Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 2013
36 Blitz: North Laurel Jaguars

North Laurel may not have the stout tradition some teams around the state have, but the Jaguars do have a talented bunch in 2013.

And the one team they're confident they'll beat this season, South Laurel, has no chance according to the players on the North side of things in the county rivalry.

More from Keenan Singleton in the video.

http://www.wtvq.com/content/localsports/...uZs1g.cspx
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
johnnyd Wrote:Yes but you are from a school that is a traditional winner. They are trying to build a winning program there at North. Last year was there first winning season in forever. You have to keep that ball rolling. You ever heard "Success breeds success". Lets let them win for a few years before Trinity comes on the schedule.

You gain nothing by beating schools that should not be on the schedule. There is no way Williamsburg and Lynn Camp should be on the schedule ever. A 5a school should never schedule below 3a and maybe one of these games a year,
North Laurel High School football interview

LONDON, Ky (WYMT) - With high school football just around the corner the Sports Department began football interviews with the high schools around the area.

Earlier this week we met up with North Laurel to talk goals for the coming season.

The North Laurel Jaguars are coming off a 6-5 season and an early exit from the playoffs to Whitley County.

We sat down with Head Coach Chris Larkey and discussed the high expectations coming into this season.

"The people in the community expect us to this year have a great season because we've got a lot of players back. You can write our team down on paper we look great, but that's on paper. You can throw paper in the garbage. Our kids have to go out there on Friday night and compete and prove that they are a good football team because they expect us to win this year and this is the year for our players to come together and win." said Coach Larkey.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...00561.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
insideinfo Wrote:You gain nothing by beating schools that should not be on the schedule. There is no way Williamsburg and Lynn Camp should be on the schedule ever. A 5a school should never schedule below 3a and maybe one of these games a year,

:boosign: inside info would you please explain about why Williamsburg shoudn't be on north laurel schedules would you complain if mayfield,beechwood,russelleville,hazard,fairview,pikeville and race land I don't think so this will be a heck of a game for both teams go Williamsburg :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
insideinfo Wrote:You gain nothing by beating schools that should not be on the schedule. There is no way Williamsburg and Lynn Camp should be on the schedule ever. A 5a school should never schedule below 3a and maybe one of these games a year,

I tend to agree here.
In all reality theres nothing to gain by the bigger schools.

Its okay to schedule 1A schools when there going to have really good years in there class, like Wburg should this year, but truth be told, N Laurel would have got more out of scheduling a bigger school.
64SUR Wrote::boosign: inside info would you please explain about why Williamsburg shoudn't be on north laurel schedules would you complain if mayfield,beechwood,russelleville,hazard,fairview,pikeville and race land I don't think so this will be a heck of a game for both teams go Williamsburg :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

It has nothing to do with Williamsburg. I just believe that if larger schools have to play !a and 2a schools to get a win they need to look at there program and decide if football is something they want to keep doing,
As far as I'm concerned Williamsburg is one of the most explosive teams in the mountains and will no doubt compete to bring home a State Championship this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them embarrass the Jags here in a few weeks. I agree normally a big school with over 1000 enrollment shouldn't be playing a small school with enrollment below 500 but in this case Williamsburg just happens to be loaded to the brim and will give the Jags all they want. It could get ugly.....
Furthermore - I'm pumped to watch Clay and North Tangle - these two schools have swapped so many kids back and fourth this season between basketball and football it isn't even funny. One of those recent transfers posted degrading comments on a popular social media website for the world to see about his old staff and team mates, which has caused quiet a stir, and provided some terrific bulletin board material.

I believe this game will be a war, Clay most likely won't have a very good season (Excuse #1 - Tough Schedule) but they'll be sky high for this game as well as North wanting some redemption via winning Clay's Appalachian Bowl, I'm calling this game a toss up, it'll be a WAR....Can't Wait.
Oldtiger Wrote:Furthermore - I'm pumped to watch Clay and North Tangle - these two schools have swapped so many kids back and fourth this season between basketball and football it isn't even funny. One of those recent transfers posted degrading comments on a popular social media website for the world to see about his old staff and team mates, which has caused quiet a stir, and provided some terrific bulletin board material.

I believe this game will be a war, Clay most likely won't have a very good season (Excuse #1 - Tough Schedule) but they'll be sky high for this game as well as North wanting some redemption via winning Clay's Appalachian Bowl, I'm calling this game a toss up, it'll be a WAR....Can't Wait.

If gossip on a webpage has to get someone up for a game then they shouldn't be playing anyway.
After reading through this thread, it feels good to be relevant again. It has been a long time since anyone talked down or bad about North Laurel and in football that is always the first sign of success and jealously. Now if the South side will turn the corner our whole county can share that feeling.
Way to go North!
:football::football::football::howdy: august 31 north laurel here it come air raid
I saw on the wymt sports last night that coach Larkey had a holocaust survivor speak to his players and parents, how nice that was I bet. Would have loved to hear what he had to say.