Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 2013
North Laurel 2013 Schedule

Week 0 8/23 vs. Claiborne(New Tazewell TN), 4A 4-6.
Week 1 8/31 Williamsburg(Laurel Co. Bowl @South Laurel), 1A 11-2.
Week 2 9/7 @ Clay Co., 4A 4-7.
Week 3 Off
Week 4 9/20 vs. Fleming Co., 3A 7-5.
Week 5 9/27 vs. Southwestern, 5A 3-7.
Week 6 10/4 @ Pulaski, 5A 9-4.
Week 7 10/11 vs. Lincoln Co., 5A 5-6.
Week 8 10/18 @ Madison Southern, 5A 7-5.
Week 9 10/25 vs. South Laurel, 5A 1-9.
Week 10 11/1 @ Grant Co., 5A 3-7.

This is quite a bit better scheduling job by Chris Larkey this season. Weeks 5-9 are all District 7 games. Of the 10 teams we play 6 were playoff teams last year with 4 of them going to the second round and 2 losing in the third round. 3 of them losing to the Harlan Co. Black Bears. It will be interesting to see how the Week 1 match up goes. Williamsburg is expected to be an outstanding team returning most of the players from a 11-2 team, losing to Hazard in the 3rd round last year. It will be an exciting season for the Jags going 6-4 maybe 7-3 with an upset improving on last years record of 6-5. Let's Go Jags!!!
I like this schedule for north laurel coach larkey is doing a great job.:Thumbs:
I wouldn't mind going to London for the regional finals this season.
I'll go with 7-3 though, with losses to Williamsburg, Pulaski County and Madison Southern.
I would take them results. Last year first time in 10 years with winning record!
Bold prediction....North Laurel wins the district and gets 2 playoff wins before losing in the region championship game. Final record 10-3
Huge upgrade on schedule, after this 2 year cycle is over they should be able to get it where it belongs
5-5. No playoffs.
Norm Peterson Wrote:5-5. No playoffs.

They return almost everyone....how could they not be better?
johnnyd Wrote:They return almost everyone....how could they not be better?

They were a monumental collapse vs Pulaski Co and a couple long runs by Damien Harris away from winning that district last season. It very easily could have gone their way. Bad part for them, is Harris is back and so is Pulaski's whole team except Goins.
Week 0 8/23 vs. Claiborne Win
Week 1 8/31 Williamsburg Win/Loss (Could go either way IMHO)
Week 2 9/7 @ Clay Co. Win
Week 3 Off
Week 4 9/20 vs. Fleming Co.Win
Week 5 9/27 vs. Southwestern Win
Week 6 10/4 @ Pulaski Loss
Week 7 10/11 vs. Lincoln Co. Win
Week 8 10/18 @ Madison Southern Loss
Week 9 10/25 vs. South Laurel Win
Week 10 11/1 @ Grant Co Win

I think the Wburg game could go either way. That game will decide if its a 7-3 or 6-4 year for the Jags.
I think Madison Southern has that district locked down next year and North will finish runner up.
Second round loss at Harlan County for the jags.
Overall....8-4, second round playoff loss at Harlan County.
I don't think the jaguars will lose a game, if so i predict them at worse a 8-2 record
Madison Southern will finish 2nd or 3rd in District.:Thumbs:
North goes 6-4
6-4 at best. Schedule is really soft.
redstorm Wrote:6-4 at best. Schedule is really soft.

I've never know of North Laurel being real good so I would think it would make sense not to play a super tough schedule. But this looks like a pretty good schedule for North. Not every team is a Bell, Whitley, Harlan Co, Knox. It does no good to get the crap beat out of your kids when your not very good.
^ it is a pretty mediocre schedule, but I can't disagree with your point. I team like North Laurel gains more from going 7-3 against a weakish schedule more than they do going 4-6 against a really tough schedule.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ it is a pretty mediocre schedule, but I can't disagree with your point. I team like North Laurel gains more from going 7-3 against a weakish schedule more than they do going 4-6 against a really tough schedule.

I would have to disagree. I would rather have a battle tested 4-6 team going into the playoffs than a 7-3 team playing cupcakes.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I would have to disagree. I would rather have a battle tested 4-6 team going into the playoffs than a 7-3 team playing cupcakes.

Yes but you are from a school that is a traditional winner. They are trying to build a winning program there at North. Last year was there first winning season in forever. You have to keep that ball rolling. You ever heard "Success breeds success". Lets let them win for a few years before Trinity comes on the schedule.
johnnyd Wrote:Yes but you are from a school that is a traditional winner. They are trying to build a winning program there at North. Last year was there first winning season in forever. You have to keep that ball rolling. You ever heard "Success breeds success". Lets let them win for a few years before Trinity comes on the schedule.

I understand what you are saying, but there's no world beaters on that schedule. Only 4 teams with a winning record last year. I actually think the schedule will benefit the team this year. Just my opinion.

Best of luck to you guys this season.
I look for the Jags to be a very surprising for many fans. They return just about everyone. With a good regular season last year and a first round loss to Whitley County I look for North to be about 7-3. Can not wait to see the game against Williamsburg it will be a great game but look for North to beat them by at least two touchdowns.
FootballAdiction Wrote:I look for the Jags to be a very surprising for many fans. They return just about everyone. With a good regular season last year and a first round loss to Whitley County I look for North to be about 7-3. Can not wait to see the game against Williamsburg it will be a great game but look for North to beat them by at least two touchdowns.

:howdy::howdy: football addiction it will be a close 1st half.but then in the 2nd half.air attack will be to much for the jags.Williamsburg wins big.otherwise after the game I will be pulling for north rest of the season. Go Williamsburg Confusednicker:
FootballAdiction Wrote:I look for the Jags to be a very surprising for many fans. They return just about everyone. With a good regular season last year and a first round loss to Whitley County I look for North to be about 7-3. Can not wait to see the game against Williamsburg it will be a great game but look for North to beat them by at least two touchdowns.

:igiveup::igiveup: football addiction yesterday on Williamsburg 2013 thread you pick Williamsburg to go undefeated and lose in the final four.but on this thread you are picking north laurel to win by two touchdown what happen sense yesterday.:insane:
Like I said in the Whitley thread it was my mistake didn't see North on the schedule. But I meant what I said on the North Laurel thread. I can not wait to see the Williamsburg against North Laurel game. I'm sure Williamsburg will come up with some kind of excuse for them losing so badly. Trust me Williamsburg might be able to beat all the easy 1A teams but they will soon find out what REAL Friday night football is all about whenever they play North Laurel. Hopefully it will get you Williamsburg fans off your big pedestal you "think" your on. The only thing you are right about 64SUR is the game wont be close after the first quarter. But trust me the score board wont be in the Jackets favor. Also one last thing 64SUR if Williamsburg is such an elite team. Then why do they play one of the easiest schedule's in the state of Kentucky? Hahaha :biglmao:
FootballAdiction Wrote:Like I said in the Whitley thread it was my mistake didn't see North on the schedule. But I meant what I said on the North Laurel thread. I can not wait to see the Williamsburg against North Laurel game. I'm sure Williamsburg will come up with some kind of excuse for them losing so badly. Trust me Williamsburg might be able to beat all the easy 1A teams but they will soon find out what REAL Friday night football is all about whenever they play North Laurel. Hopefully it will get you Williamsburg fans off your big pedestal you "think" your on. The only thing you are right about 64SUR is the game wont be close after the first quarter. But trust me the score board wont be in the Jackets favor. Also one last thing 64SUR if Williamsburg is such an elite team. Then why do they play one of the easiest schedule's in the state of Kentucky? Hahaha :biglmao:

ouch :getwell::getwell: from 64sur.
I expect North to have a really good year this year. They lost only a few seniors and bring back two great players in #28 and #1! They will definitely challenge for a district title.
FootballAdiction Wrote:Like I said in the Whitley thread it was my mistake didn't see North on the schedule. But I meant what I said on the North Laurel thread. I can not wait to see the Williamsburg against North Laurel game. I'm sure Williamsburg will come up with some kind of excuse for them losing so badly. Trust me Williamsburg might be able to beat all the easy 1A teams but they will soon find out what REAL Friday night football is all about whenever they play North Laurel. Hopefully it will get you Williamsburg fans off your big pedestal you "think" your on. The only thing you are right about 64SUR is the game wont be close after the first quarter. But trust me the score board wont be in the Jackets favor. Also one last thing 64SUR if Williamsburg is such an elite team. Then why do they play one of the easiest schedule's in the state of Kentucky? Hahaha :biglmao:
thanks footballadict :Sad04: for your support.i myself wish whitley a good season and for you footballadict Confusederved: by the :policeman:policeman:policeman Confusedmoke:

I usually don't get involved in this garbage because to be honest MOST of you are clueless. 2 years ago Wburg started about 14 positions as Freshman. Coach Herron did a great job of scheduling. They beat Allen Central, Berea, Cville. Leslie Co by total of 17 points. They lost to Onieda and Oliver Springs by 41 points. They also lost to Harlan by 19 second game of year and beat them by 32 in playoffs so they did improve over the year.
I'm sure Coach Herron would have like to beef up the schedule some for this soph bunch BUT contracts are signed for TWO years. The 12 season saw those 4 wins by 17 points turn into 4 wins by 160 points. The 2 loses to the TN teams turned into a 21-0 win and a 3 point lose. Also a 28-0 lose to Hazard in 11 turned into a 7-0 lose in 12.
Lets talk schedule. NORTH LAUREL has opened up with 2 1A schools the last 2 years. Williamsburg has had ONE team on it's schedule last 2 years and this year with SMALLER enrollment, Pineville. EVERY team on NORTH LAURELS schedule for last 2 years and this year has had SMALLER enrollment that NORTH.
Ok 64SUR you totally "served" me. Good luck August 31. Cant wait to hear the results. :Thumbs:
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: North Laurel Jaguars

LONDON, Ky. (WYMT) - We travel west for our next DQ Grill and Chill Pigskin Preview as we look at a team who looks to be much better than last season's 6-5 record, the North Laurel Jaguars.

Every summer there are teams that will hang their hats on experience, returning players who played key roles the previous season. Well, there is experience, and then there are the North Laurel Jaguars.

"We've grown up a whole lot over a year. Now we're the dominant seniors I guess," says senior running back Gabe Blair. "We're not young; we don't have that young excuse anymore."

The Jaguars return more then 3,400 yards of total offense from one year ago, including 41 touchdowns, but anyone can look good on paper.

"You can throw paper in the garbage," says head coach Chris Larkey. "Our kids have to go out there on Friday night and compete and prove that they're a good football team because they expect us to win this year."

"It doesn't really mean anything if we don't come out and play on Friday nights, so you've just got to play every play like it's your last play and give it your all," adds Cole Lewis, a senior wide receiver.

With so much returning from last year's 6-5 team, only one thing can make this season a success.

"I'm just ready to win district; win district, go to region, make a run at state," says senior linebacker Jake McFadden. "I'm not too worried about anything else. We're all focused on that as a team."

But in order for that to happen, the Jaguars must play a full 48 minutes.

"We got to play every quarter like it's the fourth quarter instead of playing a first half good or a second half good, we just got to put a whole game together," explains Michael Nelson, the Jaguars' quarterback.

"We played the first half and went all out, got up 21-0 on a team, then they came back in the second half and beat us," adds McFadden. "We just need to keep that intensity and focus throughout the entire game this year, which we will."

And maybe then North Laurel can accomplish a program first.

"We'd like to get into the playoffs, and they want to win a game in the playoffs," says Larkey. "Our school has never done that, so that's a big thing that they want to do this year is to get to the playoffs and win in the playoffs."

The Jaguars begin what they hope is a lengthy season at home on August 23rd against Claiborne, Tennessee.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...65771.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
North has got progressively better the last 4 years. I look for them to finish 3rd in their district. 5A schools should pound 1A schools but I look for Williamsburg to prevail this year.