Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bishop Brossart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heard the Mustangs had 5 interviews today for their opening. Unlike the last time they had an actual committee to do the interviews with people who had football knowledge. Hopefully a good coach will emerge:Thumbs: Heard the top two will get call backs
there were around 35 applicants, mostly assistants looking to jump up to a head coaching position. a good mix of guys in state and in neighboring states. i think the committee narrowed it down to around 10 to interview. target date is sometime before the end of the month.

whoever gets it, i hope they understand the situation they're getting into. brossart is competing with ncc, campbell county and highlands for students. the coach then has to compete with a good soccer and cross country program. most of the players they'll have will play multiple sports, and they'll be working with a very low budget. then your current numbers put you in 1A, so right now your playing up a class in one of the toughest, if not the toughest district in 2A with NCC, Holy Cross, Lloyd and Newport. Point is, this is tough job requiring a lot of hard work and extra dedication. all that being said, the kids and the brossart community make it worth it
I find the 35 "applicants" to be some what unbelievable. Maybe around 35 inquirers about the position- coaches wanting to know more specifics before they send in a formal application.
^ i don't think there's really a formal application for a job like this. just trading emails and phone calls.
kind of like getting a letter from a college and then tell your buddies- Hey so and so is recruiting meConfusednicker:
^ :biglmao::biglmao: too true
looks like the Mustangs have made a choice
Lee Teegarden former Pendleton County head coach and Ryle assistant.

Congratulation Coach and Good Luck
WOW!!!!!! is about all i can say about this hire . Brossart couldn't have pick a worst coach than him . I guess they really want to see there program fail with him in charge
^ jarcoach needs a dislike button

players were told today, the school will make it official tomorrow. he had some success at pendleton county so we'll see how it plays out. good luck to the new coach
It will be interesting to see if he can make the transition to this type of school.
Couldn't agree more this coach got fired from Ryle twice and ran countless players off. Feel sorry for the new players.
that is true he did get fired twice from ryle . He will do the same at brossart run alot of the players off as he did at ryle . he just doesn't get it !!!!! on how to relate to his players . Or how to coach i really feel sorry for brossart
jarcoach Wrote:that is true he did get fired twice from ryle . He will do the same at brossart run alot of the players off as he did at ryle . he just doesn't get it !!!!! on how to relate to his players . Or how to coach i really feel sorry for brossart

I SAY THIS IS A GREAT HIRE AND HE IS THEIR PROBLEM NOW. Ryle can finally move on and start building a winning football program again. I bet the roster will increase tremendously next season. THIS Made MY DAY.
YES HE IS THERE PROBLEM NOW . But a new program like this can only be hurt really bad with the wrong coach . And that is the case here this can only set this program back even more and you are right now ryle can start rebuilding that winning way again !!!!
Confusederiously:I don't get it. :HitWall:I hope I'm wrong about this hire but ..............
Not really a whole alot to get here. Have seen first hand what he did to a program almost ruined it by treating players bad and them leaving program hoping it doesn't happen there at brossart . But my gut says it will .
Im not defending Teegarden in anyway, I've heard from several people at Ryle that he was a bad coach. However, I've heard from several current and former coaches at Ryle that some of the parents and program supports were very hard to work with. I'll let Teegarden's coaching at Brossart form my opinion
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2013/0...all-coach/
Teegarden new Bishop Brossart football coach

01/09/13 at 5:14pm by [email=marcwriterdude@yahoo.com]Marc Hardin[/email] Comments

Bishop Brossart today named Lee Teegarden its new football coach, replacing Matt Reinhart.
Brossart athletic director Mel Webster said Teegarden, a former Pendleton County head coach, was selected from 37 applicants, some from as far away as Florida and California.
“Our committee was unanimous with the decision that Lee Teegarden was the best fit,” Webster said.
Teegarden has an extensive coaching background as assistant varsity coach, head junior varsity coach and head freshman coach. He was at Campbell County from 1998-2002, and at Ryle from 2003-05 followed by a second stint with the Raiders.
Teegarden took his first head coaching position from 2006-10 at Pendleton, where he was named Kentucky Football Coaches Association district coach of the year in 2009 after guiding the Wildcats to a 7-4 record following an 0-11 finish the year prior. In 2010, he returned to Ryle as offensive coordinator.
Teegarden’s demonstrated ability to turn around a small program will come in handy for the Mustangs. Bishop Brossart finished 1-9 last season.
From Bishop Brossart:
Bishop Brossart High School today named Lee Teegarden as the school’s new Head Football Coach. He replaces Matt Reinhart. An extensive search for Reinhart’s successor produced 37 applicants.
“Our committee was unanimous with the decision that Lee Teegarden was the best fit to be Head Coach at Bishop Brossart,” said Bishop Brossart Athletic Director Mel Webster “We had applicants from as far away as California, Minnesota and Florida and we wish to express our gratitude and appreciation to all who showed interest in our program.”
Teegarden has an extensive coaching background. He was Assistant Varsity Football Coach, Head Junior Varsity and Head Freshmen Coach at Campbell County High School from 1998-2002.
He was Assistant Football Coach and Offensive Coordinator at Ryle High School from 2003-2005 while doing his Student Teaching and working at Gray Middle School as a Certified Special Education Teacher. He coordinated both the offense and offensive line.
In 2006 he accepted the Head Football Coaching Position at Pendleton County High School where he earned the 2009 “Kentucky Football Coaches Association District Coach of The Year” honors after engineering the Wildcats turnaround from 0-11 to a 7-4 season. Teegarden was a 9th Grade Integrated Social Studies Instructor, 10th Grade World Civilization Instructor and 12th Grade Kentucky Studies Elective Instructor while at Pendleton County from 2006 to 2010.
In 2010 he accepted an offer from Coach Bryson Warner to rejoin the Ryle Staff as Assistant Football Coach and Offensive Coordinator. Ryle enjoyed immediate success. “With Lee as the leader of our offense, we had an outstanding rate of success while competing against some of the toughest teams in the state of Kentucky as well as Ohio,” exclaimed Ryle Head Coach Bryson Warner. “In 2010, we finished ranked 1st in the final Northern Kentucky Coaches’ Poll, and we must give Lee a tremendous amount of credit for that accomplishment.”
Teegarden is excited about joining the Bishop Brossart program. “Bishop Brossart High School has a rich tradition of developing young men and women through the avenues of academics, athletics, faith and community. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to join this outstanding institution in the pursuit of these endeavors. I can’t wait to begin working with the student athletes, and the Brossart community, in the pursuit of these common goals,” he exclaimed.
The 2010 Ryle Raider team scored the 3rd Most Points of all teams in Kentucky’s 6A Division. They finished the season 12-1 after a playoff run that included wins over Madison Central (54-13), Campbell County (38-14), and Simon Kenton (35-14) before falling to State Champion Trinity (28-9).
Coach Bryson Warner also pointed out “Most importantly Lee has the best interest of the players in mind at all times. A lot of our former players would run through a brick wall for Lee, because he taught them true toughness and discipline that has allowed our young men to succeed after football. We will certainly miss Lee, but we are excited about the development of the future of football at Bishop Brossart.”
Coach Teegarden has lived in the Alexandria area for most of his life, and is aware of the tradition and excellence associated with Brossart athletics and academics. His father established a business several years ago in the southern Campbell County area. He is currently teaching at Ockerman Middle School and coaching at Ryle High School. However, he will be joining his father as a partner in his business at the end of this school year. This will allow him to make his own schedule, and will afford Lee the opportunity to work as a head coach from a para professional standpoint.
A committee screened applicants and narrowed the search to five applicants and conducted interviews before recommending Teegarden for the position to Bishop Brossart Principal Richard Stewart. The committee included Hall of Fame Beechwood and Wyoming Head Coach Bernie Barre, longtime Football Official and retired Bishop Brossart coach and faculty member Bill Klopp, Athletic Director Mel Webster and St. Elizabeth Healthcare trainer and former Dixie Heights High School quarterback Chris Unkraut. Other former area coaches were also consulted.
toussaints Wrote:Im not defending Teegarden in anyway, I've heard from several people at Ryle that he was a bad coach. However, I've heard from several current and former coaches at Ryle that some of the parents and program supports were very hard to work with. I'll let Teegarden's coaching at Brossart form my opinion

Toussaints there are some parents at Ryle that can be difficult but you have that everywhere. However, history speaks for itself he got fired twice and he has no regard for his players. He coaches the way his dad taught him with no regard for safety of the players. I feel sorry for the new players.
Yet he did win at Pendleton County, even in the old district, that's still pretty good. Again, I don't know the guy that well, so I'll wait and see how he does in his first 2-3 seasons. Now you've seen him first hand, so you're more credible when it comes to knowing how he coaches, but Brossart had a very good committee put together and they unanimously voted for him
Looks like this new hire will be viewed under a large microscope and justifiably so. Prayers it works out well for all involved!
Brossert has been a huge disappointment. As well as they compete in everything else I expected them to be very competitive by now. They seem to take one step forward and two backwards.
^ it's a new program, and starting a football program takes a few tough years. they had a couple nice teams in 2009 and 2010, getting to the playoffs in a 6 team district. being in 2A has hurt some, but they'll figure it out.
The hiring seems to be mainly financial, since he is not teaching. I know what those kids have I'm store first hand and I am sorry for them.
The School also needs to "figure" it out. Like not scheduling the Homecoming dance on a Friday night while the game was played on Saturday night
E's Army Wrote:Brossert has been a huge disappointment. As well as they compete in everything else I expected them to be very competitive by now. They seem to take one step forward and two backwards.

I know it has already been mentioned in this thread, but it has to be hard for Brossart because they do fight for players with NCC,Campbell, Highlands and probably a few to Cov Cath,Villa Modonna and St. Henry(I know at least 1 family who choose VM over Brossart). It is also hard to get the kids already on good soccer and cross country teams to give that up to play for a football team with a losing record. It will be fun to see what happens.
I heard the other day that some returning starters(couple 2+ years starters) have decieded not to play next year. I hope this isn't true but a program like Brossart getting kids out to play is half the battle and running players off doesn't fly very well
MustangSally Wrote:Confusederiously:I don't get it. :HitWall:I hope I'm wrong about this hire but ..............

:Sad04::eyeroll:
That was his M-O at his previous stop. It seems like it has quickly carried over to his new job.
That's a shame if it's true. But some people can't make the transition from a public school to private one.
Pages: 1 2