Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain TOP 10
I stated last year the only time I care about rankings are the ones in December. But it is an honor to be on this list and teams do care about being in the Mountain Top 10. As for the #1 spot all it does is put a target on your back, Harlan County went to Log Mtn. last year #1 and I think it put a little more go in the Bobcats go!

I do enjoy anticipating the next weeks rankings it's just one of the things WYMT does for Mountain Football!
over all, its not bad. ill let ya know if prestonsburg should be in after tonights game at hazard!
Delete.
Russell Co. doesn't really get coverage from any news station, I only remember a TV crew showing up once and that was when we hosted Monquantae Gibson and Moore in the playoffs.

Too far South for Lexington coverage.
Too far east for Bowling Green coverage.
Too far west for Mountain coverage.
Where is Morgan County? They are undefeated. They are in the coverage area and they are in Breathitt's district.
breathitt co. should not be no more the top 10
if they r so good how did jchs beat them the last four years then breathitt backs out of new deal
1- knox
2- harlan
3- jchs or belfry--bell county
toss up

4-williamsburg- or whitley
5-breathitt co
6-hazard
7-morgan-- perry county---prestonburg--- sc
8-- knox harlan jchs belfry bell county williamsburg whitley r the real deal:redboxer:
eagles2011 Wrote:breathitt co. should not be no more the top 10
if they r so good how did jchs beat them the last four years then breathitt backs out of new deal
1- knox
2- harlan
toss up

5-breathitt co
6-hazard
8-- knox harlan jchs belfry bell county williamsburg whitley r the real deal:redboxer:

No one backed out of a deal. Both Breathitt and Johnson Central had scheduling conflicts so a deal wasn't finalized. I thought you would have better grammer considering Johnson Central having such high academic standards. Congrats Johnson Central on your big win over Ironton.
1- knox
2- harlan
toss up

5-breathitt co
6-hazard

Wait, Knox at #1, Harlan at #2? 2 loss nearly got beat by GRC Harlan at 2, over Belfry and Bell County? That alone was enough to make me say to myself "Okay, dude has no idea what he's talking about". but now really, your list, is it a toss up at #3 with Johnson Central, Belfry, and Bell? Because if so, what in god's name is going on at #8? I'm confused.
1- knox
2- harlan
toss up

5-breathitt co
6-hazard

I am a JC fan and I agree some with what you are saying. Here is my math:

1 Bell Co until someone beats them

Knox has beat both JC and Harlan, but both these teams have played a tough schedule. JC out smashmouthed a very big and talented and ranked Ohio team in Ironton. harlan beat a tough GRC team. JC and Belfry will play later on so this will settle this part of the puzzle.

These teams are miles above any of the rest of the top ten. They are more physical and deep, case closed.

Until Breattit starts scheduling quality opponents, it is hard to rank them as high as they are. Big difference beating quality TN, Ohio, WV and Central, KY teams than average or below average Mountin Teams.

And too, no way the A or AA schools in the poll could play with the top 5. I see it as this:

1) Bell Co
2) Knox of Belfry
3) Harlan Co or JC

4) Breatthit Co and the rest
Ranking:
No sure what being used to complete the ranking. However, I took a look at each team and compared their opponent’s winning %. I feel like this would give me a good point of reference.
Team Wins Losses Team Winning %
Bell (5-1) W25 L14 64%
Knox (7-0)W19 L25 43%
Belfry (5-1) W12 L27 30%
Breathitt County (7-0) W13 L30 30%
Johnson Central (5-1) W 25 L13 66%
Harlan County (4-2) W19 L25 43%
Williamsburg W14 L 22 39 %
Summerset (4-2)W23 L15 61%
Whitley C. (4-2) W 23 L15 61%
Pulaski Co. (4-2) W 25 L16 61%

My Ranking would be:
1: Bell County
2: Knox County
3: Johnson Central
4: Breathitt Co.
5: Belfry
6: Harlan County
7: Whitley Co.
8: Somerset
9: Pulaski County
10: Williamsburg

After reviewing the opponents winning % the question that needs to be ask is why is Belfry ranked 2nd? This is no disrespect directed toward Belfry they may end up being the best team in the MT. However, at this point in time they have not earned the ranking. We will get a better read of Belfry after the Ashland Game.
The same can be said for Breathitt County if not for the fact they are undefeated.