Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wheres Perry Centrals New Football Stadium?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Drove by there yesterday evening and didnt see a place where it looked like a new football stadium would be built. I did see another Gymnasium being built though for our wonderful basketball program that wins the state championship every year. At least some Perry Countians like to think we are a state power in basketball. Well I dont know any company thats going to throw together a turf football field and stadium in 3 or 4 months. Looks like another year of playing football on an Elementary School football field. Football being thrown to the side as always. Wished we just had Dilce Combs and Napier still.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Drove by there yesterday evening and didnt see a place where it looked like a new football stadium would be built. I did see another Gymnasium being built though for our wonderful basketball program that wins the state championship every year. At least some Perry Countians like to think we are a state power in basketball. Well I dont know any company thats going to throw together a turf football field and stadium in 3 or 4 months. Looks like another year of playing football on an Elementary School football field. Football being thrown to the side as always. Wished we just had Dilce Combs and Napier still.

I agree 100% The school board actually needs to support the damn football team for once, we've used the same damn field for 50+ years and built 4-5 gyms in the same time period, I guess we see where the priorities are. I guess people in Perry county apparently do have some sort of delusion that we're a powerhouse in basketball. I was going to drive over by there and look but it sounds like you saved me a trip.
The asst Principal at Dennis Wooton told me they had already started on it - but I've not laid eyes on it either
Where in the world is it then? They may of placed a brick or something on it where it is supposed to be built. Should already be halfway completed. Should of hired someone else besides Miller Construction to do it. I know Millers is doing the new school which is fine but with all that space out there, both could been worked on at the same time. Lets get us another gym built so the cheerleaders will have another place to practice.
^ I don't know about now, but around a month ago Perry County School System were still looking for money for the new football field!

They better get on it, like now...
Especially since they already had a big celebration for the last game at the old field.

It's going to look really stupid going back to APG to play after that shindig.
If they havent already began building the new field, it will be nearly impossible to finish it in time.
They might as well lay down some sod, stripe it and put some chairs up beside it.

but I know as soon as they do that they will consider that the field and call it quits
zaga_fan Wrote:Especially since they already had a big celebration for the last game at the old field.

It's going to look really stupid going back to APG to play after that shindig.
I remember that game. Smile
zaga_fan Wrote:They might as well lay down some sod, stripe it and put some chairs up beside it.

but I know as soon as they do that they will consider that the field and call it quits

That's what they are hoping for I think. It's absolutely pathetic and makes me mad as hell for the kids and the coaches, they deserve a new field.
Mama Bear Wrote:I remember that game. Smile

I remember every time we've ever played basketball as well.

[spoken like a true Perry County fan]
Theres only one sport in Perry County and its basketball. Should of just kept open Dilce and Napier. Napier would of had a better chance at winning in 3A. All Napier ever really was lacking was coaching and facilities. If kids from Vicco way wanted to play football, they could of went to Napier. Perry Central has been a waste so far. Both Dilce and Napier would of continued being good at basketball regardless.

But as far as the new field goes, I seriously doubt they will have it built on time. May be done around week 10 of the season next year. I guess thats better than nothing though. I bet East Perrys Gym will be really nice.
I heard it will be built with the consolidated middle school. Is this true?
They should put it at the new school they are building on rt 80 as you're coming into hazard it looks like they have a ton of room there.
Its not a consolidated Middle School. Dennis Wooton Elementary which is K-6 is pretty much all the school is going to be. They are however making the new school K-8. This pretty much means AB Combs will lose 100 or more kids and some of the other surrounding schools will lose some students also.

And Paintsville Tiger Fan, that is where they are building the field up on 80 beside new school.
zaga_fan Wrote:I remember every time we've ever played basketball as well.

[spoken like a true Perry County fan]

Bolded is true. Perry Central and UK have a lot in common, only difference is it looks the administration at UK is actually beginning to give a shit about their football program.
Jut dont do it like Harlan County and get one regular season game in on it Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Jut dont do it like Harlan County and get one regular season game in on it Confusednicker:
Unless you plan on following it up with 4 home playoff games.
I love Harlans field. AWESOME
Yogibear Wrote:Unless you plan on following it up with 4 home playoff games.

No guarantees.
If PCC wants to keep an up and coming young coach like Haddix, they need to start putting more money and attention in the football program. I have always thought PCC has the potential to be a powerhouse in football, but the administration has always poured all of their funding and attention into basketball. There is no excuse for PCC to have excellent facilities for basketball and baseball, and still allow their football team to play on a middle school field. Good luck to Haddix and the Dores this season.
It took a long time to pack the dirt down for the field. Locker rooms and concession stand is almost finished.
The new football field is behind the new grade school right next to the "pyramid" mountain. They started on it months ago and everything should be done before school starts at least that's what the superintendent of the job said.
I think its in Inez. Along.with there other great treasures.
The way Harlan County did it was open up the new field with the king of the mountains coming in, a team that will be their biggest rival until football ends. 6 thousand screaming idiots in the stands and a win for the ages. Then come back and play 4 home playoff games. This district is owned by HC the past 3 years soon to be 4 so I do not recommend PCC not to do it like HC cause the playoffs will be on the road again for you.
Noodler Wrote:It took a long time to pack the dirt down for the field. Locker rooms and concession stand is almost finished.

The football team isn't using that locker room and will be bussing every day from the old field house the last I heard. It's a shame they won't build Coach Haddix the field house he needs up there, he's a great young coach and needs more support.

Wildcatk23 Wrote:I think its in Inez. Along.with there other great treasures.

I had to laugh at this. :Thumbs:
You should be doing better than Perry Central. Perry is a basketball school first. You guys had a lot more tradition at Cumberland, Evarts, Cawood than MC Napier ever did. Harlan County should be better. More money is put into the program there to. How many PAID coaches do you have at Harlan County and how many PAID Middle School and Elemetary School Coaches do you have? Just curious and yes you guys are really good. Not taking at shot at Black Bear Nation. Just curious as to how it compares to Perry County.
bigguy989 Wrote:The way Harlan County did it was open up the new field with the king of the mountains coming in, a team that will be their biggest rival until football ends. 6 thousand screaming idiots in the stands and a win for the ages. Then come back and play 4 home playoff games. This district is owned by HC the past 3 years soon to be 4 so I do not recommend PCC not to do it like HC cause the playoffs will be on the road again for you.

I've read that 10 times and it still doesn't make sense.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If PCC wants to keep an up and coming young coach like Haddix, they need to start putting more money and attention in the football program. I have always thought PCC has the potential to be a powerhouse in football, but the administration has always poured all of their funding and attention into basketball. There is no excuse for PCC to have excellent facilities for basketball and baseball, and still allow their football team to play on a middle school field. Good luck to Haddix and the Dores this season.

What all is the old field used for besides Friday games? Is it used for practice and other games on the lower level?
zaga_fan Wrote:I've read that 10 times and it still doesn't make sense.

You have to understand that you have to bow to the almighty Harlan County.

With every rise eventually comes a fall :biggrin:
Pages: 1 2