Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. 14 Somerset 7
You can barely see the bright orange markers from the other side of he field in this one..

[Image: http://somerset-kentucky.smugmug.com/Spo...4789-M.jpg]
I wish we had a newspaper capable of uploading pics to their site.
Sadly, we do not, even though they have a site.
say what you will, those kids will always have the memory of playing in something like that!
playtowin Wrote:We ARE giving Whitley credit for their defense taking advantage. How is a turnover and thrown interception on our part for their only tds not us giving than game away to them? They won because they played better hence the score but WE made it easier. Until we had problems no one had scored. And technically somerset was the only team that scored off of our own will power alone.
I think the problem is that you make it sound like Whitley had nothing to do with the turnovers and mistakes that your team made. Whitley is a good team and good teams will make you make mistakes.
agreed we gave it away tonight. Not sure what I'm going to think about our stat line tonight... We seem to enjoy keeping the game close by helping out our opponents. Need to figure this out. It's not okay when we LET them win because of interceptions and unsportsmanlike penalties.

just sayin:pondering:
Nobody let us win we came and took that victory away from the jumpers. Some act like we dont even have a football team . We had our share of fumbles but we recovered them . And the touchdown somerset scored was given to them by a ref 15 yards off the play. The side judge right by the play had it marked off a yard short.:please:
whitley county just outplayed the briar jumpers in the second half with great d and okay offense
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/6rn4e...1kqxfz.jpg]

I thought this was a good game but, as bad as the fog got in the 2nd Half, it had to be almost impossible for the quarterbacks to see their receivers down field. I kinda felt bad for the radio announcers because they couldn't see the field especially in the 4th quarter! IMO, this game should have been called or postponed as bad as the fog was.

Congrats on the win WC!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Fog was crazy!
colonelking69 Wrote:Nobody let us win we came and took that victory away from the jumpers. Some act like we dont even have a football team . We had our share of fumbles but we recovered them . And the touchdown somerset scored was given to them by a ref 15 yards off the play. The side judge right by the play had it marked off a yard short.:please:

Somersets td came off a bad snap on a punt and a td throw from 20 out... Whitley has a good team, so do the jumpers, both will be fine.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somersets td came off a bad snap on a punt and a td throw from 20 out... Whitley has a good team, so do the jumpers, both will be fine.

LET ME SAY CONG: TO Whitley Co. Coach Black, Coach Boz and rest of the Staff. You have a fine Ball Club. It's easy to blame everyone and everything when you get Beat. Somerset you are 4-2 a lot of teams would Love to be 4-2 so get over it. Last year at this same point in time we were 3-3. Yes we made some mistakes and yes there were some play's called that I didn't understand. We are Beat up 5 kids did not play in the 2nd half (9 positions because some play 2 ways). Friday was just a football game that did not go our way. There are plenty to work on. Let's get ready for the most important Game (to this point) of the Season. Go Jumpers. Beat Danville.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[Image: http://somerset-kentucky.smugmug.com/Spo...4554-M.jpg]

looks like a little bit of a pass interference in this one haha
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:looks like a little bit of a pass interference in this one haha

I would agree 100% but it is only illegal if you get caught.....I am sure that they missed some holding calls on Somerset since they did not have one called all night.

but seriously lets not mare the discussion about bad refs, we heard enough of that before the game.
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:looks like a little bit of a pass interference in this one haha

This is the play Will Hinton got hurt on. It was holding and it probley would have been another score for Jumpers.
Sorry about the player getting hurt, football is a collision sport.

But we will never know if he would have caught the ball or not....just like last Monday night, the play will stand.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we all would have a merry Christmas......

But since you brought it up.....are you completely sure the Somerset TD was a TD.....seriously, the official 6 feet from the play did not rule it a TD the back judge had to come over and tell him it was a TD. Certainly makes you wonder about it just a little bit.

Listen missed calls are also a part of the game just like injuries. You either live with it, prepare for it and move on....or you spend a large amount of time complaining about something you can never change.Confusedhh:
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Sorry about the player getting hurt, football is a collision sport.

But we will never know if he would have caught the ball or not....just like last Monday night, the play will stand.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we all would have a merry Christmas......

But since you brought it up.....are you completely sure the Somerset TD was a TD.....seriously, the official 6 feet from the play did not rule it a TD the back judge had to come over and tell him it was a TD. Certainly makes you wonder about it just a little bit.

Listen missed calls are also a part of the game just like injuries. You either live with it, prepare for it and move on....or you spend a large amount of time complaining about something you can never change.Confusedhh:
I'm not Complaining or making excuses. You won OK, get on with Perry Central and we will move On to Danville Good Luck.
It was the first game i had watched in that kind of mud. We had a game last year at rockcastle with the fog almost that bad . As i said somerset has a good team and i do hope they win it all . GOOD LUCK JUMPERS . Oh yeah that slaughter kid is a BEAST.:Thumbs:
Cellking Wrote:I'm not Complaining or making excuses. You won OK, get on with Perry Central and we will move On to Danville Good Luck.

No, I am having way too much fun jerking your chain.

And I can multi-task, I can mess with you and still comment on other thread....LOL.

I was only commenting on your comment, you can move on just as easily as me, but you still want to talk about "if" so I was commenting back. Unless of course the rules have changed and you get to comment and I don't...LOL (which I am sure you would love)

Good Luck with Danville!!!
Good Luck with Perry Central.