Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge?
Updates?
Coaches Quenton Morgan and Eric Ratliff have been hired as assist. coaches. Coach Morgan was an all-state QB at Leslie Co. and he played college baseball for Morehead. Eric Ratliff was the H.C. at Jenkins. East Ridge has about 40 or 41 players out for practice, only 5 Seniors. Things are turning around, but lots of work left to do.
:Thumbs: 64sur pulling for you guys go east ridge :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Eric Ratliff is a very knowledgeable coach. Hope he helps get things turned around at East Ridge in a hurry!!
yea yea yea ...when your given 5 or 6 years to coach a team and they never win more then 4 games a season...how do you not blame the coach (ALLEN)..The coach is the leader the guy they look to have that IT factor...ALLEN DOES NOT have that IT factor! How can a team win when they are in the locker room thinking were going to loose before the game even starts??? 5 years has been to long for the program not to be better and more of a turn around on kids going to college...Stats don't lie and neither do facts....lets bring in a coach that played QB in high school which probably wasn't taught proper so he will coach unproper then bring in a old HC that was run off before with a loosing record as well ...yup things are turning around aren't they...smh get the coach out now while you still can ...start fresh...you my man need to take the blame for your nonsense not them kids..How long can you call it a rebuilding year ...shewwww what rubbish
I am watching a East Ridge game now and wanted to say, that I think their starting QB, would make a pretty good running back. Not knocking is ability to play QB, I just think he might be a better RB then he is a QB.

I really like the way eight catches the ball and runs with it after the catch.

I really enjoy the way Fields runs the ball.
They got some good asst. coaches, they got an experienced coach, and now there out of district. They will get better. Hopefully in a couple of years they can drop down in class and play some different competition.

East Ridge was in a no win district. Each team has tradition, give them time, they will be fine. They got some good athletes coming back.
The coaching situation I am not sure about...I do agree that the coaching staff has a lot to do with how the kids are prepared for the game mentally and physically, and it seems like the current HC may have a issue on getting through to the kids...Not sure if it his style, attitude or what...But I hope things are changing there for the kids sake...If it is a new HC or just a new staff, I want to see them kids win and have a smile on their faces.

As far as players, last years qb has been running as wing a lot, and #8 is qb'ing, and fields did return as a wing..So I am hoping to see the team win at least 6 games this year...Schedule

Allen Central
Hurley
Shelby Valley
Tug Valley
Grundy
Phelps
Jackson
Jenkins? (not sure)
Riverview? (not sure)
South Floyd

I believe this is pretty close...
Has #8 played QB before?
Who will replace him as the (I am guessing) the best receiver on the team?
East Ridge's coaching staff has made an incredible transformation. Allen for the first time in his tenure as the Warrior headman has finally some help. Along with Allen, he brings back long time assistant Terry Morgan and Harold Wallace. Bring back Eric Ratliff and the two new assistants, Keith May and Quenton Morgan, and you have a knowledgeable staff. As for the Schedule, East Ridge has the potential to run the table with the talent they have and the teams they will play.

East Ridge will have their annual Teco Coal Bowl and scrimmage Knott County.

Allen Central
Hurley, VA (Pike County Bowl)
@ Shelby Valley
Twin Valley, VA
Phelps
@ Fairview
Tug Valley, Wva (Location TBA)
OPEN
Grundy, VA
@ Jackson County
South Floyd

Looks like the Warriors should have a pretty great season.
football rebel you are a dad whose son doesn't get to play or one that thinks he is NFL material that is being held back. My guess is you never played a snap of football in your life.
footballrebel Wrote:yea yea yea ...when your given 5 or 6 years to coach a team and they never win more then 4 games a season...how do you not blame the coach (ALLEN)..The coach is the leader the guy they look to have that IT factor...ALLEN DOES NOT have that IT factor! How can a team win when they are in the locker room thinking were going to loose before the game even starts??? 5 years has been to long for the program not to be better and more of a turn around on kids going to college...Stats don't lie and neither do facts....lets bring in a coach that played QB in high school which probably wasn't taught proper so he will coach unproper then bring in a old HC that was run off before with a loosing record as well ...yup things are turning around aren't they...smh get the coach out now while you still can ...start fresh...you my man need to take the blame for your nonsense not them kids..How long can you call it a rebuilding year ...shewwww what rubbish

You make some great points. Blame the coach. Very original!! Got going to pretend I know the whole situation but at least they are trying to get things corrected at East Ridge. If going out of district is what it takes to get them competitive and build some excitement around the program then so be it!! Or they could take the easy route and just blame the coaches. I applaud the leadership at East Ridge for doing what they see fit it turn that program around.
Thanks Badman for that schedule update...I was trying to remember off the cuff, and I can see that I missed 1 or 2...LOL...

I like the team dropping from District, the kids need to taste a little winning, and build some confidence, take 2 years off and then re-enter 2a.

Also winning some games would help the coaching staff too...They need a confidence boost themselves.
Rebel you are really mad at coach for moving your son to the line aren't you? You are the main reason why programs can't build. Ignorant parents that think their kid can play will always know the answers. At least hide your identity on here! Lets see... Your a new member, you started the driller rumor, and now you post a thread about the job freeze ending in pike co!! Leave the coaching staff alone or leave our school dad!
East Ridge High School football interview

LICK CREEK, Ky (WYMT) - High school football interviews are in full force for the Sports Department, our focus is now on East Ridge High School.

The East Ridge Warriors are coming off a 1-9 season and this year is the first year they're playing independent.

Head Coach Bradley Allen hopes that from dropping out of district play they will have a chance to rebuild the foundation of their football program.

"Since we've dropped out of district play and have our own independent schedule now our student athletes have come out excited. We have a new life out there with our football program a lot of younger kids have come out interested in playing. This is just a big step for us to get our football program off the ground, to get it in the right direction." Said Coach Allen.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...90181.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
"You must first build an engine before you put your car in the race"
I just hope that everyone gets behind the kids and encourage them to play hard and keep a positive attitude. Negative comments do nothing to make them better and people should focus on the boys.
Is the Keith May on staff the one that was at Belfry/Pike Central?
No, Keith May is a former East Ridge player that played for Pikeville College until a knee injury cut his career short. He is currently finishing his degree in education and is wanting to teach and coach. He is a very bright young man that has a great future in coaching.
East Ridge Football 2013
Aug 23, 13 Allen Central home 7:30 PM
Aug 31, 13 Hurley, VA at Pikeville 6:00 PM Community Trust Pike County Bowl
Sep 6, 13 Shelby Valley away 7:30 PM
Sep 13, 13 Twin Valley, VA home 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 13 Phelps home 7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13 Fairview away 7:30 PM Mingua Beef Jerky Bowl
Oct 4, 13 TBA away 7:30 PM
Oct 18, 13 Grundy, VA home 7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13 Jackson County away 7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13 South Floyd home 7:30 PM

They have hired Eric Ratliff as an assistant. He was at Jenkins. He was the coach when east Ridge opened and he did a great job and he is a good coach. Maybe in a few years we can be runner-up in the state three years in a row.
Does anyone know if East ridge has a scrimmage and when??
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: East Ridge Warriors

LICK CREEK, Ky (WYMT) - The East Ridge Warriors are coming off a 1-9 season in class 3A District 8, but this season they dropped out of district play, and are now independent.

"Since we've dropped out of district play and have our own independent schedule now, our student athletes have came out excited. You know we have a new life out there with our football program, a lot of younger kids are coming out interested in playing. This is just a big step for us to get our football program off the ground to get it in the right direction," Said Coach Allen.

Senior Left Tackle Jordan Standifur agreed with his coach, "It can make us skyrocket. It can get our confidence up it can get our players ready to go. It opens the chance for us to win some games and that we can all do it and believe in ourselves."

The warriors only lost two starters from last season, with a year of experience they are raising their expectations for the season.

"Entering the season we expect to step and be leaders up all of our seniors are we're having a lot of returning players, we didn't lose much last year so we got most of the starters back," said Senior Quarterback Jacob Skeens.

Senior linemen Derek Bailey and Markus Freeman both agree saying they want to leave behind a great mark on this team.

"As a team that wins games classy, a team that works hard tries hard, goes for the most and lines up and plays football," said Bailey.

"I want to have a winning record. Train younger men to take our spot after we leave so the program continues to grow," said Freeman.

Coach Allen says his team is working hard in practice and can't wait for week zero.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...22141.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Real Badman Wrote:East Ridge's coaching staff has made an incredible transformation. Allen for the first time in his tenure as the Warrior headman has finally some help. Along with Allen, he brings back long time assistant Terry Morgan and Harold Wallace. Bring back Eric Ratliff and the two new assistants, Keith May and Quenton Morgan, and you have a knowledgeable staff. As for the Schedule, East Ridge has the potential to run the table with the talent they have and the teams they will play.

East Ridge will have their annual Teco Coal Bowl and scrimmage Knott County.

Allen Central
Hurley, VA (Pike County Bowl)
@ Shelby Valley
Twin Valley, VA
Phelps
@ Fairview
Tug Valley, Wva (Location TBA)
OPEN
Grundy, VA
@ Jackson County
South Floyd

Looks like the Warriors should have a pretty great season.

The Fairview game will be tough . Fairview out of 22 starting positions will be returning about 15 from a 14-1 state runner up season , & they are packed with talent. Sounds like you guys may be turning the corner . Wish you guys the best this season .
I'd much rather take on one solid Fairview team, compared to an entire district where the best record you could hope to have is 5-5 or 6-4. Other than that, the only real threats should be Hurley, who is supposed to be real good (compared to their 1A Virginia standards), Grundy and Valley. At worst I can see a 7-3 record which would be the record at East Ridge. Got to start somewhere.
Real Badman Wrote:I'd much rather take on one solid Fairview team, compared to an entire district where the best record you could hope to have is 5-5 or 6-4. Other than that, the only real threats should be Hurley, who is supposed to be real good (compared to their 1A Virginia standards), Grundy and Valley. At worst I can see a 7-3 record which would be the record at East Ridge. Got to start somewhere.

Yes sir i agree ya got to start somewhere , & it sounds like you all have got it in the right direction . Myself being a Fairview fan know what its like being where East Ridge is at , & for that reason i'm pulling for you guys to turn that corner to success ! Best of luck in 2013 , & beyond !