Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pigskin classic
AnswertheBell Wrote:Are You from Knox. Why answer something directed to someone else. Panther Nation has Knox beaten Bell in the last 30 years?

As far as Whitley goes have you beaten us in the last 20years? I don't know the answer to this, I am looking for the correct answer.

No. Im from Whitley.
I replied because you made a snide comment about Whitley.
And yes, weve beat you in the last 20 years.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Are You from Knox. Why answer something directed to someone else. Panther Nation has Knox beaten Bell in the last 30 years?

As far as Whitley goes have you beaten us in the last 20years? I don't know the answer to this, I am looking for the correct answer.

To be honest I don't know if Knox has ever beaten bell and until 3 years ago I could really care less, I was born and raised in laurel co. Moved to Knox co a few years back and until my son started playing football didn't ever watch a panther game, but now I will not miss one.. And I will keep on watching them after he graduates....

I don't know if we have beaten you or not.....I do know that the last two years we would have......but your coach thought it best not to play. I think he stated, " safety reasons." hahahahah...lol
^

:hilarious:
redstorm Wrote:I would bet whom ever they play will be a cup cake. I can't wait to see there schedule, soft soft!!

Corbin is not going to schedule anyone good.
I cant understand why Corbin went out and scheduled GRC like they did.
There is much better teams a lot closer to home. They'll continue to play South, which i have no problem with, Danville which is a good scheduled game for them, and then games that pretty much make no sense like Tates Creek, Harlan, and Mccreary Central.
Most teams are able to say they cant get anyone to play as is the reason they have a schedule like this, but thats not the case with Corbin. They could have games yearly with Knox, Whitley, Rock, Breathitt, or even Wburg if they wanted to.
Maybe he simply doesn't like someone. I know some coaches say the reason they don't play is they have had a falling out with the other. Coaches should schedule to help there teams, not satisfy us. Dudley Hilton was a master at schedules. Big name schools that were down, he knew it and put them on the schedule. Corbin had a pretty good schedule..GRC, Danville Lexington Christian..there district. Most of you that give them a hard time are from Whitley and are mad he won't play you. He may not like you.
I think that Jewell not playing Whitley that there is some under lying factors that people don't know about is the reason Jewell want schedule them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I cant understand why Corbin went out and scheduled GRC like they did.
There is much better teams a lot closer to home. They'll continue to play South, which i have no problem with, Danville which is a good scheduled game for them, and then games that pretty much make no sense like Tates Creek, Harlan, and Mccreary Central.
Most teams are able to say they cant get anyone to play as is the reason they have a schedule like this, but thats not the case with Corbin. They could have games yearly with Knox, Whitley, Rock, Breathitt, or even Wburg if they wanted to.

McCreary is in the district and I have heard Coach Jewell say several times that he and the fans like to go to the Lexington area to play, so that is the reason for a couple of those you mentioned.

Williamsburg has an open invitation from what I have been told, going back to when Jim Black was there, but the sticking point is Corbin wants to play at least 5 consecutive years.

Whitley should be on the schedule, although I know there are some hard feelings with Campbell, but the 2 school systems get along very well and play each other in every other sport.
AnswertheBell - you must be sped or was in sped classes. i never made a comment about 3A or 2A being weak or playing weak schedules.
Classification doesnt matter in most programs. Tradition plays a huge part. At one point in the state of Kentucky Beechwood beat everyone in the state, including Fort Thomas Highlands.
So don't get caught up in classes.
Williamsburg next year will compete with anyone in Mtns.
Corbin and Whitley play in other sports because they are in the same district. Danville and Lexington Christian are good games to schedule. Coach Jewell has told Williamsburg no. Corbin will only schedule Williamsburg and Whitley on their terms. Their offer to Whitley is to play them in the Pigskin Classic, Whitley commit to a second game in the Pigskin Classic, and then a home and away. Whitley would be committed to playing three games at Corbin to get one at home. Any AD worth his salt would not give up three gates to get one gate. Whitley is on equal footing with Corbin and will not and should not accept those terms. Corbin gets to say they offered to play but the terms of their offer make it impossible for Whitley to accept. Corbin knows Whitley will not accept so is there a true offer. Corbin has dodged and will continue to dodge Whitley. This is similar to dropping Bell. Corbin used to play anybody anywhere. That is not the truth now. Harlan County, Whitley and Knox are all willing to play them home and away.
Corbin is playing Perry Central in this years bowl game.
redstorm Wrote:AnswertheBell - you must be sped or was in sped classes. i never made a comment about 3A or 2A being weak or playing weak schedules.
Classification doesnt matter in most programs. Tradition plays a huge part. At one point in the state of Kentucky Beechwood beat everyone in the state, including Fort Thomas Highlands.
So don't get caught up in classes.
Williamsburg next year will compete with anyone in Mtns.

There are classes for a reason, make no mistake about it. There are exceptions in every class some years. I look at the words you used "DODGING", to me that measn you are scared to play them. I do not think that is the case at all. I think Jewell is mad at someone and he doesn't have to play Whitley. It is his choice. For some reason you throw Middlesboro under the bus every chance you get. They have had a good schedule as well. I here it is personal for them. And we will leave it at that, since we know each other.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin and Whitley play in other sports because they are in the same district. Danville and Lexington Christian are good games to schedule. Coach Jewell has told Williamsburg no. Corbin will only schedule Williamsburg and Whitley on their terms. Their offer to Whitley is to play them in the Pigskin Classic, Whitley commit to a second game in the Pigskin Classic, and then a home and away. Whitley would be committed to playing three games at Corbin to get one at home. Any AD worth his salt would not give up three gates to get one gate. Whitley is on equal footing with Corbin and will not and should not accept those terms. Corbin gets to say they offered to play but the terms of their offer make it impossible for Whitley to accept. Corbin knows Whitley will not accept so is there a true offer. Corbin has dodged and will continue to dodge Whitley. This is similar to dropping Bell. Corbin used to play anybody anywhere. That is not the truth now. Harlan County, Whitley and Knox are all willing to play them home and away.

We had to pay Middlesboro money to play them home and away. Don't like it, don't play them, but don't cry about it.
King Leonidas Wrote:Corbin is playing Perry Central in this years bowl game.

Perry Central will bring 100-150 fans to the game. They were 4-7 in 2012 playing a average 5A schedule. They lose a very good group of 21 seniors.
a Bowl Game has to be hard to schedule. To get someone to give up a home game for less money than they would make.
My reference was to Corbin dropping Bell prior to the realignment. I know Bell dodges no one. It is frustrating to read Corbin fans posting that there is an open offer to Williamsburg when that is far from the truth. Their offers are you play in our bowl game two years to get to play us one of the two and then we will play you at our place twice and come to yours once. No school would agree to play 4 games on the road to get one at home. If a school offers less than a home and home it is either intended as a non offer or an insult.
^
Had Whitley excepted the deal with Corbin, there schedule would have been....

@ Corbin (Pigskin Classic)
@ Corbin (Pigskin Classic)
@ Whitley (Home)
@ Corbin (Away)

A blind man can see this is far from acceptable.
Corbin should have excepted to play Whitley in the pigskin, and then returned a game at Whitley the next year. Whitley still would have played in the pigskin in the second year against someone different.
Well if anyone knows Corbin they are always going to try to make things work in their advantage.. Always have and will..