Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds Read more here: http://www
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am a little surprised to see the Obama drug czar release the results of this study.

[INDENT]
Quote:Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds

WASHINGTON — Marijuana is the drug most often linked to crime in the United States, the U.S. drug czar said Thursday, dismissing calls for legalization as a “bumper-sticker approach” that should be avoided.

Gil Kerlikowske, the White House director of national drug-control policy, said a study by his office showed a strong link between drug use and crime. Eighty percent of the adult males arrested for crimes in Sacramento, Calif., last year tested positive for at least one illegal drug. Marijuana was the most commonly detected drug, found in 54 percent of those arrested.

The study found similar results in four other cities: New York, Denver, Atlanta and Chicago. Among the cities, it included examinations of 1,736 urine samples and 1,938 interviews with men who were arrested.

Researchers found that marijuana was the most popular drug used by men who’d been arrested in all the cities, ranging from a low of 37 percent in Atlanta to a high of 58 percent in Chicago. Chicago also had the highest overall positive test results, with 86 percent of the men found to have at least one drug in their bloodstreams.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/23/19...rylink=cpy
[/INDENT]
It's not going to sit well in Kentucky....
so criminals do something that's illegal in most states? Interesting.
You dont get it hoot, they only smoke pot when there at home and "taking it easy".
They break the law while there sober.

Theres a big difference Confusednicker:
Any substance that makes you delusional an impaired should be illegal.
^ That didn't work so good during "alcohol prohibition". Crime got a lot worse.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You dont get it hoot, they only smoke pot when there at home and "taking it easy".
They break the law while there sober.

Theres a big difference Confusednicker:
I am in favor of full legalization of marijuana use by adults. Whether it is legal or not, criminals are going to use it. I would rather use the prison space for locking up violent criminals and maybe provide longer sentences for people who commit crimes while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The current system of sending people to prison for using and possessing drugs, where they learn other skills from hardened criminals makes no sense to me.

Of course, most liberals would never agree to harsher penalties for violent criminals.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am in favor of full legalization of marijuana use by adults. Whether it is legal or not, criminals are going to use it. I would rather use the prison space for locking up violent criminals and maybe provide longer sentences for people who commit crimes while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The current system of sending people to prison for using and possessing drugs, where they learn other skills from hardened criminals makes no sense to me.

Of course, most liberals would never agree to harsher penalties for violent criminals.
Every once in awhile you and I can criss cross paths and could "high five". Prohibition doesn't work. It never has. That experiment has already been tried, and failed. I am a liberal that is very much in favor of harsher punishment for criminals.
[YOUTUBE="Weed"]goSoWVnUtC8#![/YOUTUBE]
Another bullshit ploy!
It should be like alcohol and it would be good for the economy, eastern Ky. is so hooked on pills and meth now that marijuana has took a step way back in illegal substance abuse. I think it would help people who are chronically ill and would be a help to all.
Just one persons view
^
So you believe that legalizing pot is going to keep people from doing pills and meth?

Confusednicker: IF anything, its going to make it worse once that common high of weed is useless to them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
So you believe that legalizing pot is going to keep people from doing pills and meth?

Confusednicker: IF anything, its going to make it worse once that common high of weed is useless to them.
Does the common high from drinking make you want meth?
If it grows naturally it should be legal. Quite frankly we have a lot bigger problems than drugs right now.
Hahahaha, weed is da debil!
TheRealVille Wrote:Does the common high from drinking make you want meth?

I dont know, i dont get drunk.

You can deny it all you want, its a gateway drug.
I would bet that almost all hardcore addicts started out on pot.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If it grows naturally it should be legal. Quite frankly we have a lot bigger problems than drugs right now.

Dang right!
We gotta make sure Steve and Doug can get married and that all illegal mexicans are granted citizenship immediately!
IMO, Alcohol is the #1 gateway drug...

I don't want to see marijuana legalized but I am tired of seeing young adults with no motivation expressing their opinions on why pot should be legal...go ahead and make it legal so these idiots can stay home....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont know, i dont get drunk.

You can deny it all you want, its a gateway drug.
I would bet that almost all hardcore addicts started out on pot.
Because pot is the easy one to get. It is ONLY a gateway drug in the fact that since it's illegal, and is sold by drug dealers that sell, and push, the harder drugs. There is no addictive quality in pot that causes one to go to harder stuff. The biggest enemies of making pot legal are people like you, that don't have clue what they are talking about. It's not a bad thing that you are clueless about pot, but you shouldn't advise on matters that you don't know about. The war on drugs has caused a 1000x more problems than it's helped, just like alcohol prohibitation did. Do you feel you have a right to tell others whether they can drink, or not? If not, what gives you that right with pot?
TheRealVille Wrote:Because pot is the easy one to get. It is ONLY a gateway drug in the fact that since it's illegal, and is sold by drug dealers that sell, and push, the harder drugs. There is no addictive quality in pot that causes one to go to harder stuff. The biggest enemies of making pot legal are people like you, that don't have clue what they are talking about. It's not a bad thing that you are clueless about pot, but you shouldn't advise on matters that you don't know about. The war on drugs has caused a 1000x more problems than it's helped, just like alcohol prohibitation did. Do you feel you have a right to tell others whether they can drink, or not? If not, what gives you that right with pot?

Lets just legalize everything, which is the ultimate liberal goal.

Lets legalize meth, homo marriage, rainbows, unicorns, and leperchauns.
Might as well. So you want to legalize pot, but what about the rights of someone who wants to use meth, or start a small army that inlcudes tanks and 50 cals everywhere? Should that be up to them?

Where does this nonsense end? Might as well get over it, its never going to be legal from a government standard, atleast not in our lifetime.
judgementday Wrote:IMO, Alcohol is the #1 gateway drug...

I don't want to see marijuana legalized but I am tired of seeing young adults with no motivation expressing their opinions on why pot should be legal...go ahead and make it legal so these idiots can stay home....

Which ould cause a shit storm in more food stamp sign ups with all those munchies.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets just legalize everything, which is the ultimate liberal goal.

Might as well. So you want to legalize pot, but what about the rights of someone who wants to use meth, or start a small army that inlcudes tanks and 50 cals everywhere? Should that be up to them?

Where does this nonsense end? Might as well get over it, its never going to be legal from a government standard, atleast not in our lifetime.
You might be surprised how quick it becomes legal. Your God made the stuff. Who are you to override him?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets just legalize everything, which is the ultimate liberal goal.

Should we just outlaw everything that's bad for you then, by your way of thinking? Weed is a lot safer than alcohol, btw.

None often things you mentioned even compares to marijuana. I wouldn't mind seeing alcohol outlawed and marijuana legalized though, lol.

You must not expect to live much longer. The majority of US states will easily have marijuana legalized within the next 20-30 years. Especially if it's put to a vote.
TheRealVille Wrote:Should we just outlaw everything that's bad for you then, by your way of thinking? Weed is a lot safer than alcohol, btw.

Cheeseburgers? ILLEGAL! Soda? ILLEGAL! Cigarettes? ILLLLEEEEEGAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!
TheRealVille Wrote:Because pot is the easy one to get. It is ONLY a gateway drug in the fact that since it's illegal, and is sold by drug dealers that sell, and push, the harder drugs. There is no addictive quality in pot that causes one to go to harder stuff. The biggest enemies of making pot legal are people like you, that don't have clue what they are talking about. It's not a bad thing that you are clueless about pot, but you shouldn't advise on matters that you don't know about. The war on drugs has caused a 1000x more problems than it's helped, just like alcohol prohibitation did. Do you feel you have a right to tell others whether they can drink, or not? If not, what gives you that right with pot?

This is exactly correct. Don't know why it's so hard for people to understand.
Legalize it, tax the crap out of it. Make Kentucky a weed tourist destinationConfusedmoke:
vundy33 Wrote:Cheeseburgers? ILLEGAL! Soda? ILLEGAL! Cigarettes? ILLLLEEEEEGAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!

Mooooochelle would love that.
Hell, nothing but celery and water!!!
TheRealVille Wrote:You might be surprised how quick it becomes legal. Your God made the stuff. Who are you to override him?

We'll meet again when it comes legal.
Although its hard to find internet 6 feet under.
TheRealVille Wrote:Should we just outlaw everything that's bad for you then, by your way of thinking? Weed is a lot safer than alcohol, btw.

Yes, why not? Im fine with banning alcohol, wouldnt bother me a bit.
The world would get a lot more done.
Pages: 1 2 3