Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for Jumpers
Prayers from across the lake. May God be with these boys and their families tonight and in the coming days.
prayers from northern ky. I drive that stretch quite often. so sad but hoping for a positive outcome
Prayers for these two young men, their families and the truck driver. May God Bless you all.
many prayers from the Holy Cross community, any update on their status?
I heard Jacobi had a collapsed lung and bleeding on the brain and Wil had severe cuts and a broken pelvis...may not be correct but I heard this from a couple of people. Seeing the car, God was with them.
Jumper Dad Wrote:http://somerset-kentucky.com/archive/x1939583483

I am not an emotional person but, this picture really brought it out in me. It appeared that they were leaving from football practice. This really makes you realize that this could have happened to anyone and how quickly your life can be turned upside down. I will really be praying hard for these boys and as others have said, we are all Briar Jumpers tonight. I am gonna try my best to make it to Danville tomorrow to show my support for the team and these boys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Heartbreaking for them and their families...we love you guys! I've heard the same injuries as you said above. Jacobi is in critical condition. It is true, they were leaving practice and headed to team dinner. Stay strong boys!!
Jumper Dad Wrote:I heard Jacobi had a collapsed lung and bleeding on the brain and Wil had severe cuts and a broken pelvis...may not be correct but I heard this from a couple of people. Seeing the car, God was with them.

I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything JD, thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
Prayers from Hardin County sent your way!
Terrible news, every parents nightmare. Pull through guys.
Corbin hound sends prayers for the boys & their families! Praying for peace, strength & healing power for these young men.
We here in Lawrence County will be praying for them and their families. God be with them all.
Just saw Will, one of the most heart wrenching things.. Strong kid, Strong heart. Just goes to show how little the game of football is compared to a life.
I just wanted to say thank you to all the members on here for the prayers, love and support. As several of the Jumper fans on here know, Will is my younger brother so I'm especially appreciative of all of the prayers you guys have offered him and Jacobi here tonight. With everything I am hearing it sounds like they are both going to be ok for now it is just going to be a long process. After seeing the car and hearing about the nature of the accident I can't help but think God had a hand in protecting these two. Keep up the prayers everyone because it would appear God is listening!! Thanks again BGR!
Prayers said for all involved. Kinda puts things in perspective.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Thoughts and prayers from the Red Devil nation.
Thanks so much for the update RoShamBo. This truely is every parent's nightmare. It makes my heart skip to see/hear things like this. I'm so thankful that you have good news!!!
Praying for Briar Jumper Nation
We heard about the accident tonight at Williamsburg's Thursday night bonfire right after the team dinner. Lots of love and prayers heading to you, Jumpers. I could be wrong, but I think both Jacobi and Will played in the Middle School East-West All-Star Game a couple of years ago with some of our kids.

All the best for a quick and complete recovery. Hang in there boys and same to your parents, family and friends.
Prayers from Bath Co. I have family down there who are Jumpers and know how close the program is. May God be with them.
Prayers for these young men from the bobcat nation
Thoughts and prayers from everyone here at Johnson Central.
RoShamBo Wrote:I just wanted to say thank you to all the members on here for the prayers, love and support. As several of the Jumper fans on here know, Will is my younger brother so I'm especially appreciative of all of the prayers you guys have offered him and Jacobi here tonight. With everything I am hearing it sounds like they are both going to be ok for now it is just going to be a long process. After seeing the car and hearing about the nature of the accident I can't help but think God had a hand in protecting these two. Keep up the prayers everyone because it would appear God is listening!! Thanks again BGR!

Our Hearts and Prayers from Panther Nation are with you all . God Bless.
Prayers going up, blessings coming down for these boys, families, teams and community.
Thoughts and prayers go out to these young men and their families.
Saw a tweet earlier from one of Danville's players saying that he was praying for the Somerset players. I thought that was really great of him.
i hope these boys will be ok for a positive outcome my prayers go out to their families friends and players
Prayers from the Whitley County faithful.

I hate when stuff like this happens, especially during the season for all these young men.

Hopefully we will get a miracle and see these boys back on the field this year.

Any new updates?
Just found this article.
The boys have been upgraded from Critical to Serious condition.
Obviously there no where close to bein out of the woods, but thats a start in the right direction.

A community is united in prayer after two Somerset High School football players were rushed to the hospital in a car crash.

It happened in front of Meece Middle School on Kentucky 80 at Barnett Street right after the teens finished football practice.

17-year-old Will Hinton and 16-year-old Jacobi Gilmore were both airlifted to UK Hospital where their conditions have improved to seroius from critical.

In football, team is family, and Thursday night the Somerset High School football team is praying for two of their own.

"Our hope and prayers is that they're fine. Our team is together right now, and we're praying for them. We know they are going to be ok," says Head Coach Robbie Lucas.

The two teens were injured in a car crash as they were leaving football practice. Somerset Police say Hinton was making a left-hand turn onto Kentucky 80 from Barnett Street and drove into the path of a tractor-trailer. Both Hinton and Gilmore were airlifted to UK hospital with head trauma.

Somerset Police say it's possible the sun was blinding.

"One of the things we're going to look at is weather conditions," says Lt. Shannon Smith with the Somerset Police Department.

"No one really knew what happened at first," says George Gilmore. He is Jacobi Gilmore's cousin, and is a teammate of both teens. He says as a freshman, he looks up to Hinton, a senior.

"He's always trying to help others," says George Gilmore.

On and off the field, Will and Jacobi are inseperable. In tonight's prayer vigil, the community shows they are with the teens and their families in this time of need.

"Stay close to each other. Stay tight. Let the doctors do what they have to do and rely on each other," says Coach Lucas.

Those life lessons of teammwork and togetherness learned from football, are helping the teammates now. At the prayer vigil open to the community at 8 pm, players, coaches, and community members signed cards and posters for the teens.

The driver of the tractor-trailer was taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.

http://www.lex18.com/news/conditions-of-...to-serious
Prayers an thoughts for the team,fans,and family of these young men from the Panther Nation