Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden: 'I don't want to live in a society that does...
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There have been multiple calls by Republican House and Senate members for Clapper's resignation. Besides being a poor liar, the man is incompetent. In short, Clapper is the type of individual That Obama recruits for top positions in his administration.

Did Obama appoint him?

Edit: Scratch that. I looked and he did.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There have been multiple calls by Republican House and Senate members for Clapper's resignation. Besides being a poor liar, the man is incompetent. In short, Clapper is the type of individual That Obama recruits for top positions in his administration.

TheRealVille Wrote:Did Obama appoint him?

Edit: Scratch that. I looked and he did.

The reach of government has truly become jaw dropping. There is a sentinel posted in every public agency overseeing the whole sordid affair.
From the Dallas Morning News;

"Even before Edward Snowden’s revelations, I had a sense that electronic communications aren’t totally private. But until I read this NYTimes story today, I had no idea of this element of snail mail:"

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews...-too.html/

The scope of this administration's data gathering is massive. Like I have said. All a government official or employee needs to do to get your entire life story up on their screen is to punch in name, phone number, address or social. Everything will pop up, medical records to past parking tickets and your party affiliation, it's will all be there to be had. There was a TV series on at one time. A technowhiz who had developed advanced computer knowledge lost his daughter. Turns out she was involved in some kind of violent insurrection activity. Cutting to the chase, a computer representation of his daughter was recreated by taking all kinds of info about her personal life from dry cleaning tickets, report cards, medical and school records and on and on the list went. By linking a sort of 3D printer and super computer on steroids. At the time that seemed a plausible though novel possible reality.

In light of recent revelations, the idea is still fantastic and yet not nearly as novel. :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
by the way France is doing to same thing
Paris (CNN) -- France carries out mass surveillance of phone calls and e-mails in a program similar to the American one revealed by U.S. leaker Edward Snowden, a French newspaper has claimed.
The program is run by France's secret service, the Directorate General for External Security, and also is used by six other French intelligence services, national daily Le Monde alleged in a report late Thursday.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/05/world/euro...?hpt=hp_t1