Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2013
Emmit Brown Wrote:Just how you thought BMR was the savior of all Paintsville athletics including their football program, right? Confusednicker:

Sorry to disappoint you Emmit, research the posts better. Never said he was a savior or even alluded to that fact. All I said he would do was bring discipline and the will to win that's all. When you take a step back and look at the big picture maybe you will be able to see it. Maybe. Best to the Golden Eagles this year.
Lest address the JJ from Martin County. James & Tammy lived in Martin County and JJ went to school there through the 5th grade, at which time he and his family moved to Johnson County. If my math is correct he went to school in Martin County for 6 years and in Johnson 8 years. Second, below is the Football Roster for Eastern KY Football, you can clearly see how JJ listed his home.
J.J. Jude
RB 5-9 181 Rf. Hagerhill, Ky. / Johnson Central HS

Again to assist you in your lack of knowledge, Matt was offer the coaching job late due to Coach Reeves leaving unexpectedly and Matt previous working with Coach Matney? Where else would Matt look for a job Egypt? The question which needs to be asked why is why was Matt not on the SC staff. I guess you found better coach form Pike Central. Who I believe brought 2 players with him, but that O.K.
You again play the victim role with making excuses about why SC has a 5-17 record the past 2 years. Kids leave every school system for many different reasons. The Rice kid came from JC to SC when his father took the basketball. Why is this not the same? Based on your view of the world would that not be recruiting by SC? Know he has transferred back to JC because his father took the girls coaching position. I guess we recruited him back.
Not sure how you get that I have called the kid a liar by stating he seems to want to come to JC at this time. I am sure if you would have asked him when he was 5 (just having some fun) where he wanted to go he would have said SC. Kids and parents have the right to change their minds. If the youth and his parents change their mind again and he returns to SC would that be recruiting by SC?
If you want to “clear up some of the muddy water” fix the problems in house and kids will not leave.
Again, I never said JJ in my post about winning with a kid from Martin County. You know and I know James took JJ to Johnson Central to.follow Coach Magnet. I have no problem with that., but he is from Martin County, originally. I love James and Tammy, they did a great job raising JJ. HE IS A GREAT GUY. Very hard worker. I have no problem with them doing what they felt.was beat for their child. I just simply said JC won a lot of games a couple of years ago.with a kid from Martin County, and they did. All the arguing in the world wont change it!!

If you don't know why Matt isn't on the coaching staff in Martin County you are very outof the loop!! LOL

Yeah, we recruited Zack Norman and Timmy Smith from Pike County. Those guys were couple of fingers!! Lol

Darrin Rice is a fine girls basketball coach and his son is following him where he goes. If you think this is the same situation you are insensible.

Yeah, Bryce was 5 when he said he wanted to go to SC. Talking about trying to muddy up waters!!!

Anyway, it is what it is!! I don't believe YOU even believe what is happening is fair tothe kid or SC. How can we get things in order, like you and others keep suggesting, when our best athletes keep leaving??

What makes you think Matt is such a great coach? I mean he has only coached in Martin County and we obviously aren't up up to your high standards. Why should we have him on our coaching staff since you know so much?? Has he developed some amazing players?? Does he get the best out of his personnel?? Please point to his body of work and tell me what makes him such a great coach in your opinion.
Again, I never said JJ in my post about winning with a kid from Martin County. You know and I know James took JJ to Johnson Central to.follow Coach Magnet. I have no problem with that., but he is from Martin County, originally. I love James and Tammy, they did a great job raising JJ. HE IS A GREAT GUY. Very hard worker. I have no problem with them doing what they felt.was beat for their child. I just simply said JC won a lot of games a couple of years ago.with a kid from Martin County, and they did. All the arguing in the world wont change it!!

If you don't know why Matt isn't on the coaching staff in Martin County you are very outof the loop!! LOL

Yeah, we recruited Zack Norman and Timmy Smith from Pike County. Those guys were couple of fingers!! Lol

Darrin Rice is a fine girls basketball coach and his son is following him where he goes. If you think this is the same situation you are insensible.

Yeah, Bryce was 5 when he said he wanted to go to SC. Talking about trying to muddy up waters!!!

Anyway, it is what it is!! I don't believe YOU even believe what is happening is fair tothe kid or SC. How can we get things in order, like you and others keep suggesting, when our best athletes keep leaving??

What makes you think Matt is such a great coach? I mean he has only coached in Martin County and we obviously aren't up up to your high standards. Why should we have him on our coaching staff since you know so much?? Has he developed some amazing players?? Does he get the best out of his personnel?? Please point to his body of work and tell me what makes him such a great coach in your opinion.
Coach Hager Wrote:Listen this is Coach Hager from Sheldon Clark it was brought to my attention that someone was talking about me wanting to leave and I have read the posts but this is not true what is being posted. I am not hiding behind a name and I would be willing to set down and explain the situation. The information and things being said is false and is something getting started that is not true. I am the Coach at Sheldon Clark High School. If you want the facts get them from me and not second hand information. The kids at Sheldon Clark does not deserve this and our school system does not deserve to be called a dump.
Coach do you also deny applying for the Paintsville job the year that we hired Coach Runyon?
Jim Matney is a great coach and a good man if I had another son he would play for him wherever he's at , Johnson Central has a good program because of quality coaches
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I understand you point about highlands dominance. But these things will. Cycle out I promise. Will JC beat highlands IDK I would like to see it. But even if not JC or Ashland. Lex Cath,Cov Cath,or Boyle will get them eventually. I don't understand this defeatist attitude when it comes to the birds. They are 17 &18 year old kids just like the rest of the state. There is nothing special in the water up there they just do it with hard work,pride,and good coaching. No reason why those factors can't be in place at other programs.

It's a numbers problem. Another school might come up with a starting eleven that can compete. But their second eleven is going to still be better than most schools' starters; they'll just wear you down with depth. Always. Because their fathers and grandfathers played there. Because they get pushed from the time from they're born to play there. And expected to excel. And in that region, the median income is high, and the education level is high. They can send their kids to every kind of camp and performance academy under the sun, and they have access to resources being so near an urban area. They have Cris Collinsworth and Jared Lorenzen as position coaches. It's hard to compete with a perfect storm like that. The results bear that out. It's a good life lesson for everybody else: you try your hardest, but some people you'll just never beat. Learn to take pride in doing the best you can. Maybe some other team will hit the lottery one day. I sure hope I live to see it.
Diogenes Wrote:It's a numbers problem. Another school might come up with a starting eleven that can compete. But their second eleven is going to still be better than most schools' starters; they'll just wear you down with depth. Always. Because their fathers and grandfathers played there. Because they get pushed from the time from they're born to play there. And expected to excel. And in that region, the median income is high, and the education level is high. They can send their kids to every kind of camp and performance academy under the sun, and they have access to resources being so near an urban area. They have Cris Collinsworth and Jared Lorenzen as position coaches. It's hard to compete with a perfect storm like that. The results bear that out. It's a good life lesson for everybody else: you try your hardest, but some people you'll just never beat. Learn to take pride in doing the best you can. Maybe some other team will hit the lottery one day. I sure hope I live to see it.
JC was one dropped TD away a couple of years ago of beating the bluebirds & not
knowing Coach Matney personally but would bet that his motivation at JC is to defeat
the birds even though knowing the deck is stacked against him & JC. Beleive he eventually gets this win before he retires.
IntheZone Wrote:I wish Jim would join the Belfry alumni team I'd like to blindside him. He's a peice of trash. Develop your own players and quit taking everyone else's. you have the biggest school in the mountains if you can't win with what you got than you don't deserve to. Workman don't want to play at jc he's being forced to go. He wants to play with his friends for the community he's grown up in. It's sad that adults act the way they do. I just hope everything works out for him because he is a hell of a kid and I wish he could be with us to end his career. Roumor was Jim has been seen at Billy Phelps house too maybe he's trying to get everyone he can get. But we all know the rounor mill. I hope highlands beats him like a drum. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he never won another game. If you wanted to coach Martin county's best players you should have stayed put and you would have a state championship ring on your finger already and so would I.
Listen inthezone no need to bash our coach or kids. But with all that is being said I don't want my athlete to lose playing time due to coach wanting better players. I hope that with the addition of the new coach Workman and his son coming over to start at QB will not transition into my child losing playing time to someone who hasn't bleed black and gold as we have
doubledown Wrote:JC was one dropped TD away a couple of years ago of beating the bluebirds & not
knowing Coach Matney personally but would bet that his motivation at JC is to defeat
the birds even though knowing the deck is stacked against him & JC. Beleive he eventually gets this win before he retires.

That also was probably the best or second best team we've ever had at the school, with a freakish (for us, anyway) collection of athletes at the skill positions. And Towles was on a bad ankle. Everything was in position.

And it still didn't happen.

Believe me: I'd LOVE to see them go down, and even more, I'd love for us to be the ones to do it. But I think they're not going to be touched in their division as long as Mueller is at their helm.
Coach Hager Wrote:Listen this is Coach Hager from Sheldon Clark it was brought to my attention that someone was talking about me wanting to leave and I have read the posts but this is not true what is being posted. I am not hiding behind a name and I would be willing to set down and explain the situation. The information and things being said is false and is something getting started that is not true. I am the Coach at Sheldon Clark High School. If you want the facts get them from me and not second hand information. The kids at Sheldon Clark does not deserve this and our school system does not deserve to be called a dump.

Coach didn't you also inquire about the Lawrence County job when it was open the last time,before they hired Coach Cecil? That's three schools that you have supposedly shown interest in the last couple of years. I have a hard time believing that this is all coincidence. Where there's smoke there's fire. Which who could blame you for wanting to leave Sheldon Clark,personally I thought you would've been a better hire than Coach Cecil at Lawrence. I'm looking forward to playing on the new turf in October, I've heard it's really nice.

Wow, after reading this post, I hope you are just a coach and not an English teacher!
What position is Workman going to play on offense? Starting QB? If so, where does Gound play?
What team do we have in mind two replace Sheldon Clark game? Could someone give me a anwser . Did any one find out what kind program the team from Canada has . R they better or worse than the other Canada team we played ?
Will they ever get a new score board? The one they have now is embarrassing.
Tiger Fever Wrote:Will they ever get a new score board? The one they have now is embarrassing.

I believe they are getting a new one for the upcoming season to go along with the extremely nice led message center they bought for their football field
Tiger Fever Wrote:Will they ever get a new score board? The one they have now is embarrassing.

I couldn't tell you how many people from visiting teams have said the exact same thing.

And I'm as close to the visiting football teams as anybody.

But for real.... that LED board is nice. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

It would be sweet to have an video replay board. I know the staff of JCTV could handle it.

You're telling me! Almost as embarrassing as the product the team across town has put on the field the past few years.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I couldn't tell you how many people from visiting teams have said the exact same thing.

And I'm as close to the visiting football teams as anybody.

But for real.... that LED board is nice. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

It would be sweet to have an video replay board. I know the staff of JCTV could handle it.

The led can function as à video board but the camera system is really expensive
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The led can function as à video board but the camera system is really expensive

Ah.... Gotcha.

I think we used that screen 3 or 4 times last season. And Every time it was used, I knew the person that was doing it (twice was my wife)

You'd think she was doing brain surgery... all I heard was how hard it was.

So if we (JC) do get the whole set-up for led/video board, she gets some training on it. :biggrin:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Ah.... Gotcha.

I think we used that screen 3 or 4 times last season. And Every time it was used, I knew the person that was doing it (twice was my wife)

You'd think she was doing brain surgery... all I heard was how hard it was.

So if we (JC) do get the whole set-up for led/video board, she gets some training on it. :biggrin:

Really? I always thought the software was easy but then again I am around it all the time, if she does it next year shoot me a pm and Im sure we can schedule to get her trained a little better on it.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Really? I always thought the software was easy but then again I am around it all the time, if she does it next year shoot me a pm and Im sure we can schedule to get her trained a little better on it.

Will Do.
Did any body find out what team is replacing the Sheldon Clark game?
hope you guys have a good year
Lynch47 Wrote:You're telling me! Almost as embarrassing as the product the team across town has put on the field the past few years.

At least you can read our score board douche bag. All I was meaning was with a nice state of the art football complex it's terrible to have a score board that you can't even read.
Tiger Fever Wrote:At least you can read our score board douche bag. All I was meaning was with a nice state of the art football complex it's terrible to have a score board that you can't even read.

LOL...it was just a joke. You are right though, nice facility with a welfare scoreboard. About every game I went to (Ironton, Ashland, Belfry, Cov Cath) that's all that was mentioned...."what's the score?" Hopefully that will change in the next year or so.
Should have a good team coming back this year
Any word on the scrimmages this season?
Bump...
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Bump...

Cabell Midland and Fairview from what I was told today.