Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds Read more here: http://www
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Made turds too, gonna smoke them?

:thatsfunn :Clap: :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yet, I know of no other drug that actually has some health benefits...
vundy33 Wrote:Yet, I know of no other drug that actually has some health benefits...
Aspirin is the true miracle drug. Penicillin use to be one but it has lost potency from overuse. On balance, marijuana does far more harm than good to most users. If I owned a company, I would not hire anybody who smoked it whether it was legal or not. But if adults want to screw up their own lives, then I support their right to do so as long as they do not harm anybody else in doing it.
How so? For every bit of harm you mention, there is a way to get around it. The hiring thing, I assume that's why people tend to keep it to themselves...most people would quit for work if they had to. That's another good thing about it.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Aspirin is the true miracle drug. Penicillin use to be one but it has lost potency from overuse. On balance, marijuana does far more harm than good to most users. If I owned a company, I would not hire anybody who smoked it whether it was legal or not. But if adults want to screw up their own lives, then I support their right to do so as long as they do not harm anybody else in doing it.
If it becomes legal federally, you won't have a choice. If they aren't high at work, you won't be able to deny them, or you will face lawyers.

BTW, Tylenol kills more people yearly, that pot.
TheRealVille Wrote:If it becomes legal federally, you won't have a choice. If they aren't high at work, you won't be able to deny them, or you will face lawyers.

BTW, Tylenol kills more people yearly, that pot.

That's where we differ. A "private business" in this country should have that choice.
vundy33 Wrote:How so? For every bit of harm you mention, there is a way to get around it. The hiring thing, I assume that's why people tend to keep it to themselves...most people would quit for work if they had to. That's another good thing about it.
How many extremely successful people have you ever heard give credit to smoking weed? Granted, there are plenty of young athletes, entertainers, and other celebrities who obviously are successful financially despite abusing all sorts of drugs, but how many people in professions that require brainpower are regular drug users? In contrast to most people who do not smoke marijuana, my guess is that most smokers would quit work if they could. Chronic drug users tend to have trouble focusing and holding down good jobs long term.

Most marijuana smokers who I have known gradually kicked the habit after they got out of college. Smoking the stuff just does not do anything to contribute to one's success in life. I admit that there are exceptions, but I would be shocked if the average marijuana smoker is not much less successful in life at the same age as their non-toking counterparts are.

Unemployed marijuana smokers are probably less stressed and happier than unemployed non-smokers, but stress is not always a bad thing. It can be a very powerful motivator and alcohol and dope tend to counteract a person's natural motivation to work and meet their family and financial obligations. However, if people can smoke marijuana, follow the law, and be good citizens, then I have no problem with whatever they want to do to their own body and mind.
Lol...people don't smoke based on whether it not others have been successful or unsuccessful while smoking.

People have the stereotypical idea that pot smokers are lazy, unemployed, and leach from the government...that couldn't be further from the truth. When someone is an alcoholic or addicted to opiates, cocaine, ect, it's failed easy to tell. Not so with marijuana. Many smoke as a substitute for alcohol because for one reason or another they prefer it, some just smoke for fun, some to counter pain killers they take for a condition, some substitute it completely for pain killers, some smoke to help get their appetite going, some for nerve damage. There's so many reasons, and so many different people that most would never associate with marijuana. Personally, I don't really smoke anymore, but if I do these days, it's because one of the two latter reasons I mentioned above. I have plenty I nerve damage, and I'm on some very nasty medicines. Also helps my stomach with throwing up, I take this nasty memory medication that you have to let dissolve in the mouth, and it gets me so sick. I'm used to it now, but at first, I think I would've starved to death, lol.

These days I don't feel the need to smoke. And there's plenty of people that just want a buzz, for the same reason people want to get drunk or under the influence of any drug. I can't speak for everyone, just my own reasons and reasons I know of that other people have for smoking, drinking, ect. I've found that marijuana is by far the peats damaging to your body, the people around you, and your way of life. Hell, ya for even have to hurt your lungs by smoking it.

I just hate to see it demonized for no reason, and stereotypes pushed that are just conpletely wrong.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:How many extremely successful people have you ever heard give credit to smoking weed? Granted, there are plenty of young athletes, entertainers, and other celebrities who obviously are successful financially despite abusing all sorts of drugs, but how many people in professions that require brainpower are regular drug users? In contrast to most people who do not smoke marijuana, my guess is that most smokers would quit work if they could. Chronic drug users tend to have trouble focusing and holding down good jobs long term.

Most marijuana smokers who I have known gradually kicked the habit after they got out of college. Smoking the stuff just does not do anything to contribute to one's success in life. I admit that there are exceptions, but I would be shocked if the average marijuana smoker is not much less successful in life at the same age as their non-toking counterparts are.

Unemployed marijuana smokers are probably less stressed and happier than unemployed non-smokers, but stress is not always a bad thing. It can be a very powerful motivator and alcohol and dope tend to counteract a person's natural motivation to work and meet their family and financial obligations. However, if people can smoke marijuana, follow the law, and be good citizens, then I have no problem with whatever they want to do to their own body and mind.
You would be very surprised by how many successful people that smoke pot. I know several doctors and lawyers that smoke. They don't give pot the credit because pot doesn't make you successful, but done right, it doesn't hinder it either. BTW, props for doing the usual spin, "How many extremely successful people have you ever heard give credit to smoking weed?"
vundy33 Wrote:Lol...people don't smoke based on whether it not others have been successful or unsuccessful while smoking.
That is my point. The worst performing employees with whom I have worked have either smoked marijuana or tobacco, or drank to excess on a regular basis. In my opinion, there is a connection between drug use and productivity. I would not knowingly employ either kind of smoker, nor would I employ anybody who I knew to be a heavy drinker - at least not while equally well qualified applicants were available who did not have those vices.

vundy33 Wrote:People have the stereotypical idea that pot smokers are lazy, unemployed, and leach from the government...that couldn't be further from the truth. When someone is an alcoholic or addicted to opiates, cocaine, ect, it's failed easy to tell. Not so with marijuana. Many smoke as a substitute for alcohol because for one reason or another they prefer it, some just smoke for fun, some to counter pain killers they take for a condition, some substitute it completely for pain killers, some smoke to help get their appetite going, some for nerve damage. There's so many reasons, and so many different people that most would never associate with marijuana. Personally, I don't really smoke anymore, but if I do these days, it's because one of the two latter reasons I mentioned above. I have plenty I nerve damage, and I'm on some very nasty medicines. Also helps my stomach with throwing up, I take this nasty memory medication that you have to let dissolve in the mouth, and it gets me so sick. I'm used to it now, but at first, I think I would've starved to death, lol.

These days I don't feel the need to smoke. And there's plenty of people that just want a buzz, for the same reason people want to get drunk or under the influence of any drug. I can't speak for everyone, just my own reasons and reasons I know of that other people have for smoking, drinking, ect. I've found that marijuana is by far the peats damaging to your body, the people around you, and your way of life. Hell, ya for even have to hurt your lungs by smoking it.

I just hate to see it demonized for no reason, and stereotypes pushed that are just conpletely wrong.
The stereotypes are well deserved. There are plenty of hard working people that smoke marijuana, but I would be willing to bet that if a statistic exists that correlates marijuana use to employment, it will show that unemployed people are more likely to smoke than employed people and of those smokers who are employed, their salaries are lower than those who do not smoke. Unless somebody could prove to me that marijuana smokers make better workers than non-smokers, then I would not take a chance on them, given the choice. That alone, is reason enough not to smoke, IMO, because I know that is how the majority of employers view drug use.
That's just not true from my experience man, lol.
TheRealVille Wrote:You would be very surprised by how many successful people that smoke pot. I know several doctors and lawyers that smoke. They don't give pot the credit because pot doesn't make you successful, but done right, it doesn't hinder it either. BTW, props for doing the usual spin, "How many extremely successful people have you ever heard give credit to smoking weed?"
I acknowledged that there are exceptions, so no I would not be surprised. There is no right way to abuse drugs of any kind. I am guessing that if your were honest, you would admit that given the choice between being operated on by a surgeon known to smoke pot on a regular basis and one who never smokes, you would opt for the latter. Evolution favors people who go through life with a clear mind.
vundy33 Wrote:That's just not true from my experience man, lol.
You may feel differently by the time you reach my age. :biggrin:

BTW, I don't see why any company permits employees to smoke at work. "Smoke breaks" cost this nation's economy a fortune - but I am adamantly against sin taxes on cigarettes and government imposed restrictions on smoking in restaurants, bars, etc.
60 million pot smoking "slackers".
[YOUTUBE="The Union: The business behind getting high."]FiDYiXbN2-s[/YOUTUBE]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That is my point. The worst performing employees with whom I have worked have either smoked marijuana or tobacco, or drank to excess on a regular basis. In my opinion, there is a connection between drug use and productivity. I would not knowingly employ either kind of smoker, nor would I employ anybody who I knew to be a heavy drinker - at least not while equally well qualified applicants were available who did not have those vices.

The stereotypes are well deserved. There are plenty of hard working people that smoke marijuana, but I would be willing to bet that if a statistic exists that correlates marijuana use to employment, it will show that unemployed people are more likely to smoke than employed people and of those smokers who are employed, their salaries are lower than those who do not smoke. Unless somebody could prove to me that marijuana smokers make better workers than non-smokers, then I would not take a chance on them, given the choice. That alone, is reason enough not to smoke, IMO, because I know that is how the majority of employers view drug use.
Only because of prohibition. You are nothing more than an uninformed person. Why not watch the movie I post, then debate what you know?
TheRealVille Wrote:Only because of prohibition. You are nothing more than an uninformed person. Why not watch the movie I post, then debate what you know?
Because it is a long movie and I have very little interest in this subject. If you want to put yourself at a competitive disadvantage in life by smoking pot, then that is your business. I choose not to do so. I will never have to worry about passing a drug screen.

There are bigger fish to fry at this time - several of them in fact.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Philadelphia's City Council is setting up a special investigative committee to conduct a wide-ranging investigation in the aftermath of the building collapse that killed six people and injured 13 last week.

The downtown building was being demolished when it collapsed onto a neighboring Salvation Army Thrift Store on Wednesday, killing two employees and four customers. Police say a heavy equipment operator was high on marijuana when the accident happened and he surrendered Saturday to face charges in the deaths.

http://www.windstream.net/news/read/cate...of_fata-ap

These are the true effects of marijuana in the workplace. I guess the six who lost their lives and the hundreds of thousands of dollars in loss and law suit settlements, is money well spent. :please:
FWIW, personal lives and collateral damage done to family and friends as the result of drug usage, is just as devastating.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]