Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for Jumpers
Prayers from my family in Independence.
Prayers from the Pond Creek Nation!
Granny Bear Wrote:[quote=jw4914]

What a coincidence!! My baby was the other angel that was flying with the crew!!!!

Looks like BGR has some angels and miracle workers roaming around for
everyone!!! So, COOL!!!!
And the outpouring of love and support; nearly 100 posts in such a short time. Makes me teary, and I don't do that often!!
Smile
Acts 10:27
King James Version (KJV)
27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

I believe The Lord has seen the out pouring of support for these young men. And I also believe that he will pour out his anointing spirit upon them and help them in their recovery. Keep the prayers going up BGR The Lord will prevail and when he does do not forget to give him the glory for it all. I pray GOD blesses each and every one
https://twitter.com/aaronhall1/status/25...28/photo/1

This is from Aaron Hall a Pulaski Maroons Football Senior. Very classy move and i know the prayrs are appreciated.
Matt 19:26 (KJV) But Jesus beheld them,and said unto them,With men this is IMPOSSIBLE;but with GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE..
Ten Pin Spare Wrote:https://twitter.com/aaronhall1/status/25...28/photo/1

This is from Aaron Hall a Pulaski Maroons Football Senior. Very classy move and i know the prayrs are appreciated.

That is AWESOME!!!
Ten Pin Spare Wrote:https://twitter.com/aaronhall1/status/25...28/photo/1

Great kid and as you said very classy of him.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4eGZKRCUAAR55F.jpg]
I think the entire Pulaski Team is wearing the Purple tape tonight...great move by all at Pulaski!
Double thumbs up!
:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Prayers for the young men and families from Bell County.
Praying
Prayers from Raceland.
Granny Bear Wrote:[quote=jw4914]

What a coincidence!! My baby was the other angel that was flying with the crew!!!!

Small, holy spirit driven world, we all live in...Thanks jw and Granny Bear for raising such good kids. Takes a unique, strong, well balanced, quick thinking person to be a flight nurse. I'm guessing they take after their parents ;>!

They're the modern day 4077 M*A*S*H in our country. Now you've got more than bgr in common. Have a great weekend and god bless you both and your children.
Continue Keep Jacobi and Will in your thoughts. They are dealing with some very, very serious injuries and long recoveries. Will is still awaiting surgery and Jacobi has not been released from icu.

On a bright note, their conditions are improving, Tons of visitors are streaming in and I did hear 2 game balls made their way up this afternoon!
Has Wil not had any surgery yet? I thought he was in surgery the night of the wreck or very early the next morning?

Will continue to pray for these two strong young men!
Still praying.

It is truly a blessing to see our BGR family coming together and supporting what truly is the toughest of times for these families and communities.
You got prayers going out in Lawrence County.
Our prayers are going out to you from Breathitt County as well. As everyone knows we lost one of our players on July 28th this year. I hope your boys don't have to go through what our boys did and bury a teammate and brother because that's what these kids are to each other they are as close as brothers. Anyway we are praying for those kids and believing they will be OK!
Factsonly Wrote:Our prayers are going out to you from Breathitt County as well. As everyone knows we lost one of our players on July 28th this year. I hope your boys don't have to go through what our boys did and bury a teammate and brother because that's what these kids are to each other they are as close as brothers. Anyway we are praying for those kids and believing they will be OK!

I'm sorry to hear that and just know I love the success you guys have had despite the circumstances. I have been and will be rooting for you guys for the rest of the season. I love the mutual respect that we have for each other and hope for a continued series with you guys in the future. We really appreciate your prayers and support. God bless.

Jumper Dad Wrote:Has Wil not had any surgery yet? I thought he was in surgery the night of the wreck or very early the next morning?

Will continue to pray for these two strong young men!

Will is set for surgery on Monday. Apparently surgeons don't work on the weekends, smh... Anyways, I've been incredibly happy and inspired by the outpouring of support that Will and Jacobi have received from throughout the state. I told him today while I was with him about all the prayers he has received from you guys on here. It is really humbling to see how much the people of our great state rally around one of their own as if they were family and offer their prayers and support. Thanks again BGR!!!
Dont mean to be too nosey, but what are the injuries the boys received?
It is by God's grace that these boys injuries weren't more severe. They both have multiple facial fractures. Will's left arm has what looks like road rash from his window and being hit by the semi. He also has a broken hip. Hopefully that will be repaired soon!!! I heard there was internal injuries but do not know details. He was awake and talking on the scene and knew the boys who visited him in the hospital. Groggy and in pain but alert. Jacobi had bleeding on the brain the night of the wreck, he was in a drug induced coma until late Thursday night. Once he was awake he was talking and doing well. He did not have a collapsed lung as first believed. Their team mates have reported that the boys looked really good yesterday. I am very proud to be a member of this community and this state. The outpour of love on this site has been amazing. God bless.
RoShamBo Wrote:Will is set for surgery on Monday. Apparently surgeons don't work on the weekends, smh... Anyways, I've been incredibly happy and inspired by the outpouring of support that Will and Jacobi have received from throughout the state. I told him today while I was with him about all the prayers he has received from you guys on here. It is really humbling to see how much the people of our great state rally around one of their own as if they were family and offer their prayers and support. Thanks again BGR!!!

Ro, glad to hear you were given emergency leave to be with your family.
http://somerset-kentucky.com/local/x1939...-on-Friday

PC, SWHS honor injured Briar Jumpers on Friday
somerset-kentucky.com
Rivalries may form boundary lines between schools on the field of play, but in times of crisis, competitors know when to cross those line
[quote=RoShamBo]I'm sorry to hear that and just know I love the success you guys have had despite the circumstances. I have been and will be rooting for you guys for the rest of the season. I love the mutual respect that we have for each other and hope for a continued series with you guys in the future. We really appreciate your prayers and support. God bless.i

Thank you for your support of our team. We too have respect for you guys as well! You guys have an awesome team! I wish you guys the best of luck for the rest of the season I would love to see you guys win state this year and will be rooting for you to do just that! We will continue to pray for these boys! Please keep us updated on their condition. Tell them the whole Breathitt County Bobcat football team is praying for their quick recovery and we are praying for their teammates and their families as well! May God Bless and keep his had on the them!
Continued prayers for their road to recovery! May God strengthen them and their families.
Here is the full story from the CJ, if you have trouble with links:

Rivalries may form boundary lines between schools on the field of play, but in times of crisis, competitors know when to cross those lines.
That’s what the area saw on Friday night when Somerset High School’s in-county rivals Southwestern High School and Pulaski County High School took special measures to honor the Somerset Briar Jumpers’ fallen comrades.
Pulaski’s players wore a purple patch with the jersey numbers of SHS’s Will Hinton and Jacobi Gilmore on back of their helmets. Southwestern’s team had on purple wristbands.
Johnny Hines, coach of the PCHS Maroons, said that it was one of his players, senior wide receiver Aaron Hall, who came up with the idea for his team. Hall is no stranger to adversity, being born with one hand that doesn’t have fully-grown fingers.
He was also friends with the injured Somerset players, who are currently at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington in serious condition. Hinton, 17, and Gilmore, 16, were in a life-threatening accident Thursday, when the car Hinton was driving collided with a tractor trailer while pulling onto East Ky. 80 from Barnett Street after football practice.
“Several kids on our team were friends with several of the Somerset players,” said Hines. “We’re praying for (Hinton and Gilmore) and hope they’re okay.”
Hines noted that some of his players had also written the jersey numbers of the SHS players on their wristbands.
“I think it shows a lot of character,” said Hines of his players’ actions. “We go out on the football field and we want to win — we want to beat each other’s brains out on the field — but when something like this happens, everyone (cares). You never want to see something terrible like that happen to any school’s players.”
PCHS beat Madison Southern in a tight 37-36 contest Friday night, and Hines acknowledged the extra inspiration might have helped his players.
“It’s just a way of realizing how fortunate you are,” he said. “Sometimes we can take things for granted.”
Southwestern coach Andy Stephens did not immediately return a phone call Saturday to comment on his own team’s statement.
Robbie Lucas, Somerset’s own football coach, wasn’t sure how many of his players knew of the tribute by their rivals, but he heard about it at about 11 p.m. Friday night after his own team’s emotional win over longtime nemesis Danville, 24-7.
“I was very grateful,” said Lucas. “I know there tends to be a lot of bad blood in sports, but it just proves there are quality people on both sides.”
Lucas said that Hines had texted him on a couple of occasions and told him to “keep (his) head up.”
As far as how Hinton and Gilmore are doing, Lucas said that the staff at the hospital was “going to try to get (Gilmore) up and walking,” and that Hinton’s surgery has been put off until Monday.
While the win over Danville “returned some normalcy” to his team’s collective life, Lucas knows how much this incident puts everything in perspective.
“What happened Thursday afternoon kind of supersedes what happened (on the field),” said Lucas. “... I don’t think it’s a complete win because we had to take the field without those two young men.”

http://somerset-kentucky.com/local/x1939...-on-Friday
So great to see the support from the other schools and across the state. To elaborate on what some others have said, Jacobi has nearly all injuries on his head, including several skull fractures, the bleeding on the brain and I believe a broken jaw. Wills are much more widespread, as his pelvis is broken in 2 places, orbital bones, i believe cheekbones might be as well, arm is banged up and his jaw. The only internal damage on will that i heard was a lacerated kidney. Got to think their peak physical condition led to less internal injuries. These boys are TOUGH.