Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2013
Bob Seger Wrote:Since you have personally finished first in everything you've ever done, would you care to expand on what those acheivements have been?.......Just curious as to what your personal resume may entail that could back up your claim to have attained that lofty tatus.

Never said I always finisihed first. Just was raised to try and be on top. And that takes hard work you should know that Seager.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I understand you point about highlands dominance. But these things will. Cycle out I promise. Will JC beat highlands IDK I would like to see it. But even if not JC or Ashland. Lex Cath,Cov Cath,or Boyle will get them eventually. I don't understand this defeatist attitude when it comes to the birds. They are 17 &18 year old kids just like the rest of the state. There is nothing special in the water up there they just do it with hard work,pride,and good coaching. No reason why those factors can't be in place at other programs.

Thank You!!
dns Wrote:Never said I always finisihed first. Just was raised to try and be on top. And that takes hard work you should know that Seager.

Yes, I certainly do, and I have made sure that mine always did in every thing they do. I still do with my last one, and I am deeply involved in whatever he does. Evidently you know me , so you are well aware that I have over the years driven mine sometimes unmercily, and was criticized for that many times. There is, however, one thing I have learned, and I've learned this the hard way. At the end of the day, it's all just kids playing a game. I have learned that there are waaaaay more important things in this life, and I am more interested in him just working hard to be his best, studing hard, being a positive contributor to this society, and serving his Lord. I've learned that those are the important things in this life and I now try to have a balance of things, and put them in their proper perspective.. I love sports, but not in the sense that I am all consumed with it any more. I daily encourage my #3 to work hard, (and be the best that he can be) but that is all I ask. If it's not good enough, it's just not good enough. I guess the other guy is just better. Sometimes that's the way it works out.
dns Wrote:Thank You!!

Hey dns why did you retire your cricketbed account?
Ask cricketbed.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yes, I certainly do, and I have made sure that mine always did in every thing they do. I still do with my last one, and I am deeply involved in whatever he does. Evidently you know me , so you are well aware that I have over the years driven mine sometimes unmercily, and was criticized for that many times. There is, however, one thing I have learned, and I've learned this the hard way. At the end of the day, it's all just kids playing a game. I have learned that there are waaaaay more important things in this life, and I am more interested in him just working hard to be his best, studing hard, being a positive contributor to this society, and serving his Lord. I've learned that those are the important things in this life and I now try to have a balance of things, and put them in their proper perspective.. I love sports, but not in the sense that I am all consumed with it any more. I daily encourage my #3 to work hard, (and be the best that he can be) but that is all I ask. If it's not good enough, it's just not good enough. I guess the other guy is just better. Sometimes that's the way it works out.

I now of you but hopefuly one day I can ask my kids to do the best they can, Thanks for the post!!
i hope they aren't weak cause i have alot of respect for matney...but it seems to me that once they graduate they become pansies... matney must have this awesome power over johnson county BOYS. and once they graduate they lose it.... schs has an alumni team put together and ready to play a game and none of the children.... i mean boys... or men whatever they call themselves over there won't play???? what is that about it is football 5a alums vs 2a alums you guys should have more alum and you can't get 30 together to play a once in a lifetime game???? lightweights...
the gr8 uno Wrote:i hope they aren't weak cause i have alot of respect for matney...but it seems to me that once they graduate they become pansies... matney must have this awesome power over johnson county BOYS. and once they graduate they lose it.... schs has an alumni team put together and ready to play a game and none of the children.... i mean boys... or men whatever they call themselves over there won't play???? what is that about it is football 5a alums vs 2a alums you guys should have more alum and you can't get 30 together to play a once in a lifetime game???? lightweights...

Tongueuke:
This what I done when I read this post.
Has somebody please post a 2013 JC schedule....
I look for the Belcher kid to dominate this fall. Does anyone on here have any idea what his 40 yard dash time is? I think the kid has a lot of talent he could put up JJ Jude type numbers. I would like to JC run some option pitch to give teams more to worry about and to help open up the "Belly Read".
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Has somebody please post a 2013 JC schedule....

I don't have dates or locations, but I can relate all ten games, as last I heard (and as best I remember it). Somebody with better information, please feel free to correct/add.

Rowan County
Greenup County
Ashland
Boyd County
Ironton
Sheldon Clark
Harlan County
Belfry
Perry Central
Holy Trinity (Ontario, Canada)
I thought the Belfry and Johnson Central game was off now since they couldn't agree on a set date and location for the game? Have they now gotten things settled and going to play the game now?
^ Hope so. It is good competition for both teams.

Belcher is tough and should really breakout this year. Gound is a speedy and effective runner. A little triple option would seem to be a good idea.
Diogenes Wrote:I don't have dates or locations, but I can relate all ten games, as last I heard (and as best I remember it). Somebody with better information, please feel free to correct/add.

Rowan County
Greenup County
Ashland
Boyd County
Ironton
Sheldon Clark
Harlan County
Belfry
Perry Central
Holy Trinity (Ontario, Canada)

What is up with Canada and EKY? Canadian teams playing football games here. Canadian basketball players transferring here, next thing you know we are going to have a hockey league lol.

Seriously though that is a good schedule to get them ready for the playoffs.
honestjchsfan Wrote:I look for the Belcher kid to dominate this fall. Does anyone on here have any idea what his 40 yard dash time is? I think the kid has a lot of talent he could put up JJ Jude type numbers. I would like to JC run some option pitch to give teams more to worry about and to help open up the "Belly Read".

I heard the Arms twins working with weights and speed drills. They may know his 40 time.
I've never been up to Johnson Central so i was happy to see them on the Harlan county schedule this year. I've seen them on wymt, so i'm anxious to come up there for this game. Should be a good one.
The Black Bears respect Johnson Cent. football.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Hope so. It is good competition for both teams.

Belcher is tough and should really breakout this year. Gound is a speedy and effective runner. A little triple option would seem to be a good idea.

Anything that resembled a little bit of a passing game would seem to be a good idea also.
Like I said, Belfry was last I heard. There may be much more current/reliable information from others available; I hope if they know something, they'll post it.
From KHSAA

Aug 30, 13 Holy Trinity, Ontario Canada home 7:30 PM
Sep 6, 13 Sheldon Clark away 7:30 PM
Sep 13, 13 Perry County Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 13 Harlan County home 7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13 Boyd County home 7:30 PM
Oct 4, 13 Ironton, OH away 7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13 Greenup County away 7:30 PM
Oct 18, 13 Rowan County home 7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13 Ashland Blazer away 7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13 Belfry away 7:30 PM
Railrunner33 Wrote:From KHSAA

6-4 regular season with this schedule.
Not sure if its true , but have heard Fairview will Play Johnson Central in the Grid . This would be a good scrimage for us , so i hope this is true

Tomcat Pride Wrote:6-4 regular season with this schedule.

:biglmao: :dudecomeon:

Its my understanding that week #2 vs. Sheldon Clark will not be played as JC is again looking for a game that week.....
throw deep Wrote:Its my understanding that week #2 vs. Sheldon Clark will not be played as JC is again looking for a game that week.....

That's gonna be rough to find a game on short notice.
throw deep Wrote:Its my understanding that week #2 vs. Sheldon Clark will not be played as JC is again looking for a game that week.....

Have any solid evidence to confirm or deny this?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Have any solid evidence to confirm or deny this?

YES......SC vs. JC will not take place!!!!
Anyone know how the awards cermony went for fall sports? Heard they were going to have one. Just wondering.
Why was the game called off ? On the khsaa neaither teams shows a game for week two
Just rumor. Heard a kid from SC was coming to JC, not the rice kid, another good player. Just rumor!