULD BE A FORCE TO BE RECKENED WITH ! CANT WAIT TO WATCH THE HARRISONS AND RANDLE !!
m'boroyellowjacket Wrote:first off, it's harlan county. You gotta be careful getting those confused, one is a terrible 1a and the other is a dominative 5a.

Secondly, harlan county has given up points to good teams. Who has greenville played this year? Last week you all played claiborne county, who is a average 2a. Really, none of the teams you all have played this year are that good.

Harlan county is very good. I believe you are overlooking them way too much. Oh well, you will be shocked friday night.

yes we have had several folks getting you all confused - with my father from kentucky i know there are a harlen green dragons and the harlan county bears i have followed kentucky sports all my life --hope to get to chat with some of you good ole uk folks!
Greenville is good, HC is good! This will help both teams come district and playoff time. In all fairness I've been keeping up with the devils scores and they have not played anyone HC's caliber. This will be a knock down drag out game! This game is meaningless! It will help both teams prepare for the post season! That's all!! We have THE toughest schedule in SEKY bar none!!! After its all said and done, we may have played 3 state champions! Greeneville, Belfry, and Johnson Central. I hope all players come out healthy and ready for district play!!
The key to the game will be TURNOVERS! We must take care of the ball and LIMIT penalties! We have the talent, heart, and desire to win this game! This will be one of our biggest challenges! GO BEARS! Good luck to both teams! Hello uncle Vincent over there in Greensville!!!lol.
In Tennessee they place your playoff seeding by a number a different things and your record Is one. So if we want a chance at a number 1 seed we have to win. We do not wanna play Fulton at Fulton
Got to go with the mountain team! Go Black Bears!
In KY your playoff position depends on your distric standing. #1 plays # 4, 2 plays 3 etc. Winners advance to the regional, then state!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next