Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheres Perry Centrals New Football Stadium?????
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have to understand that you have to bow to the almighty Harlan County.

With every rise eventually comes a fall :biggrin:

RIUTG, you are relatively new to the board. You have missed the years when ole Zaga tormented Harlan County fans relentlessly. ( :notworthy )HC fans have a love/hate relationship with poor Zaga. Its been a slow and steady rise to get where we are. We've been playing on a 40+ year old field and our kids literally practiced in sewage, so pardon our excitement. I think all of us in HC would be tickled to death to see PCC get a new field. It's just good for the mountains.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have to understand that you have to bow to the almighty Harlan County.

Yeah, but even you're not making the same mistake as this time last year when the district was "up for grabs" and Harlan County "wasn't going to be as good as last year," or something pretty close to that.
Mama Bear Wrote:RIUTG, you are relatively new to the board. You have missed the years when ole Zaga tormented Harlan County fans relentlessly. ( :notworthy )HC fans have a love/hate relationship with poor Zaga. Its been a slow and steady rise to get where we are. We've been playing on a 40+ year old field and our kids literally practiced in sewage, so pardon our excitement. I think all of us in HC would be tickled to death to see PCC get a new field. It's just good for the mountains.

I missed the love part. When did that happen.
HDE Wrote:Yeah, but even you're not making the same mistake as this time last year when the district was "up for grabs" and Harlan County "wasn't going to be as good as last year," or something pretty close to that.

HC has got it this year.
2014 will be a different story.
Mama Bear Wrote:RIUTG, you are relatively new to the board. You have missed the years when ole Zaga tormented Harlan County fans relentlessly. ( :notworthy )HC fans have a love/hate relationship with poor Zaga. Its been a slow and steady rise to get where we are. We've been playing on a 40+ year old field and our kids literally practiced in sewage, so pardon our excitement. I think all of us in HC would be tickled to death to see PCC get a new field. It's just good for the mountains.

Oh, ive been around. Ive seen it on several occasions, i just usually never posted for the simple fact its hard to get a point across when its 200 vs. 1.

And yes, i agree PCC needs a new field. I believe they call it airport gardens because plains take off there and cause all the pot holes on the field.
HAT51 Wrote:What all is the old field used for besides Friday games? Is it used for practice and other games on the lower level?

Soccer, JV, Middle School, Grade School, Flag...
you name it...
that's what it's used for.

They're not going to know what to do when they lose.

Funny that they're talking about the old field that they played on...
it's like they've forgotten that mudhole that the commodores play in every week lol
At the very least, the drains on the old field need to be cleaned, that's what is causing the most problems for that field right now. The drain system is almost completely stopped up.
zaga_fan Wrote:Soccer, JV, Middle School, Grade School, Flag...
you name it...
that's what it's used for.

No wonder it is the worse field in the mountains.

Better being bowed to than laughed at.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:HC has got it this year.
2014 will be a different story.

You said that about 2012, too.
Like I said last year, Harlan County's current juniors (sophomores at that point) were the best they've had. They may have the five best players in the district in Whitehead, Long, Wilson, Chitwood and Bailey.
The sophomore class is strong too (Massey, Caldwell, Daniels, Lewis, Helton etc.) and won the JV league title last year, but 2013 should be their best team. The freshman class had quite a few injuries and wasn't as strong.
The odds are better someone will beat them in 2014, but 2015 is the best shot.
HDE Wrote:You said that about 2012, too.
Like I said last year, Harlan County's current juniors (sophomores at that point) were the best they've had. They may have the five best players in the district in Whitehead, Long, Wilson, Chitwood and Bailey.
The sophomore class is strong too (Massey, Caldwell, Daniels, Lewis, Helton etc.) and won the JV league title last year, but 2013 should be their best team. The freshman class had quite a few injuries and wasn't as strong.
The odds are better someone will beat them in 2014, but 2015 is the best shot.

I said that about 2012 because Whitley had a legitimate shot. Its not like they were that far off. It was still a district runner up year.
Whitley will play HC better in 2013 than they did in 2012, but ill still give the edge to HC.

In 2014, Whitley will be loaded. Whitley sophomore and junior classes are stronger IMO. Thats all Whitley has. There havent been many senior the past couple of years. Mills will also be by far the best player in the district his junior and senior years, Maybe even next year. Woods is will be a soph and most likely the starting QB, and Ysidro will only be a junior this year.
This team is very deep in there sophomore and junior classes.
I had Whitley as the runner-up last year, and probably in 2013 too.
I think it was 40-13, so there was a pretty good gap between first and second.
You're saying Whitley's current juniors are better than Harlan County's, or the current sophomores and freshmen?

Whitehead was probably the best player in the district in 2012. He'll be No. 1 in 2013 and probably first team all state at linebacker.
Long and Wilson are exceptional athletes and are also probable all staters. Long made it last year.
HDE Wrote:I had Whitley as the runner-up last year, and probably in 2013 too.
I think it was 40-13, so there was a pretty good gap between first and second.
You're saying Whitley's current juniors are better than Harlan County's, or the current sophomores and freshmen?

Whitehead was probably the best player in the district in 2012. He'll be No. 1 in 2013 and probably first team all state at linebacker.
Long and Wilson are exceptional athletes and are also probable all staters. Long made it last year.

I agreed with you all of last year, even admitted that Whitley wasnt as successful against HC as I said they would be. But that game was at HC and im not kidding when i say it was Whitleys worst performance of the year. HC's offensive and defensive lines man handled Whitley last year. I dont think it will be as bad this year. I was working in Harlan County that night. I got done about 7 PM and went over to the field covered in mud and it was cold as heck, so after i seen the first two possesions, i knew it was over. Bad starts can kill you in a game, and thats what happened that night.

Whitehead is a great player. Im not knocking on Whitehead at all, Mills is just one of those players that come around once every six or seven years. Hes one of the fastest freshmen ive ever seen, maybe ever. With a little growth and weight room time, this kid could potentially break every rushing record at Whitley.
Whithead will earn player of the year honors in 2014, IMHO, because he is a senior, and will be the best senior. Mills is a year behind him, and Juniors hardly ever win POY honors, unless they have ridicolous seasons, which hes capable of.
I watched Harlan County play several times last year. Carson Whitehead is the best player on the field. Mills may be a freak of nature but Carson is the best football player out there. I dont think he gets used nowhere near enough on offense. The kid kills people when he runs it and he has real good speed to.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agreed with you all of last year, even admitted that Whitley wasnt as successful against HC as I said they would be. But that game was at HC and im not kidding when i say it was Whitleys worst performance of the year. HC's offensive and defensive lines man handled Whitley last year. I dont think it will be as bad this year. I was working in Harlan County that night. I got done about 7 PM and went over to the field covered in mud and it was cold as heck, so after i seen the first two possesions, i knew it was over. Bad starts can kill you in a game, and thats what happened that night.

Whitehead is a great player. Im not knocking on Whitehead at all, Mills is just one of those players that come around once every six or seven years. Hes one of the fastest freshmen ive ever seen, maybe ever. With a little growth and weight room time, this kid could potentially break every rushing record at Whitley.
Whithead will earn player of the year honors in 2014, IMHO, because he is a senior, and will be the best senior. Mills is a year behind him, and Juniors hardly ever win POY honors, unless they have ridicolous seasons, which hes capable of.

When you are a running team and you get 32 yards, that is not an off night. That is being stopped, and Carson Whitehead was one of the main reasons that happened.