Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54th District Drawing
The drawing for the 54th district tournament will be held tomorrow at Noon. 1/30

Thoughts. Comments.
Would be very interesting this year to see Hazard & PCC draw up. How long has it been since they drew each other?
It has been several years since they drew head up. Not for sure when. But you can bet the rest of the region is hoping they do. Have been told by someone close to the situation I will be told as soon as it happens. Will post on here as soon as I find out.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
The 54th District Draw is the biggest moment of the season in the 14th region..

All 14th region teams have their eyes on this draw every year..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Its about time for Hazard and PCC to run there course... Usually the 2 best teams end up drawing each other seems like. In that case, that would probably be best for a whole lot because that means that Hazard or PCC would get knocked down. And Buckhorn/Leslie would be a great match up. Im kind of excited to see the results today.
Of course it will be Hazard/Perry. The 2 worst teams in the district almost always get the 1st round trash match up. I hope i'm wrong.
Is this being broadcasted anywhere)
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Is this being broadcasted anywhere)

I don't think so. But we will know almost immediately. Would be good for everyone but Hazard and Perry. But this happened to Buckhorn and Perry last year. Everyone else in the region comes to watch one of the favorites get knocked out.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Oh gee, Perry Central vs Hazard and Leslie vs Buckhorn in the first round. Color me shocked.
So how did it turn out?
Yes was told the same thing . Bad for Hazard and Perry. Good for everyone else. 54th needs to join the 21st century and seed like all other districts.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
I, myself, love it when Hazard and Perry play in round one.

Expect nothing less than a classic at John C. Combs Arena this year.

Hollan will be back and the Bulldogs will be ready for revenge.
The last time they played Johnson pretty much had to sat a whole game and Dalton a half.

Both teams should be at full strength.
zaga_fan Wrote:I, myself, love it when Hazard and Perry play in round one.

Expect nothing less than a classic at John C. Combs Arena this year.

Hollan will be back and the Bulldogs will be ready for revenge.
The last time they played Johnson pretty much had to sat a whole game and Dalton a half.

Both teams should be at full strength.

Zaga how did the girls play out was only told about the boys.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Will be another full house at John C. Combs arena.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Somebody goes home early. PCC should have the advantage on their home court.
^ girls don't draw do they? But do they go by today's rankings or do they wait?
Just found out Perry vs Buckhorn. Hazard vs Leslie in girls.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Perry is hard to beat at John C. Combs. Last year they were ambushed by the Horn at Leslie and Perry was forced to sit on the smaller side of the gym with them being the largest school in the district. Will make for another big draw. But will hurt the attendance in the regional. Overall a disadvantage for the 54th. As they have a harder road to the sweet sixteen. The other districts seed. And usually send their two best teams to the regional. This year however either LCC or Cordia will make an early exit if I'm correct.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
^Correct. Imo it will be letcher this year. I know im a Cordia homer but this team should be playing their best ball come tourney time. And i think a Knott and Cordia 53rd District championship would pull in quiet a crowd. Would fill up Moton Combs easy.
Hazard vs Perry Central - Feb 19th
Buckhorn vs Leslie County - Feb 20th
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
54th at Perry this year??
KHSAA12 Wrote:54th at Perry this year??

Yes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brother Cecil Wrote:Zaga how did the girls play out was only told about the boys.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.

The girls actually seed
ekff Wrote:Yes

I'm gonna be pulling for the dawgs in this one. But they will need Hollan at full strength to beat the Dores at home. He should be 100% by this time correct?
Johnson may be out for the year with his acklies injury is wgat i heard, Knott County dancing in the streets again with this draw.
This is why smaller schools vote to draw, now one of Leslie or Buckhorn will be in the regional tournament. Congrats to them. However, I think it sucks because the regional tournament will be played without one of the top 3 teams in this region. As what ball boy said knott is smiling somewhere right.
I don't know about Knott but I'm smilin :biggrin:, I'd say Lesile and Buckhorn could care less right? Looks like the draw only satisfies Knott.
Should be a barnburner between Hazard and Perry. I think both teams will be ready for battle and even though Perry has home court advantage i think Big AL will be ready for this one and it could be a game for the ages. So many question marks in this one. If Hollon can come back healthy then it will surely make Hazard alot better. And who knows if any of the kids get injured before then. Perry has 2 tough games before then in Knott and Cordia so Perry will probably not be able to keep their top players out of the lineup to get ready for the postseason. I think its a 3 point win either way. Cant wait to watch this one.
^I can't wait for the Cordia/Perry game. Anyone know if thats Perrys senior night??