Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54th District Drawing
It is.^
Who all makes the regional tournament?
Everybody has called me crazy before but I love it when PCC and Hazard play each other in the first round of district. The win or go home mentality IMO makes it a better game.
yes its Feb 15th vs Cordia.
I think it is about time for people to get over their petty differences and seed the 54th district tournament for boys. This will hurt the 14th regional tournament because you will have 1 of the top teams in the region sitting at home. While on the other hand Buckhorn or Leslie plays in the regional with little chance of winning it. I am not trying to say this to downplay either of those teams but the truth is the truth. It is even possible for them to knock someone out, but I do not see either playing 3 good games in a row and winning the 14th region. This only hurts the 54th districts chances of winning the regioin while helping everyone else whom I am sure will be in attendance watching these two good teams battle for a chance to go to the region. If everyone else had a blind draw there would be no disadvantage but this is not the case. This also makes for a scenario where someone like say Knott Central could get what would be the equivalent of a bye because there is not much chance either Buckhorn or Leslie could beat them. This old outdated method needs to be eliminated so we can send our best two teams to the region, where they deserve to be. Furthemore it will stop all the, "dancing in the streets " , by other teams who do not want to play PCC or Hazard in the region much less the probability of having to beat both to win the region.
Will never happen, takes a majority vote of the teams in the district. Since there are 4 teams, 3 of the 4 would have to vote to change from "draw" to some type of seeding. PCC and Hazard want to seed, Buckhorn and Leslie do not. If they would agree to seed then the regular season games would have relevance and be much more exciting, but sadly this will not happen.
Probably will remain this way until the KHSAA steps in. I believe there are 8 districts in the state that DO NOT seed and the 14th region have 2 of those districts - the 54th and 55th.
Since some of 14th region schools are rumored to be closing if this happens then the districts will have to be realigned to balance them out. If this happens this may change.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
I don't like the vibe I'm getting from this really.
PCC may be in trouble, they do have the advantage of it being at PCC.
But we've seen this before.

Does anyone know about the draw in KCC's district?
^ the 53rd seeds. Jenkins/JBS round 1. KCC vs Jenkins/JBS winner, Cordia vs. Letcher
I agree with you Ballers I get a bad vibe as well. The KCC district seeds and KCC got the #1 seed. Cordia and LCC are #2 and #3 so one of them will be eliminated. Where PCC beat Hazard by about 20 may cause them to have a false sense of security. Hazard was playing without Hollan and everyone knows they are a much better team with him. Eventhough they are playing at home just get a bad feeling, you never know which team will show up they are too inconsistent. I think this game is about 50/50 or the flip of a coin, plus you throw in the fact that someone will go home and this adds a whole other dimension. Should be a great game too bad its the first game of the district.
While I, too, favor seeding, the girls district does, so why not both, but either way, you gotta beat them all, whether 1st game of District or Region final. It is the decisions of the " powers that be... District admins, or KHSAA ", that will decide, and what should be, could be or otta be, doesn't matter.
Is Cordia playing @ Breathitt tonight?
4ever1 complaining about the draw. They half to bc none of them are allowed to play each other to seed bc Hazard is 2 busy taking players from the other 3 teams in the district to make them good so they can actually complete in sports. Facts are Facts. Khsaa stop recruiting in high school and your perry co fans could get seedings in basketball.
You can't seed if your not allowed to play each other. Lol
4ever witness Wrote:You can't seed if your not allowed to play each other. Lol

If they seeded they would be forced to...
or take a forfeit.