Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pigskin classic
Anyone heard who is in the classic this year!!
I think Knox Central will play Pulaski Southwest.
That's what I have heard but wasn't forsure
Who is Corbin playing?
I would bet whom ever they play will be a cup cake. I can't wait to see there schedule, soft soft!!
Hopefully SW will be better than they were last year.
This would be a great schedule:Just dreaming
Whitley Co. vs Williamsburg
Knox Central vs Corbin
I see Redstorm wanting to play 1A schools instead of Knox or Corbin.
^
Agreed. Thats just absurd.

Whitley already has Knox on the schedule.

Whitley vs. Corbin
Knox vs. Bell
^
Knox already has bell on the schedule this year...
^
Whitley/Corbin
Knox/Rock

That would be quite a a good weekend for football.
Williamsburg will be as good as anyone in the Mtn next year. We will play anyone at anytime and i believe you can look at our past schedule and see that. I am tired of going to Pigskin and watching weak teams play and 46 people in the stands. Corbin is just like Middlesboro and dodges everone in the area.
redstorm Wrote:Williamsburg will be as good as anyone in the Mtn next year. We will play anyone at anytime and i believe you can look at our past schedule and see that. I am tired of going to Pigskin and watching weak teams play and 46 people in the stands. Corbin is just like Middlesboro and dodges everone in the area.

There is nothing to gain by playing Wburg.
A Wburg/Corbin matchup is fine, but Whitley has no business playing Wburg, just like theyve had no business playing Lynn Camp in the past.
Whitley has shown that they are willing to schedule anyone. Bell, Boyle and Lexington Catholic are proof of that. Corbin vs Knox or Somerset would draw a big crowd. Harlan County vs Boyle would be a great match up to watch. Corbin and Whitley would be the dream game but I don't believe we will ever see that match up.
The Whitley vs Corbin game would have been this year (13). Whitley would have played someone else in 12 and Corbin this year. Whitley wanted Corbin to then sign 2 year home and home for 14-15 but Corbin would not agree.
So, Whitley would have played at Corbin vs someone in 12. At Corbin vs Corbin in 13. At Corbin vs Corbin in 14 then Corbin to Whitley in 15 but Corbin would not agree. They just wanted Whitley to come play in Pigskin 2 years 1 against Corbin.
footballfever Wrote:The Whitley vs Corbin game would have been this year (13). Whitley would have played someone else in 12 and Corbin this year. Whitley wanted Corbin to then sign 2 year home and home for 14-15 but Corbin would not agree.
So, Whitley would have played at Corbin vs someone in 12. At Corbin vs Corbin in 13. At Corbin vs Corbin in 14 then Corbin to Whitley in 15 but Corbin would not agree. They just wanted Whitley to come play in Pigskin 2 years 1 against Corbin.

Corbin fans don't understand the coach's thinking on this at all. There is no valid reason not to play Whitley Co. home and home.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin fans don't understand the coach's thinking on this at all. There is no valid reason not to play Whitley Co. home and home.

I agree. It has to be individual preference. Coach Jackson at the Middle School will not play. Coach Jewell won't play varsity but they have played JV Fresh last couple years.
Corbin will not play Whitley cause they are scared to play anyone that can beat them back to back years like Whitley will. They won't even play Knox even in the pigskin!!
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin fans don't understand the coach's thinking on this at all. There is no valid reason not to play Whitley Co. home and home.

I dont think anybody does.
If it werent for the varsity club scheduling the games for the pigskin, and there wanting to save the pigskin by the gate a Whitley/Corbin game would bring, then it would have never been mentioned.

I know Whitley has tried in some form or fashion to schedule Corbin since the early Campbell days.
panther nation Wrote:Corbin will not play Whitley cause they are scared to play anyone that can beat them back to back years like Whitley will. They won't even play Knox even in the pigskin!!

Im not going to jump on the agressive and say Whitley would thrash Corbin every year, because its simply not true. In fact if you look at the years of 2000 to 2010, my bet is the series would have been a 6-4 or 5-5 series.

I think ever since Jewell took the chance on playing Wburg and in return got beat, his willingness, well what little bit there was, is now gone forever, even though Corbin is a 3A school that would be playing a 5A school that would help them prepare for the postseason and make them a better team.

Lets all hope in due time we will eventually see this series start again. My guess is it would bring in more money than any other game in this part of the state, atleast for the first few years, and maybe forever.
[QUOTE=RunItUpTheGut;

Lets all hope in due time we will eventually see this series start again. My guess is it would bring in more money than any other game in this part of the state, atleast for the first few years, and maybe forever.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is true there will be no bigger gate in this part of the state when Knox and Bell play this year and next followed by Knox and Harlan those will be the biggest gates around.
redstorm Wrote:I would bet whom ever they play will be a cup cake. I can't wait to see there schedule, soft soft!!

Crying over 3A and 2A schools? Wow!!!! Wait till you get to Log Mountain , we will have some tissue for you.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Crying over 3A and 2A schools? Wow!!!! Wait till you get to Log Mountain , we will have some tissue for you.

Sorry pal you will be comming to the panther den !!!
I was refering to the quote above my post. Redstorm brave comments about soft schedules and people dodging the mighty Redstorm. However, Have you ever beat us. The PANTHER DEN has never worried us.
I believe that it has worried Mills the last 2 years. He needs to the next 2 as well.
panther nation Wrote:I don't think that is true there will be no bigger gate in this part of the state when Knox and Bell play this year and next followed by Knox and Harlan those will be the biggest gates around.

Trust me, if Whitley and Corbin play, it will bring in more money then any other game in the WYMT coverage area. Especially the first year.
AnswertheBell Wrote:I was refering to the quote above my post. Redstorm brave comments about soft schedules and people dodging the mighty Redstorm. However, Have you ever beat us. The PANTHER DEN has never worried us.

Yes. On more than one occasion. As a matter of fact i had a winning record against Bell when i was in high school.
Is the Whitley/Knox game at Knox next year or Whitley?
I know its on the schedule.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yes. On more than one occasion. As a matter of fact i had a winning record against Bell when i was in high school.

Are You from Knox. Why answer something directed to someone else. Panther Nation has Knox beaten Bell in the last 30 years?

As far as Whitley goes have you beaten us in the last 20years? I don't know the answer to this, I am looking for the correct answer.
Just heard last night that Corbin will play Knox this year. It will be the last game of the season for both teams and it is at Corbin.. Can't wait to kick those redhound puppies to the curb!!!