Week 5: Sep 27 - Boyd County home 7:30 PM
Week 6: Oct 4 - Ironton, OH away 7:30 PM
Week 7: Oct 11 - Greenup County away 7:30 PM
Week 8: Oct 18 - Rowan County home 7:30 PM
Week 9: Oct 25 - Ashland Blazer away 7:30 PM
Week 10: Nov 1 - Belfry away 7:30 PM

Hope we find a team for Week 3.......
I see maybe 2 losses on the schedule.
Two losses for sure. Ironton at Ironton is a loss for sure. I know JC has some of their skill guys back but their o line is in bad shape.
The o-line is in good shape it's the d-line that could be in trouble
How is replacing the sc game ? And why was the game canceled
Hoo replacing Sheldon Clark game
eagles2011 Wrote:Hoo replacing Sheldon Clark game

Hoo? Are you serious?
Yeah, Bryce Workman was recruited, ahem, I mean decided to transfer to JC. Bryce's dad apparently is now on the JC coaching staff.
The Workman kid seems to be a great player but also a great kid. I think his dad used to help at SC when Matney was there and at the start of Hager's head coaching career. He was a solid official and by all accounts a very good coach. This could be big for the Golden Eagles.
I can almost predict JC's season....

We're gonna run the ball, maybe throw 3 passes a game, have a brusing defense and have the best fan support in the state.
I'm already excited for November 1st, nothing like a packed out crowd for a smash mouth game! It's always more fun when both teams are 8-1 or 9-0, with Belfry's schedule I don't see that being the case this year.
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:The Workman kid seems to be a great player but also a great kid. I think his dad used to help at SC when Matney was there and at the start of Hager's head coaching career. He was a solid official and by all accounts a very good coach. This could be big for the Golden Eagles.

I would not say he was a good coach by all accounts!! But you know how those things go. But the timing of him rejoining Matney at JC has to raise some eyebrows I mean, come on!! Wonder why he is now getting back in to coaching?? His son. A very good athlete and finally getting some age, Matney swoops in and offers him a job. Probably just coincidence.:blabbermo
I wish Jim would join the Belfry alumni team I'd like to blindside him. He's a peice of trash. Develop your own players and quit taking everyone else's. you have the biggest school in the mountains if you can't win with what you got than you don't deserve to. Workman don't want to play at jc he's being forced to go. He wants to play with his friends for the community he's grown up in. It's sad that adults act the way they do. I just hope everything works out for him because he is a hell of a kid and I wish he could be with us to end his career. Roumor was Jim has been seen at Billy Phelps house too maybe he's trying to get everyone he can get. But we all know the rounor mill. I hope highlands beats him like a drum. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he never won another game. If you wanted to coach Martin county's best players you should have stayed put and you would have a state championship ring on your finger already and so would I.
Cardinals ride Wrote:I would not say he was a good coach by all accounts!! But you know how those things go. But the timing of him rejoining Matney at JC has to raise some eyebrows I mean, come on!! Wonder why he is now getting back in to coaching?? His son. A very good athlete and finally getting some age, Matney swoops in and offers him a job. Probably just coincidence.:blabbermo

Didn't Coach Hager offer an assistant coaching job to a coach during the 2011 season that had not only a son who was a pretty good player but also a foster kid who was a top notch athlete? Wasn't this the kid who got the fifth year of eligibility? Was that a coincidence?
IntheZone Wrote:I wish Jim would join the Belfry alumni team I'd like to blindside him. He's a peice of trash. Develop your own players and quit taking everyone else's. you have the biggest school in the mountains if you can't win with what you got than you don't deserve to. Workman don't want to play at jc he's being forced to go. He wants to play with his friends for the community he's grown up in. It's sad that adults act the way they do. I just hope everything works out for him because he is a hell of a kid and I wish he could be with us to end his career. Roumor was Jim has been seen at Billy Phelps house too maybe he's trying to get everyone he can get. But we all know the rounor mill. I hope highlands beats him like a drum. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he never won another game. If you wanted to coach Martin county's best players you should have stayed put and you would have a state championship ring on your finger already and so would I.
Piece of Trash???? Pot calling the kettle black i would say.If you dont like Jim Matney stand in line.He doesn't recruit kids or coaches.People want to come and play or coach.You are right it is sad the way adults act and you are one of them.Why couldnt Jim be at the Phelps house he is his neighbor.Maybe people are smart in Martin county and dont want you as their neighbor.He can throw a rock and hit his house.Also they are good friends.Maybe since you are throwing rocks you can ask your head coach why he wanted to come to Johnson Central too.Oh yeah probably something you didnt want to mention because he sure wants to jump ship too.Facts are facts when schools are successful there is always idiots that want to talk bad of them.Right now Johnson Central is recognized all around the state and i am happy to say more for the Academics than Athletics.Right now Johnson Central is very successful and with the coaches and administration we have in place we will stay there in everything we do.
IntheZone Wrote:I wish Jim would join the Belfry alumni team I'd like to blindside him. He's a peice of trash. Develop your own players and quit taking everyone else's. you have the biggest school in the mountains if you can't win with what you got than you don't deserve to. Workman don't want to play at jc he's being forced to go. He wants to play with his friends for the community he's grown up in. It's sad that adults act the way they do. I just hope everything works out for him because he is a hell of a kid and I wish he could be with us to end his career. Roumor was Jim has been seen at Billy Phelps house too maybe he's trying to get everyone he can get. But we all know the rounor mill. I hope highlands beats him like a drum. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he never won another game. If you wanted to coach Martin county's best players you should have stayed put and you would have a state championship ring on your finger already and so would I.

He doesn't have to join the "I still want to be in high school game" if you want speak with him. You're still the same old coward IntheZone. You get on here and hide behind a screen name and run your mouth about someone recruiting Sheldon Clark's players. You tried this once before and you have to remember how that turned out for you? You guys have lost more players in every sport than any school around here and yet your excuse is that someone is always recruiting them. Instead of always pointing the finger at someone else why don't you look at yourself? I get so sick you this poor pitiful Sheldon Clark routine on here. Maybe your kids would want to stay there if your school and your school system wasn't such a dump. Oh and by the way I'd say Jim has been seen at Billy Phelps's house brain child ,they're neighbors brain child.
Listen this is Coach Hager from Sheldon Clark it was brought to my attention that someone was talking about me wanting to leave and I have read the posts but this is not true what is being posted. I am not hiding behind a name and I would be willing to set down and explain the situation. The information and things being said is false and is something getting started that is not true. I am the Coach at Sheldon Clark High School. If you want the facts get them from me and not second hand information. The kids at Sheldon Clark does not deserve this and our school system does not deserve to be called a dump.
It does not seem to me you want what is best for the youth. If you wanted what was in his best interest you would trust the youth and his family’s judgment. Clearly the youth and his family feel the youth will better be served attending Johnson Central High School both educationally and athletically. With the father move in to Johnson County it has become possible for the youth to make the move. I was review the one of the school system ranking (School Digger) and it ranked Johnson County 57th with Martin County ranked 121st that alone is good enough reason to move a child. If you review the past 2 football seasons you will see Sheldon Clark is 5-17 which a 22 % winning percentage, while Johnson Central is 18-6 which is a 75% winning percentage. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Come on the “he being force” is a weak play on emotion with the please feel sorry for me. If he was going to be forced would that not have happen last year? Put the blame where it goes, on the kid, parents and Sheldon Clark. I seem most of the blame at the feet of the Sheldon Clark School System.
IntheZone you need to Wish the kid and his family the best and quit playing the victim and blaming others (Coach Matney).
Year in and out Sheldon Clark is not a school that has the numbers to compete every year. They go through years of rebuilding like alot of programs do. Coach Matney is a good coach BUT if you do your history he only had about a 55% winning record at Sheldon Clark during his 20+ years in Football. Not defending IN THE ZONE but losing kids like that hurts a small program just like losing Johnson in basketball hurt our chances to play in the state tourny
It is not about the schools , not about the kids and families, they are free to do what ever they feel best for the family and athlete...it is about a high school coach breaking the rules and cheating. Simple. If he did, should be punished.

I am tired of coaches recruiting, not kids moving to other schools. If a coach gets caught recruiting , he should be banned from coach for 5 years. It would stop.
I'm not aware of where these folks live. I was just stating things that I had heard. Sorry to step on a nerve there folks. I guess these days if your not cheating you aren't trying hard enough everyone is doing it. It's just sad the Khsaa let's it go on. Money talks and bullshit walks. It really doesn't bother me on what you think of me I could careless.

:haters:
Eagle84 Wrote:It does not seem to me you want what is best for the youth. If you wanted what was in his best interest you would trust the youth and his family’s judgment. Clearly the youth and his family feel the youth will better be served attending Johnson Central High School both educationally and athletically. With the father move in to Johnson County it has become possible for the youth to make the move. I was review the one of the school system ranking (School Digger) and it ranked Johnson County 57th with Martin County ranked 121st that alone is good enough reason to move a child. If you review the past 2 football seasons you will see Sheldon Clark is 5-17 which a 22 % winning percentage, while Johnson Central is 18-6 which is a 75% winning percentage. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Come on the “he being force” is a weak play on emotion with the please feel sorry for me. If he was going to be forced would that not have happen last year? Put the blame where it goes, on the kid, parents and Sheldon Clark. I seem most of the blame at the feet of the Sheldon Clark School System.
IntheZone you need to Wish the kid and his family the best and quit playing the victim and blaming others (Coach Matney).
Btw, Johnson Central was winning games 2 years ago with another kid from Martin County. As far as Wokman getting a assistant coach offer from SC in 2011, I highly doubt that. I would not blame Coach Mtney at all if he hadn't lured Bryce by giving his dad a job. I men if a good athlete/football player wanted to come play for you, you would let him. But to lure a kid is a totally different scenario. And the play that they are moving Bryce for academic reasons is very weak. You think they wanted their son to stay in a worse school system during all his developmental years and then move him when he becomes a sophomore in high school. Not very rational thinking, IMO. Have no idea what you are talking about a kid getting a 5th year of elgibility, only kid I know who did that was Timmy Smith and as at as I know, and I know, he is no kin to the Wrkman kid.
IntheZone way to go keep playing the poor me and blame others for you weaknesses.

Way to jump in Cardinals ride and try to muddy the water. Matt was offer a job as a coach in 2011 by Johnson Central but choice not to accept the positon becaue Brice
wanted to stay at SC. With Matt taking a new job, having more time and Brice wanting to tranfer to JC he took the offer. How is that "lured" Brice. Now on why Brice wanted to transfer I was just giving you two good reason ( academic & Winning ) which is not good at SC at this time. He may just be coming to play football or he may becoming because he had problem with coaching staff. I do not know why but feel like if the youth and his family think the move is best seems like to me if you or SC cared about him you would wish him the best. No blame others.

As for JJ beings a Martin Count Kid that maybe the weakest cheap shot at JJ and Coach I have seen.
What does he play. I head he started QB at SC?
Will he start QB at JC? Gound is a two year returner at that spot. If not QB, where?
Eagle84 Wrote:IntheZone way to go keep playing the poor me and blame others for you weaknesses.

Way to jump in Cardinals ride and try to muddy the water. Matt was offer a job as a coach in 2011 by Johnson Central but choice not to accept the positon becaue Brice
wanted to stay at SC. With Matt taking a new job, having more time and Brice wanting to tranfer to JC he took the offer. How is that "lured" Brice. Now on why Brice wanted to transfer I was just giving you two good reason ( academic & Winning ) which is not good at SC at this time. He may just be coming to play football or he may becoming because he had problem with coaching staff. I do not know why but feel like if the youth and his family think the move is best seems like to me if you or SC cared about him you would wish him the best. No blame others.

As for JJ beings a Martin Count Kid that maybe the weakest cheap shot at JJ and Coach I have seen.

So, Jj isn't from Martin County?? Btw, what makes you think I talking about Jj?? Wasn't really a shot, either.

Oh, Matt was offered a job at JC but didn't take it. Weird he was offered a job in a close county school once his son got to high school!! Probably just coincidence!! The reason winning isn't good at SC is because our kids keep leaving!!!

Your academic excuse is weak. I do wish Bryce the best. Seems like a good kid stuck in a bad situation. May be he does want to go to JC but from what I have heard, out of his mouth, is he really wants to stay at JC but if you want to call him a liar go ahead.

Figured I would clear up some of that muddy water. Confusedinglepar
Every Time I have ever talked to Matney he seemed about as nice as could be. As for the Phelps comment they are buddies nothing more nothing less.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Every Time I have ever talked to Matney he seemed about as nice as could be. As for the Phelps comment they are buddies nothing more nothing less.

Yeah, right. I believe that. :BigLaugh:
TigerBlues Wrote:Yeah, right. I believe that. :BigLaugh:

Just how you thought BMR was the savior of all Paintsville athletics including their football program, right? Confusednicker: