Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart
MustangSally Wrote:I heard the other day that some returning starters(couple 2+ years starters) have decieded not to play next year. I hope this isn't true but a program like Brossart getting kids out to play is half the battle and running players off doesn't fly very well

It's a tough dynamic at Brossart especially when you throw in the fact you might not have the support of your admin. They had wrestling program a couple of years ago and were drawing grade school kids to participate, possibly increasing future enrollment . Their numbers weren't bad considering you had to compete with state champ campbell co. just a couple miles down the road. But you never got the feeling the AD wanted wrestling especially when the team had to have its award presentation at someones house instead of with the rest of the winter sports. If Brossart is going to make a serious effort to compete they have to have a teaching coach. It's a constant battle promoting a sport when the kids don't have a comfort level with a coaching staff. Losing players and community interest is almost identical to what happened to wrestling. The AD and school admin is letting it fall apart and they"ll blame it on lack of student participation.
wrestling and football are two sports Brossart doesn't understand much about. Its a shame because there aree some athletes at the school.
BB is a private school isn't it?
Yes with the talent to be great. Just have to have good coach And administrators
NCRoughRider Wrote:BB is a private school isn't it?
Why yes it is. Why do you ask?
rebel 4 life Wrote:Yes with the talent to be great. Just have to have good coach And administrators

i dont know about great, they're in the same district as NCC & Holy Cross. Surrounding schools are Highlands, Campbell County and NCC so they wont steal many kids from those schools. I think they can be a solid program with a chance at being good in several years, but they have to do it right. The crazy thing is what's hurting Brossart might help them in football which is a decreasing enrollment. Brossart can be very competitive in 1A, but the school cant afford to lose more kids.
toussaints Wrote:i dont know about great, they're in the same district as NCC & Holy Cross. Surrounding schools are Highlands, Campbell County and NCC so they wont steal many kids from those schools. I think they can be a solid program with a chance at being good in several years, but they have to do it right. The crazy thing is what's hurting Brossart might help them in football which is a decreasing enrollment. Brossart can be very competitive in 1A, but the school cant afford to lose more kids.

I argee. But time will tell