Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 2013 Schedule
I have heard good numbers in the weight room.
Great numbers in the weight room and got some of the gonna be Jrs back on the team should be a good year at SW and can't wait for the next few years to see what Speaks says after they get waxed you ran from these teams coming up in middle school.
by great, do you mean 10, 12, 25??? if they field 30 again, good luck
WarriorProud Wrote:Great numbers in the weight room and got some of the gonna be Jrs back on the team should be a good year at SW and can't wait for the next few years to see what Speaks says after they get waxed you ran from these teams coming up in middle school.

I didn't run from anyone. I don't have anything to do with the middle school, or even the high school team for that matter. I would hope Souhwestern can come up with a better performance than the last couple of times they've faced Somerset. I think they've been outscored 71 to 8 in those games. It's funny how the two County schools spend so much time and effort trying to measure themselves by Somerset. As a matter of fact that is a lot of the reason that the County schools have not advanced further than what they have. They need to quit trying to win the County Championship and try to win the 5A championship.
Lol the way SW played last year, they don't have to worry about either.
There was some talk about Steve Jewell coming to SW to run the defense. He is a great defensive man! any truth to that?
Norm Peterson Wrote:It's funny how the two County schools spend so much time and effort trying to measure themselves by Somerset. As a matter of fact that is a lot of the reason that the County schools have not advanced further than what they have. They need to quit trying to win the County Championship and try to win the 5A championship.

Please don't try to compare Southwestern's program to Pulaski's.
Santa Monica Wrote:Please don't try to compare Southwestern's program to Pulaski's.

While Pulaski's program is overall stronger than Southwestern's right now I stand by what I said. Coach Hines has campaigned over and over to try and force Somerset to play both county schools each year, they handed out "County Champs" t-shirts and letter jacket patches etc. Pulaski has their program to a level that they should be less focused on worrying about Somerset and who the Jumpers play and on trying to get to Bowling Green. They need to spend more time figuring out how to beat the Harlan County, Franklin County, Anderson County, Warren Central and Bowling Green than Somerset. That kind of narrow focus hurts them in the long run.
Thats a tough schedule for sure could start 0-6.
Norm Peterson Wrote:While Pulaski's program is overall stronger than Southwestern's right now I stand by what I said. Coach Hines has campaigned over and over to try and force Somerset to play both county schools each year, they handed out "County Champs" t-shirts and letter jacket patches etc. Pulaski has their program to a level that they should be less focused on worrying about Somerset and who the Jumpers play and on trying to get to Bowling Green. They need to spend more time figuring out how to beat the Harlan County, Franklin County, Anderson County, Warren Central and Bowling Green than Somerset. That kind of narrow focus hurts them in the long run.

You must try to understand how Hines thinks. When him and John Cain came to Pulaski, we were the absolute worst football team in the state. In all classes. A joke. To beat Somerset was a huge measurinig stick. Also, Hines was "passed over" for the coaching job at Somerset when Cobb got hired. That threw gas on the fire. As long as Hines is around, Somerset will always be a big game for PC. And actually, it dosen't hurt the playoff run. It is always early in the season, and the fans love it, and whatever happends in the playoffs is long after the Somerset-Pulaski game is history. Really, in the big picture, PC's fixation with beating Somerset has helped the program grow over the years.
Santa Monica Wrote:You must try to understand how Hines thinks. When him and John Cain came to Pulaski, we were the absolute worst football team in the state. In all classes. A joke. To beat Somerset was a huge measurinig stick. Also, Hines was "passed over" for the coaching job at Somerset when Cobb got hired. That threw gas on the fire. As long as Hines is around, Somerset will always be a big game for PC. And actually, it dosen't hurt the playoff run. It is always early in the season, and the fans love it, and whatever happends in the playoffs is long after the Somerset-Pulaski game is history. Really, in the big picture, PC's fixation with beating Somerset has helped the program grow over the years.

I get all that. What I was saying is Pulaski has the program to the point where they should no longer be concerned with beating, or even whether they play Somerset or not.
Everyone in this area loves to beat somerset. They always will until it happens 29 times in a row. Most if the time if you beat the jumpers you are pretty good. It's not narrow minded to focus week to week: it's football.
I believe Hines fixation with Somerset had to do with the gate the county schools would get by playing that game. Its no secret that if the county schools didn't participate in the correll bowl somersets programs would struggle financially.

But now that Somerset is playing in the Don Marshal Bowl its not an issue.
I've heard from numerous sources that the players at Southwestern didn't even want Andy Stephens as the head coach, apparently he doesn't put the time in that is required by a high school coach.
Pig Jones Wrote:I've heard from numerous sources that the players at Southwestern didn't even want Andy Stephens as the head coach, apparently he doesn't put the time in that is required by a high school coach.

Yeah I hear he eats small children also. I dont even think they have enough to be having weights right now to be honest. I hear they cancelled them because they only have 3 kids lifting.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I believe Hines fixation with Somerset had to do with the gate the county schools would get by playing that game. Its no secret that if the county schools didn't participate in the correll bowl somersets programs would struggle financially.

But now that Somerset is playing in the Don Marshal Bowl its not an issue.

This is true but SW and PC need the gate from the Correll Bowl also. It is split evenly.
Pig Jones Wrote:I've heard from numerous sources that the players at Southwestern didn't even want Andy Stephens as the head coach, apparently he doesn't put the time in that is required by a high school coach.

I've heard that from members of his staff....
wildthang3 Wrote:I've heard that from members of his staff....

Im sure you did wildthang.....your so predictable. If it says Southwestern in it your running your mouth. Almost funny. Confusednicker:
Willie Turnover Wrote:Its no secret that if the county schools didn't participate in the correll bowl somersets programs would struggle financially.

My understanding of the RCB is that the three local teams actually split the gate receipts equally, comprising a "bowl game" payout to the Pulaski's that more than DOUBLES the stipends paid by any other annual bowl.

Something (like mathematics, oh yeah, and history) tells me the Jumpers could drop that arrangement and do just fine.
oldnfat Wrote:Yeah I hear he eats small children also. I dont even think they have enough to be having weights right now to be honest. I hear they cancelled them because they only have 3 kids lifting.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? Someone must have struck a nerve.
so i'm hearing that SW headcoach only scheduled 3 home games for this year???? Are you serious??? Is he that ashamed to play in front of the hometown that he wants play on the road as much as possible? This has gone around quite a bit today. So that means first home game is home opener, 2nd game is homecoming, and 3rd home game is senior night lol.... Good luck making a lot of money at home games this year lol...
northlaurelfan Wrote:so i'm hearing that SW headcoach only scheduled 3 home games for this year???? Are you serious??? Is he that ashamed to play in front of the hometown that he wants play on the road as much as possible? This has gone around quite a bit today. So that means first home game is home opener, 2nd game is homecoming, and 3rd home game is senior night lol.... Good luck making a lot of money at home games this year lol...

I believe they are needing one more game. Maybe looking for another home game.
According to the schedule, SW plays four home games: Somerset, Wayne County, South Laurel, and Madison Southern. Plus, SW will have two other games in town - vs. Corbin in the Ray Correll Bowl and across the way at Pulaski County.
GC-I don't think that is right, from what my buddy at MS said, they have SW, PC and NL all at home this year due to a change. SL and NL didn't want to play on Chicken fest time, and SW-PC wanted to play at the end of year. So all the schedules got re-done.
wildthang3 Wrote:GC-I don't think that is right, from what my buddy at MS said, they have SW, PC and NL all at home this year due to a change. SL and NL didn't want to play on Chicken fest time, and SW-PC wanted to play at the end of year. So all the schedules got re-done.

Oh okay. Things could be different then.
HAT51 Wrote:I believe they are needing one more game. Maybe looking for another home game.

It was on the football list-serve today that they (SW Pul) were needing a week 3 game, Belfry also needs a game that same week, maybe they can agree to play???
throw deep Wrote:It was on the football list-serve today that they (SW Pul) were needing a week 3 game, Belfry also needs a game that same week, maybe they can agree to play???

Why do they need a game, on the first page listed they have 10 games.

I don't think South or North Laurel get to pick a game for the chicken festival because the district has to play games and don't have open dates in those weeks.
Just decided to read a little bit about the Southwestern program for this coming season.

Sounds like a mess in here. Kind of telling there isn't a single post since the middle of March. At least you guys got that 4th home game. Good gate too as Belfry will bring a BIG crowd.
oldnfat Wrote:Yeah I hear he eats small children also. I dont even think they have enough to be having weights right now to be honest. I hear they cancelled them because they only have 3 kids lifting.

I would not cancel wts, if I only had 1 lifting. That is one better player when season begins.
^that is just Butcher being sarcastic^

they had plenty in the off season workouts, at least enough to break a lot of the weight and speed records