Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 21 Harlan County 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Statement win by the Pirates as they dominate the 2nd Half. Great game. Belfry made the adjustments needed.

Hope Cole Wilson is OK.
Boom!

I called this one.
Pirates destroy the Teddy Bears.
"Filthy Animal Defense" ??? lol
It was laughed at a bit in the prediction thread but I think the kicker and punter both played a key part in this game. Two games straight without a missed XP...has that ever happened before in the history of Belfry football? Being facetious of course but it feels like it's been a long time since the kicking game has been so solid.
Beat by a bunch of freshman. :biggrin::Clap:
Great game sure wished I had made the trip up to Harlan.
Umm...:flush:....never expected this!
AtlPirateFan Wrote:It was laughed at a bit in the prediction thread but I think the kicker and punter both played a key part in this game. Two games straight without a missed XP...has that ever happened before in the history of Belfry football? Being facetious of course but it feels like it's been a long time since the kicking game has been so solid.

The kicker is my nephew!! Proud of him. :rockon:
I did this in the other thread and think I need to do it here.

I am here to eat my crow. Belfry is loaded up!! Great game!! Very impressive!! Hobson is a beast!! And Haywood showed once again that he is one of the best in the business!!

Congratulations Pirates!!
WE ARE BELFRY DONT EVER FORGET IT:truestory:

Go Big Red:1:
I'm calling for another Belfry/Bourbon showdown in the playoffs.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:It was laughed at a bit in the prediction thread but I think the kicker and punter both played a key part in this game. Two games straight without a missed XP...has that ever happened before in the history of Belfry football? Being facetious of course but it feels like it's been a long time since the kicking game has been so solid.

You stole the point I wanted to make! HAHA

Belfry's Freshman Kicker 3/3 on XP's and good directional kicking... HCHS missed an XP and missed a conversion as a result making a 1 possession game a two possession game

Wellman was Co-POTG for me along with Justin Johnson..3 punts inside the 20, 2 inside the 5

HC -60 yards rushing allowed first 2 games combined... Belfry 310 yards tonight! 365 total yards and would have been over 400 if Keaton taylor would have focused

Hatfield 11 for 52
Johson 12 142 yards TD

Bailey 4/11, 0/7 in 2nd Half, 76 yards
Whitehead 19 carries, 69 yards

193 yards rushing, 269 Total
I wouldn't have made it out of Harlan alive if I had went to this one.

The Belfry fans would have killed me...

The zaga_fan abides.

Gracious in defeat...
and a douche-bag in victory.

Congrats to the Pirates and the Black Bear Nation let me down tonight.
Hopefully you let me down after I predict you to beat Perry in a few weeks as well!
"CROW", what many of here will be eating after the young Pirates prove the majority of the people on here wrong. I just can't see this being called an upset.
Woot woot
Big win for the Pirates. This might be Belfry's year to win it all.
Good win for the pirates. Haywood is hard to beat, one of the best coaches I've ever watched that can find a teams weakness and know the exact time to attack that weakness.
My post was suppose to say Johnson, not Hobson. Stupid auto correct
Big win for the Pirates. The freshman came to play tonight. I think the D really stepped up tonight. The game wasn't as close as the final score.
wooderson Wrote:"CROW", what many of here will be eating after the young Pirates prove the majority of the people on here wrong. I just can't see this being called an upset.

I talked smack. I can take it!!:Thumbs:
Belfry has 6 Freshman with the ability to be All-Time level guys at their respective positions...Hall and Horton with huge plays on Defense tonight and Bentley part of that dominating Oline
Congrats go out to the "POND CREEK NATION"

Have a safe trip to Somerset next week for the Southwestern game!!!
Big Win for the Pirates! :Thumbs:
Cardinals ride Wrote:My post was suppose to say Johnson, not Hobson. Stupid auto correct

i was wondering who hobson was,lol
When u have those Blackberry Men on your team
u can't help but win
Way to go Pirates! I love being a Pirate. Good luck Harlan Co. Nothing to hang ur heads about. Big win for the Pirates. Just don't let this go to their heads. Enjoy it and get ready for Southwestern!

Go Big Red!
When was the last time Harlan County got beat at home?
OLD PIRATE Wrote:When u have those Blackberry Men on your team
u can't help but win

My dad would strongly endorse this statement. He used to Coach Blackberry back in the day when they were strong..well before school consolidation.

Best thing about the new middle school was basically the rebirth of pulling players from over on Blackberry when for years in the late 90's you were hard pressed to find a single kid on the team. That and the fact some of those Belfry players from Blackberry in the 80's have their sons playing now.
Congratulations Pirates and Coach Haywood!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:When was the last time Harlan County got beat at home?

TONIGHT!!! :biggrin:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7