•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 21 Harlan County 12
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:When was the last time Harlan County got beat at home?

9/6/13,lol
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:When was the last time Harlan County got beat at home?

November 2012.
Crossbones Wrote:TONIGHT!!! :biggrin:

HAHA! Before tonight, when was the last time Harlan County lost at home?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:HAHA! Before tonight, when was the last time Harlan County lost at home?

Sorry!! Couldn't resist. I believe it was in Nov. 2012
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boom!

I called this one.
Pirates destroy the Teddy Bears.

Did you really?...

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Less than 48 hours till complete blowout city.

Me and my friends have decided to listen to the radio. I dont want any children seeing how ugly this one will get.

HC 49
Belfry 7
Haywood can flat out coach. One of the best I've seen at making halftime adjustments.
Wow!! I actually had Harlan Co winning this game. Boy was I ever wrong and glad of it. Belfry came to play ball and grew up a lot through out the week.

This Belfry team is the real deal, I knew they were going to be good I just though it would take some time to jel.

Nothing to hang your head about Harlan Co. Tradition and Pride runs deep through those Letters on the front of that Belfry jersey. After all you got beat by the King of the Mountains. Many have tried and came up short, you guys still have a nice little 5A team.
Wonder what's the over/under on how many HC fans get back on here and eat crow?
Crossbones Wrote:Wonder what's the over/under on how many HC fans get back on here and eat crow?

I have faith in most of them.. they are a good group of fans.
Heck of a game!! Congrats to pond creek nation!!
I'm not gonna boast cause you know who you are that need to be eating your crow. # 23 Ray Horton was a monster on defense tonight. He made big play after big play. He just seemed to quick for the bears offensive line. Carson whitehead is def a beast but only had success out of the power I. Other than BELFRY pretty much took over in the second half. Who was the poster that said they would be wore down. And being young and inexperienced does t matter when you are coached by a LEGEND. WAY TO GO PIRATES. WAY TO REPRESENT. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT MOUNTAIN TOP 10 to be released. Good game Bears and great hospitality.
Crossbones Wrote:Wonder what's the over/under on how many HC fans get back on here and eat crow?

Harlan County has a nice team, but there fans are like a bunch of rednecks that hit the lottery. They haven't found out how to handle it yet. This will quite them down for a while, maybe?
I'll eat my crow grilled with garlic and onions. Congrats to the Pirates on the win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Anybody know any good crow recipes? Wow them guys are GOOD!
Big win for Belfry
Crossbones Wrote:Sorry!! Couldn't resist. I believe it was in Nov. 2012

Oh, ok. Someone was telling me that it had been a few years since they lost at home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Oh, ok. Someone was telling me that it had been a few years since they lost at home.

I guess I didn't say that correctly. When was the last time they lost at home during the regular season because they obviously lost at home to Cooper in the playoffs?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow. Belfry is just as advertised. Congrats to the new mountains top team. I missed this one.
Also, I am wondering, is Harlan overrated or is Belfry underrated because I know that the Pirates are a fairly young team and Harlan was touted as one of the top 5A teams in the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great job of making adjustments on the OLine by the Pirate Coaching staff. As the radio guys pointed out, HCHS was creating havoc in the middle with penetration in the 1st Half and as a result Belfry's HB's only had 2 combined carries at Halftime. Pirates shut down penetration and then Johnson and Willis go off in the 2nd Half.

Speaking of Johnson..he deserves some love as he sort of faded in the minds of Pirates fans after his injury and missing the last two playoff games. Hats off to J.J, showing why he is one of the most prolific RB's in EKY.. big time night as HC had no answer for him. Also gritty effort for Hatfield as he should have had over 100 rushing yards if not for the phantom penalty. Sani's stat line doesn't look impressive, but once again he was the victim of dropped passes.
Cooper 17-7 state semis
Me too, Spirit100 and with a side of humble pie!!

Congratulations Belfry Pirates; wow what a team!! I am seriously impressed with the strength and stamina of that team; not to mention the speed and execution. I have to mention Haywood, but don't really know what to say. You guys know him better than I!!! He made the right calls and the perfect adjustments at half time. Wonderful coach!!

HC led most of the first half, and went down by 1 just before halftime. The second half was all Belfry, and it was us who wore down. That surprised me!! Harlan County definately has things to work on, but the good news is they can be fixed! I'm thankful and confident that our coaching staff will correct the mistakes we made tonight, and we will be back to play another day!!!

Guys, I've enjoyed this week of banter more than any other!! And I ended up meeting some of the nices people I've ever met from Belfry and Prestonsburg. In particuliar, special shout outs to BlackCatFan#1, Pirate1991#8 and his beautiful family, belfry0304 and I missed skully!! Sad

Good luck Pirates!! I seriously hope you don't lose another game inlcuding the one you will be playing in Bowling Green!!!

Great game guys!

Black Bears, the sun will come up tomorrow and we will be ready next week. Count on it!!
Who played safety opposite C. Johnson?

Very impressed with Belfry on both sides of ball. This is huge for this team. Seems they are better than I gave credit.
Wish I could have seen this one. Congrats, Pirates!
In all honesty harlan county beat them selfs
They had the ball at the 5 yrd Lind going in and committed penalities. They missed exta points as well. Hats of to Belfry. A great team to be so young! Good luck in BG! I willbe rooting for ya!
Granny Bear Wrote:Me too, Spirit100 and with a side of humble pie!!

Congratulations Belfry Pirates; wow what a team!! I am seriously impressed with the strength and stamina of that team; not to mention the speed and execution. I have to mention Haywood, but don't really know what to say. You guys know him better than I!!! He made the right calls and the perfect adjustments at half time. Wonderful coach!!

HC led most of the first half, and went down by 1 just before halftime. The second half was all Belfry, and it was us who wore down. That surprised me!! Harlan County definately has things to work on, but the good news is they can be fixed! I'm thankful and confident that our coaching staff will correct the mistakes we made tonight, and we will be back to play another day!!!

Guys, I've enjoyed this week of banter more than any other!! And I ended up meeting some of the nices people I've ever met from Belfry and Prestonsburg. In particuliar, special shout outs to BlackCatFan#1, Pirate1991#8 and his beautiful family, belfry0304 and I missed skully!! Sad

Good luck Pirates!! I seriously hope you don't lose another game inlcuding the one you will be playing in Bowling Green!!!

Great game guys!

Black Bears, the sun will come up tomorrow and we will be ready next week. Count on it!!

You sure it will make it's way over those deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky? Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Also, I am wondering, is Harlan overrated or is Belfry underrated because I know that the Pirates are a fairly young team and Harlan was touted as one of the top 5A teams in the state.

Belfry is underrated. HCHS is for real...Belfry entered the game as being "for real with an asterisk". The knock on Belfry is youth and inexperience... tons of talent.. loaded at skill position...veteran QB who is smooth...everyone knows Belfry will be a beast at the end of the season.

The other thing was the misconception of the Somerset game. Everyone saw it and thought Somerset played them close..but in actuality Belfry dominated a good BriarJumper team. They gained over 400 yards on a veteran defense.. and aside from one big play and one drive Somerset's offense did absolutely nothing on them.

The one side of Belfry that is looking like a major improvement over last year is special teams. Wellman, the SOPH punter, is having an All-State season so far with 5 punts inside the 20 in two games and 3 Punts inside the 5. The Freshman PK Woolum has yet to miss an XP after a missed PAT cost Belfry the title last year.

Bottom line is it simply appears Belfry may be ahead of schedule becoming the team everyone expect them to be by about Week 7 or Week 8. No shame for HCHS.. Belfry has been playing at an elite level for the past couple years and the better part of a decade. As I said in the update thread "This ain't Bell County".. Belfry has been the class of EKY the past two seasons along with Johnson Central and it appears that may be the case again.

Harlan County needed this game. Belfry is a very complete team who plays with a Champion's swagger. You always know they will be fundamentally sound and will exploit your weaknesses. The Bears have work to do on Defense and their Offensive Line play needs to play up to their size. They are still my pick to reach Bowling Green and beat Bell County by 3-4 TD's. The HC/JC game will be a classic.
Hats off to Belfry! You guys are a very good team! Haywood sure out coaches Larkey tonight! Hopefully our team will keep their heads up and prepare better next time! No adjustments were made at half time by HC coaches and Haywood made the great adjustments and took his team to victory! Again grads to all the Belfry nation hope we see you guys again in BG!
Lol wow. Boom.
I'm trying to be objective and gracious! In reality, I'm stunned and hurt and you are just pissing me off!!!!

I mean this for and to be directly under LeecoUKFan, but there's so many folks posting that I missed the spot!!

LOL

But hey, it landed under vundy, so that's okay, too.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next