Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8th Grade Middle School State Tournament
cougarpride08 Wrote:Any word on Whitesburg?

I was told that Whitesburg lost to LCA.
wow, what happened here?
Was told Final 8 are:

1)Knox County
2)West Jessamine
3)Southern Pulaski
4)Anderson County
5)Lincoln County
6)Hopkinsville
7)Bardstown
8)Moss
SVMS Wrote:Someone said Cromer for South Pulaski drove to the game?

No, but it sounds like he sent you and your boys driving back north. LoL. Like your grapes sour do you? :lame: :lame: :lame:
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Was told Final 8 are:

1)Knox County
2)West Jessamine
3)Southern Pulaski
4)Anderson County
5)Lincoln County
6)Hopkinsville
7)Bardstown
8)Moss

Sunday 9:00 AM
Knox vs West Jessamine
S. Pulaski vs Anderson Co
Lincoln Co vs Hopkinsville
Bardstown vs Moss

11:20 AM Semifinals
Knox/West Jessamine vs S Pulaski/Anderson Co
Lincoln Co/Hopkinsville vs Bardstown/Moss

1:40 PM Finals
KBA doesn't show we played LCA. It has us playing North Oldham. Can someone fill me in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I think LCA beat Whitsburg 50-42
Did we play North Oldham?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

raisedseams Wrote:No, but it sounds like he sent you and your boys driving back north. LoL. Like your grapes sour do you? :lame: :lame: :lame:

No sour grapes here, my team didn't get attend the tournament. I was just repeating what a North Pulaski coach told me. Anyway great day of hoops at the KBA. I thought the talent level was a little down. I guess the best eight graders are playing high school ball. I thought the big boy from Knox was very solid, plays hard. I like the PG from Belfry and the Cromer from South. Team wise I think Knox and South will make the finals then it is a coin flip. Good luck to all the teams today.
Whitesburg beat North Oldham. KBA need to update there brackets. Don't know who all is still in or who is out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Final Four
Knox vs S. Pulaski
Lincoln Co vs Moss
SW Pulaski vs Lincoln in the finals.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Whitesburg beat North Oldham. KBA need to update there brackets. Don't know who all is still in or who is out.

This will get you where you want to be cougarpride:

http://kentucky-basketball-academy.ezlea...spx?type=t

Goto current tourney section and highlight regions 1-4 and silver tourney to determine 9-16th place finishers for scores.

Thanks for the update Dortonwildcat fan :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
C-Pride, they let a few of the teams that lost last night play an extra game. It did not count in any standings, just pride wise I guess.
Would just like to say thanks to the kba and all of the tournament organizers for putting this together. I know are boys from Ockerman really enjoyed the experience as this was are first time being allowed to play in this in a while. Very well ran event with many good teams participating, looking forward to attending again in the future. Congrats to SP on a gear tournament.
Thanks for all the info. Congrats to Whitesburg for going down there and winning some games. Is this the first year Whitesburg played in the KBA?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

So who won? KBA isn't the best on updates.
S. Pulaski - 51
Lincoln Co. - 44
Congrats to southern Pulaski on winning the championship. Very well ran and competitive tournament.
Congrats to S. Pulaski
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks like the future of Southwestern basketball is going to be scary for their 12th region opponents...
congratulations to all teams
The 12th regions future looks bright along with Southern Pulaski. In the seventh grade championship, Southern Pulaski played Meece Middle, the Somerset middle school, and in the eighth grade they played Lincoln county. All three schools are from the 12th region.

Southern Pulaski is fortunate to have two classes back to back.
I talked to a guy from Scott County and he told me that Scott Co. beat Lincoln County by 20 or so in the first pool game of this tournament. Talk about a big time response after that by Lincoln! Wish I could have seen them play in this tournament. I bet they were fun to watch after that!
How would these teams do in an aau tourney