Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for Jumpers
Acts 10:27
King James Version (KJV)
27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

God has truly looked down and seen the people that has came together in this time of need. Praise be to GOD that he is a healing God and that he can reach down and touch these two boys. Keep the prayers going up BGR. I know they are much appreciated. It's amazing to see the people come together in today's time we are living in. GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY!!!!!!
I love to see all the people from all over this state come together like this. Some of us have a great distance between us and a lot of differences but when things are put into perspective like this situation has,then we are all Kentuckians. I love it and it is great to hear that the boys are doing better!
Thank God these 2 Young Men are getting better, Just shows that Football Fans are Great People and can come together for the good of 1 when the situation is there. Thanks to all the Support and Prayers. Prayers Work. Praise God.
From Breathitt Co. Like Factsonly said, we lost one of our boys on July 28th right before season. He was an awesome, young, Christian boy with a bright future! He is sadly missed!! He's on God's playing field now and definitely on the winning team!! That situation devastated all our boys. We will definitely keep these young men in our thoughts and prayers. Prayer is a powerful thing.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Phillipians 4:19 My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.
This is from the song that Mac Powell sings on K-Love based on Isaish 53:5:
He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our sins. The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him and BY HIS WOUNDS, BY HIS WOUNDS WE ARE HEALED!!!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!
Had to share the pictures from tonight. Heath and Devin had their hair cut with Will and Jacobi's numbers on the sides and pink mohawks for cancer awareness month. I think the boys look great! The guys with Will [Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/s...1/will.jpg] The guys with Jacobi. [Image: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v313/s...jacobi.jpg]
Try the second picture again. The guys with Jacobi. [Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/s...jacobi.jpg]
It sounds like the boys continue to imporove, and I'm so very thankful of that!!
Great to see both boys are improving.......Good luck Jumpers
2 great kids on and off the field. praying for all the families involved.
I'm so glad to hear the boys are doing better! Thank God for that and good luck Jumpers!:Thumbs:
Been away for a few days. Glad to see these boys are improving. Also, as many have said, great to see all the prayers & support.

We will continue to pray for full recoveries of both boys. Prayers to the families and all involved.
Last update I had was, Jacobie Gilmore was being released from UK to Cardinal Hill to begin rehab and Will Hinton had been updated to Fair Condition. Both are up and twittering and txting their friends and teammates.
Great to hear!!!
BR Callahan, an off duty firefighter was first on the scene after the accident last Thursday. He told someone at the game Friday that he never goes home the way he went last Thursday. God wanted him to change his regular path that day to save 2 teenagers lives!!!

Here is video from WLEX News

http://www.lex18.com/videos/will-hinton-...-recovery/

One week ago, Somerset High School football players Will Hinton and Jacobi Gilmore were both injured in a car crash, but Friday night they are both doing better. Jacobi Gilmore is in rehabiliation at Cardinal Hill Hospital, and Will Hinton is home from the hospital. Will attended the home football game, and LEX18 spoke to him and the man who helped save his life.

The Briar Jumpers' home football game is a homecoming for Will Hinton.

"All my family and my team is still here. I'm not playing with them, but they are there for me, and I'm still with them," says Will.

He's still recovering from a broken pelvis and a broken jaw, but not only can he talk, his family says he still has the same sense of humor.

"He's very positive. He's Will, cutting up making jokes. He always will be Will. You can't take that away from him," says Will's mother's fiance, Max Messamore.

"I'm not playing football anymore, but I'm not dead. I'm seventeen. I'm alive," says Will. "I don't like people to look at me and get sad. That doesn't help the situation. A smile on somebody else's face helps me as much as them."

Will says he doesn't remember much of the car crash, where a tractor-trailer t-boned his car, but he talks to his best friend Jacobi Gilmore everyday.

During the night of special moments, another one, when the off-duty EMT credited with helping saving their lives was honored at the game. A firefighter for twenty years, B.R. Callahan heard the crash in front of him, and arrived at the scene seconds after it happened. He broke the back window of the car and stabilized both teenagers. He made sure Will's neck was straight, and prevented Jacobi Gilmore from suffocating due to the amount of blood.

"I've been a firefighter for twenty years, and it seems like the Lord just gives you strength when you need it."

Will Hinton will get surgery for his jaw this week, and his family says while it will be a long road to recovery, Will is determined to walk again.
Wow! I finished reading this with tears in my eyes. What a testimony to life that these young men are giving!!

I am so thankful that they are heading toward a good ending, and wish them the very best in their bright futures!!
^Well spoken Granny Bear!
Anyone know how these boys are doing today?

Still praying for you guys.
As of Friday night, Will Hinton had been released from UK and attended the Somerset/LCA game on the sideline and Jacobie Gilmore had also been released from UK, but was at Cardinal Hill for some rehabilitation.
It was pretty cool to see Will at the game Friday... He's a tough kid and proved it Friday but him being there makes it easy to overshadow the recovery he has ahead. You could tell he was hurting and exhausted by halftime. Prayers for Will as he goes into surgery this week. Hopefully Jacobi will be home and resting soon as well.
Please keep us updated. There's many of us over the area who are concerned and check this thread often for updates.
Great to see these young men doing better. Awesome to see God's prayer warriers come together for them!:Cheerlead God listens and does hasten to our requests. Bless You Guys!!!:rockon: