Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds Read more here: http://www
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wouldn't mind an alcohol ban that much, lol. I like my bourbons and favorite beer, but I've seen what it does to people & families first hand, so it's kind of turned me off from it.
^
Everything in moderation my friend.
Seems pot is harmless unless your running a crane....
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/us/philade...?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- Marijuana and pain medication were found in the blood of the crane operator at the site of a deadly building collapse, a source at Philadelphia's City Hall with direct knowledge of the investigation told CNN on Friday.

Six people died and another 13 were injured when a four-story wall of a vacant building being demolished collapsed onto a Salvation Army thrift store in Philadelphia on Wednesday.
Mayor Michael Nutter publicly apologized earlier Friday "to the victims and their families" and "to the survivors and their families" for the collapse.The mayor pushed a new set of demolition standards and controls, promising he'll pursue whatever action is needed "in order to better ensure our collective public safety."

He also promised answers.

"I commit to you that we will make every effort ... to find out what went wrong," Nutter said.

Witnesses described an ominous rumble before the building came down, spurring panic on the streets.

"You felt it shake," Jordan McLaughlin told CNN affiliate KYW. "There (were) people that actually fell over. People started screaming, they ran across the street. There was people inside the building, you heard them scream."

Searchers climbed over shards of wood, concrete and rebar looking for survivors, like the 61-year-old woman pulled alive from the rubble early Thursday. This search was called off late Thursday afternoon, by which time prosecutors and city officials had toured the scene.

Im sure the first response will undoubtedly be that the pain pills were responsible for the full blame, but its still a valid point.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Seems pot is harmless unless your running a crane....
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/us/philade...?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- Marijuana and pain medication were found in the blood of the crane operator at the site of a deadly building collapse, a source at Philadelphia's City Hall with direct knowledge of the investigation told CNN on Friday.

Six people died and another 13 were injured when a four-story wall of a vacant building being demolished collapsed onto a Salvation Army thrift store in Philadelphia on Wednesday.
Mayor Michael Nutter publicly apologized earlier Friday "to the victims and their families" and "to the survivors and their families" for the collapse.The mayor pushed a new set of demolition standards and controls, promising he'll pursue whatever action is needed "in order to better ensure our collective public safety."

He also promised answers.

"I commit to you that we will make every effort ... to find out what went wrong," Nutter said.

Witnesses described an ominous rumble before the building came down, spurring panic on the streets.

"You felt it shake," Jordan McLaughlin told CNN affiliate KYW. "There (were) people that actually fell over. People started screaming, they ran across the street. There was people inside the building, you heard them scream."

Searchers climbed over shards of wood, concrete and rebar looking for survivors, like the 61-year-old woman pulled alive from the rubble early Thursday. This search was called off late Thursday afternoon, by which time prosecutors and city officials had toured the scene.

Im sure the first response will undoubtedly be that the pain pills were responsible for the full blame, but its still a valid point.
Just like you aren't supposed to drink on the job, or while driving a car. How many people do drunk drivers and drunk workers kill a year? How many people die from second hand smoke by having to breathe the smoke of others while out and about? Do you smoke cigarettes?
^ You do realize that he could have smoked a joint the week before this accident and it would have still been in system, yet not high at the time of the accident, right?
TheRealVille Wrote:^ You do realize that he could have smoked a joint the week before this accident and it would have still been in system, yet not high at the time of the accident, right?

You do realize he could have been baked at the time of the accident, right?
^ Yes, he could have. They should have done a mouth swab, then we would know if he was high.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:You do realize he could have been baked at the time of the accident, right?

LOL, you gettin dizzy yet Skinny?
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Yes, he could have. They should have done a mouth swab, then we would know if he was high.
Are you sure that you have your facts straight? (They do not match what I have read on the subject.)
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, you gettin dizzy yet Skinny?
You mean using republican spin against him?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Are you sure that you have your facts straight? (They do not match what I have read on the subject.)
I haven't read the article. I just know that pot shows up in your system for about 30 days, or a little more for urine. He could have tested positive, and been completely straight, as far as pot goes. Pot is the subject of this thread. I can smoke a joint today, wreck a car 10 days from now, and if tested, I will show pot in my system, although have no high effects from the pot at wreck time. If you are talking about the swab, it will show in your system for about 24 hours. He might not have been able to be shown high, but they would have known if he had smoked that day(24 hours, for the time sticklers).

Marijuana and hash: 12-24 hours
Cocaine: 1 day
Opiates: Up to 2-3 days
Meth and ecstasy: Up to 2 to 4 days.
Alcohol: 6-12 hours
TheRealVille Wrote:I haven't read the article. I just know that pot shows up in your system for about 30 days, or a little more. He could have tested positive, and been completely straight, as far as pot goes. Pot is the subject of this thread. I can smoke a joint today, wreck a car 10 days from now, and if tested, I will show pot in my system, although have no high effects from the pot at wreck time. If you are talking about the swab, it will show in your system for about 24 hours.

The swab is less accurate than a blood test and is given in the field because the results are known within 10 minutes. If this guy had smoked a single joint, then it would not have been detectable 10 days later. If he was a regular user and smoked his last joint a week earlier, then the blood test would probably detect THC. The oral swab is less sensitive than a blood or urine test, so you are right that the operator might not have tested positively if he had not smoked a joint for a couple of days.

If the operator is shown to have had a significant amount of either THC or pain killer (especially if he has no prescription for it) in his blood at the time of the accident, then he should never enjoy another day of freedom.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The swab is less accurate than a blood test and is given in the field because the results are known within 10 minutes. If this guy had smoked a single joint, then it would not have been detectable 10 days later. If he was a regular user and smoked his last joint a week earlier, then the blood test would probably detect THC. The oral swab is less sensitive than a blood or urine test, so you are right that the operator might not have tested positively if he had not smoked a joint for a couple of days.

If the operator is shown to have had a significant amount of either THC or pain killer (especially if he has no prescription for it) in his blood at the time of the accident, then he should never enjoy another day of freedom.
All correct, and I agree. Years ago, I passed a pee test 9 days after smoking a joint. More recently(although not very), I passed a pee test 5 days after smoking a joint, but I went on a low fat(what THC clings to) diet, and ran four miles a day, and passed a pee test. If there is one subject I know, and really don't need to look up, it's pot. It's a miracle drug. If it was legal, there would be a lot less problems in the world today.
For the most accurate, "that day" use test, a blood test would have been best. For somebody that smokes regular, a blood test would have picked it up for about 8 hours. For somebody that smokes less often, it would go for about 4 hours, although a saliva test will show that day results also. Which, is why I'm all for blood tests. It picks it up for mostly just persons that are high at a given time, and clears people like me, that don't drive high, or work high.
TheRealVille Wrote:I haven't read the article. I just know that pot shows up in your system for about 30 days, or a little more for urine. He could have tested positive, and been completely straight, as far as pot goes. Pot is the subject of this thread. I can smoke a joint today, wreck a car 10 days from now, and if tested, I will show pot in my system, although have no high effects from the pot at wreck time. If you are talking about the swab, it will show in your system for about 24 hours. He might not have been able to be shown high, but they would have known if he had smoked that day(24 hours, for the time sticklers).

So if we dont have anyway to prove if he was baked or not at the time of the accident, isnt it better to keep those form doing it?
I say if you test positive for it period, then you go to jail. No question.
If the libs are that worried about, then they need to come up with a test that can detect it like a breathalizer does alcohol.
TheRealVille Wrote:Just like you aren't supposed to drink on the job, or while driving a car. How many people do drunk drivers and drunk workers kill a year? How many people die from second hand smoke by having to breathe the smoke of others while out and about? Do you smoke cigarettes?

But thats not what were talking about. Were talking about a dude smoking pot and killing people with a crane.

No, cigarettes need to go worse than anything.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:But thats not what were talking about. Were talking about a dude smoking pot and killing people with a crane.

No, cigarettes need to go worse than anything.
I know, but was he high when the accident happened? A urine test goes back at least 30 days. By that, he might not be high at the accident time, yet you pass "high" judgement from it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So if we dont have anyway to prove if he was baked or not at the time of the accident, isnt it better to keep those form doing it?
I say if you test positive for it period, then you go to jail. No question.
If the libs are that worried about, then they need to come up with a test that can detect it like a breathalizer does alcohol.
They do, a saliva, or blood test. A saliva test goes back about 24 hours, a blood test goes between 2-7 days. I prefer saliva for "on the spot" test, but blood is better than urine. I can tell you the truth, I can smoke a joint tonight(8pm) and tomorrow at 7 am I am not having any pot effects. That's fact. We can't say that with alcohol. If I take two tokes of good pot right now, I will be completely straight in 8 hours. That's fact. If they did a blood test and found THC, he could have been completely straight at the time of the accident.
Gotta love those "self righteous christians", especially the ones that don't have a clue.
TheRealVille Wrote:They do, a saliva, or blood test. A saliva test goes back about 24 hours, a blood test goes between 2-7 days. I prefer saliva for "on the spot" test, but blood is better than urine. I can tell you the truth, I can smoke a joint tonight(8pm) and tomorrow at 7 am I am not having any pot effects. That's fact. We can't say that with alcohol. If I take two tokes of good pot right now, I will be completely straight in 8 hours. That's fact. If they did a blood test and found THC, he could have been completely straight at the time of the accident.

After looking at his reported criminal record, I think its obvious that pot falls in with some much worser crimes.....
Google it.
TheRealVille Wrote:Gotta love those "self righteous christians", especially the ones that don't have a clue.

Nobody is being self righteous.
Not once have i brought up religion on anything in this thread, and rarely do i ever.

You have an opinion and i have mine.
The difference is when all else fails, the typical liberal response is a remark just like the one you made.
Wow, I hadn't even heard of that crane accident. Been so busy. Hate that for those 6 people...

Hopefully for the man's sake, he's found to have been in good shape at the time...if he wasn't, hope they find so and he gets the punishment for it. If it one of those two were the reason, pot or opiates, I'd bet on the painkillers though. Kind of weird to smoke on the job, lol...tends to give you the opposite feelings you're looking for to work.
Don't want to judge a book by it's cover, but hard not to when ya look at this photo, lol...

http://bigstory.ap.org/photo/building-collapse-50
TheRealVille Wrote:^ You do realize that he could have smoked a joint the week before this accident and it would have still been in system, yet not high at the time of the accident, right?

no he could not
TheRealVille Wrote:Gotta love those "self righteous christians", especially the ones that don't have a clue.

amen
Quote:Vermont Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession

Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin (D) signed into law Thursday a bill decriminalizing the possession of small amounts o marijuana. That makes Vermont the 17th state to decriminalize, including all o its neighboring New England states except New Hampshire.

Introduced by Rep. Christopher Pearson (P-Burlington) and passed with tripartisan support, House Bill 200 removes criminal penalties for possession of up to one ounce of marijuana and replaces them with a civil fine, similar to a traffic ticket. People under 21 will be required to undergo substance abuse screening. Under current state law, possession of up to two ounces of marijuana is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail for a first offense and up to two years in jail for a subsequent offense.
"This change just makes common sense," Shumlin said as he signed the bill. "Our limited resources should be focused on reducing abuse and addiction of opiates like heroin and meth rather than cracking down on people for having very small amounts of marijuana."

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2013..._marijuana
TheRealVille Wrote:All correct, and I agree. Years ago, I passed a pee test 9 days after smoking a joint. More recently(although not very), I passed a pee test 5 days after smoking a joint, but I went on a low fat(what THC clings to) diet, and ran four miles a day, and passed a pee test. If there is one subject I know, and really don't need to look up, it's pot. It's a miracle drug. If it was legal, there would be a lot less problems in the world today.
Whoever first called marijuana "dope," hit the nail on the head. I favor legalizing all drugs for adult use but not because I think that they are in anyway beneficial to the users. Government's role in our daily lives should be minimal wherever possible and adults should be capable of determining what is safe to consume, breathe, or inject into their own bodies.

That being said, I think people who use dope are morons and legalizing its use will just make it easier to round them up and pick them out of lineups. Most drug users eventually prove that they are incapable of using drugs and abiding by laws that the rest of us obey, and at that point they can be incarcerated for a very long time. Employers should also be free to deny jobs to drug users, whether use of the drug is legal or not.

Miracle drug? :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Whoever first called marijuana "dope," hit the nail on the head. I favor legalizing all drugs for adult use but not because I think that they are in anyway beneficial to the users. Government's role in our daily lives should be minimal wherever possible and adults should be capable of determining what is safe to consume, breathe, or inject into their own bodies.

That being said, I think people who use dope are morons and legalizing its use will just make it easier to round them up and pick them out of lineups. Most drug users eventually prove that they are incapable of using drugs and abiding by laws that the rest of us obey, and at that point they can be incarcerated for a very long time. Employers should also be free to deny jobs to drug users, whether use of the drug is legal or not.

Miracle drug? :biglmao:
Take that up with your God, he made it.
TheRealVille Wrote:Take that up with your God, he made it.

Made turds too, gonna smoke them?
TheRealVille Wrote:Take that up with your God, he made it.
He made cyanide too but he does not expect people to ingest or snort it. Drugs just magnify character flaws and make it harder for people to cope with reality.
Pages: 1 2 3