Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. 14 Somerset 7
Final

Can't say much about this one right now. Disappointed in the Somerset coaching staff though. Jumpers should have won this one even with four starters out, five by the end of the game.
Congrats Colonels! Sounds like a defensive battle to say the least!
^ agreed we gave it away tonight. Not sure what I'm going to think about our stat line tonight... We seem to enjoy keeping the game close by helping out our opponents. Need to figure this out. It's not okay when we LET them win because of interceptions and unsportsmanlike penalties.
Whitley is a little underrated.
^Whitley County is a good team, Somerset is too, but Whitley is not a team to feel bad to lose to. Sure a loss stinks, but for those of us who have watched the Colonels play, they are for real. The Bobcats and Lakers did beat them, but it just shows how good those teams are.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great win for a Whitley team who is finding their mojo.

Somerset has to be a little concerned. There is no doubt they have a State Championship Defense,,, but I am wondering if their offense has enough firepower to even get them out of the 2nd Round.
I called this game but didn't think I would. I had a gut feeling that wouldn't let me go when my mind was convinced to pick Somerset. Now I know why a person should stick with their gut.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The offense has the talent to get the job done. The play calling is what is killing us offensively. Something needs to change quick because the offensive play calling was a joke tonight. We ran the ball with success all night long, then we would throw it two or three straight times and give it right back to them. Somerset won everywhere but where it mattered, the scoreboard.
Ugly Game, neither team could really move the ball with any consistency. Stupid penalties on both sides just killed them both.

Congrats Whitley!

Jumpers get ready, Danville is waiting next week.
Hinton went down again tonight with the ankle, and Bryson Jones goes down after getting hit in the neck which has been plaguing him for a while. Jumpers are battered and bruised heading into the games that matter now. Full strength this team should be a tough out, let's just hope we can get that way.
Whitley might be underrated BUT unfortunately tonight, Whitney's offense cannot necessarily take credit for the win, more some of our offensive play calling and performance can take credit for the loss. Congratulations to Whitley for taking advantage and riding it out to the end. I want to see the somerset sharpeness I know we have to come out. We're a great team so lets play like it and get some calls and action that show the other teams we mean business... Everyone is always nervous to play us so I don't want to give futures teams more hope than they need.

Any reason they let Hinton play every week with limp? Why not let him heal? He might be a bit determined but it obviously was not the best decision.
Whitley Co.was not much, Somersets Q-back was there best player. Coaches need to teach him he can't pass the ball past the line of scrimmage.
^Maybe I'm a little too close but I didn't think Hinton should have played tonight either. I know it is his senior year and I know how bad he wants it this year, but next week we will really miss him if he can't go.
No big surprise here, but let me get this straight:

2011 Jumper vs Colonels
1) Home cooked referring gave WC the game

2012 Colonels vs Jumpers
1) Home cooked referring could overcome our coaching staffs horrible play calling
2) The Colonels didn't really win the game...........the Jumpers handed it to them

Congrats WC
Whitley County wins the Fog Bowl
Somerset made some costly turnovers and had some unnecessary penalties that hurt them in the end.
laker20 Wrote:No big surprise here, but let me get this straight:

2011 Jumper vs Colonels

2012 Colonels vs Jumpers
1) Home cooked referring could overcome our coaching staffs horrible play calling
2) The Colonels didn't really win the game...........the Jumpers handed it to them

Congrats WC

I invite you to watch the game film and tell me that anything I have said in this thread is inaccurate. Also, check and see where I have blamed a loss on the refs in all of my 3+ years on this site. I'll save you the trouble, I haven't. If you weren't there and you didnt see film then how can you judge a fanbase's opinion on the outcome?
laker20 Wrote:No big surprise here, but let me get this straight:

2011 Jumper vs Colonels

2012 Colonels vs Jumpers

Congrats WC
Were you at the game? If not then you don't know what you are talking about.

Both teams had tons of stupid penalties, Somerset Personal Fouls (3 maybe 4) and Whitley Co. False Starts (maybe 5 or more). Jumpers play calling didn't cost them this game their execution and Whitleys D did. Whitley scored off of a short field turnover inside the Somerset 30 and a pick 6.

After watching this game I don't see either team advancing far the way they are playing. Maybe both D's are really that good but neither offense looked like they could score in a brothel.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Were you at the game? If not then you don't know what you are talking about.

Both teams had tons of stupid penalties, Somerset Personal Fouls (3 maybe 4) and Whitley Co. False Starts (maybe 5 or more). Jumpers play calling didn't cost them this game their execution and Whitleys D did. Whitley scored off of a short field turnover inside the Somerset 30 and a pick 6.

After watching this game I don't see either team advancing far the way they are playing. Maybe both D's are really that good but neither offense looked like they could score in a brothel.

Didn't have to be at the game, I was just recapping the comments from the Jumper faithful 2011 vs 2012. I find it funny how some people can't give credit to a team that beat them. We all have them in our fan base, just seems that the Patch has more than some of us.
laker20 Wrote:Didn't have to be at the game, I was just recapping the comments from the Jumper faithful 2011 vs 2012. I find it funny how some people can't give credit to a team that beat them. We all have them in our fan base, just seems that the Patch has more than some of us.

We ARE giving Whitley credit for their defense taking advantage. How is a turnover and thrown interception on our part for their only tds not us giving than game away to them? They won because they played better hence the score but WE made it easier. Until we had problems no one had scored. And technically somerset was the only team that scored off of our own will power alone.
Good win WC
Congrats to Whitley in proving you deserve respect from anyone. Somerset faithful are probably correct on their evaluation of the game but Whitlley at the very least has EARNED everyone's respect after this game and their game against Bell County.
[Image: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...7813_n.jpg]

and it got worse!!!
Jumper Dad Wrote:[Image: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...7813_n.jpg]

and it got worse!!!

That's awesome. We had the same thing tonight, but it only lasted a few minutes. Britt had a 65 or so TD run and I told my son they lost him in the fog.
laker20 Wrote:Didn't have to be at the game, I was just recapping the comments from the Jumper faithful 2011 vs 2012. I find it funny how some people can't give credit to a team that beat them. We all have them in our fan base, just seems that the Patch has more than some of us.

Congrats to Whitley on the win and capitalizing on the turnovers. I apologize if any of my comments upset any of the Whitley fanbase. I wasn't trying to take anything away or knock them in any way. I was mostly trying to discuss what WE did wrong with OUR fans on here as to why we cost ourselves the win.

That said, this is a discussion board. If I have an opinion on the game then I am going to put it out there. Both teams had penalties, both teams had turnovers, but IMO Somerset's coaching was the difference in this game. I state my opinion on every game I have the privilege to watch or listen to, and that is all I've done in this game. Again, please find me the threads where I have refused to give a team credit for a win. They don't exist.
Congrats Whitley form the HC faithful....you are not underrated in our book....our district will be a dog fight for the home field advantage in the playoffs.

and it got worse!!!

And we continued to throw the ball in that mess, no one else sees anything wrong with that?
RoShamBo Wrote:Congrats to Whitley on the win and capitalizing on the turnovers. I apologize if any of my comments upset any of the Whitley fanbase. I wasn't trying to take anything away or knock them in any way. I was mostly trying to discuss what WE did wrong with OUR fans on here as to why we cost ourselves the win.

That said, this is a discussion board. If I have an opinion on the game then I am going to put it out there. Both teams had penalties, both teams had turnovers, but IMO Somerset's coaching was the difference in this game. I honestly could care less about your opinion of the Briar Jumper fanbase. We will be just fine without support in Russell Springs I am sure. I state my opinion on every game I have the privilege to watch or listen to, and that is all I've done in this game.

Keep calling them the way you see them RoShamBo. I support the Jumpers......hope they make back to state and bring home the win. Just seems that some fans don't have the class that you do.

and it got worse!!!

I see myself. haha
laker20 Wrote:Keep calling them the way you see them RoShamBo. I support the Jumpers......hope they make back to state and bring home the win. Just seems that some fans don't have the class that you do.

Thank you and I apologize for the defensiveness. It's what I get for posting after a loss like this one. It is not this loss that bothers me so much. Obviously I wanted to win but it was not to get revenge for what may or may not have happened last year. I have respect for the Whitley fanbase and program. It is because I, along with the rest of the Briar Jumper fanbase, are still looking for this team to show their identity that I am disappointed. Personal foul penalties, lack of execution, poor play calling, that lies with the coaching staff. The talent is there. I said it early that this team has the tools to bring that first title back to Somerset, but there is much improvement to be made on and off the field if that is even going to be a possibility.