Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howard Stern Interviews and Exposes Obama Supporters
ronald reagan Wrote:My understanding of dignitatis humanae (from Pope Paul VI) is that government has a responsibility to treat all citizens equally, and allow them to practice their faith free from coercion. This along with my belief that government today is evil in itself, leads me to support freedom from government, freedom of religion, and support for equal rights. I do not support gay marriage in the sense that I'd officiate, attend, or condone. I just believe in the freedom of man according to the principles this nation was founded upon. Life, limb, or property..... gay marriage takes nothing from me, or you. Therefor, I support legalization of it proudly.

And will no longer refer to myself as a 'true christian', as it seems a bit egotistical and narrow minded. I will follow my faith, and continue the fight.

Thanks.

So be it. Just be careful in claiming to be a "hardline Catholic" when you are, most likely, a cafeteria Catholic. While you can do as you please, It would not be good for anyone to confuse a so-called "hardline Catholic" with a "serious Catholic". The Catholic Church has, as I said earlier, a number of non-negotiable tenets. Those aren't open to personal alteration.
\
And, you are welcome.
ronald reagan Wrote:My understanding of dignitatis humanae (from Pope Paul VI) is that government has a responsibility to treat all citizens equally, and allow them to practice their faith free from coercion. This along with my belief that government today is evil in itself, leads me to support freedom from government, freedom of religion, and support for equal rights. I do not support gay marriage in the sense that I'd officiate, attend, or condone. I just believe in the freedom of man according to the principles this nation was founded upon. Life, limb, or property..... gay marriage takes nothing from me, or you. Therefor, I support legalization of it proudly.

And will no longer refer to myself as a 'true christian', as it seems a bit egotistical and narrow minded. I will follow my faith, and continue the fight.

Thanks.
Brilliant. Maybe there are a few out there that can save me from my detest of religion.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:So be it. Just be careful in claiming to be a "hardline Catholic" when you are, most likely, a cafeteria Catholic. While you can do as you please, It would not be good for anyone to confuse a so-called "hardline Catholic" with a "serious Catholic". The Catholic Church has, as I said earlier, a number of non-negotiable tenets. Those aren't open to personal alteration.
\
And, you are welcome.

I appreciate the labeling to cease. You are in no position to judge me, or anyone else. You are a typical "true Christian".

I'll be a cafeteria Catholic. God loves me no matter what. I serve him to the best of my ability, understanding, and according to the direction that I firmly believe his awesome power guides me. With the help of my Saint (Padre Pio), and and the Virgin Mary's intercession.... I feel blessed, and thankful to not have hate in my heart or bigotry in my soul.

If I am at odds with the church on this issue, I will answer to it. Until then, I'm so proud of my decision to support gay marriage at the government level.

With that said.

I just wrote the Romney (Virginia HQ) about this issue. Expressing my support for him, yet with reservations about how he'll allow his faith to influence decisions that contradict the very constitution that he is sworn to adhere to.

I love this great nation, my church, my god, and all of the LGBT community. Confusedinglepar
ronald reagan Wrote:I appreciate the labeling to cease. You are in no position to judge me, or anyone else. You are a typical "true Christian".

I'll be a cafeteria Catholic. God loves me no matter what. I serve him to the best of my ability, understanding, and according to the direction that I firmly believe his awesome power guides me. With the help of my Saint (Padre Pio), and and the Virgin Mary's intercession.... I feel blessed, and thankful to not have hate in my heart or bigotry in my soul.

If I am at odds with the church on this issue, I will answer to it. Until then, I'm so proud of my decision to support gay marriage at the government level.

With that said.

I just wrote the Romney (Virginia HQ) about this issue. Expressing my support for him, yet with reservations about how he'll allow his faith to influence decisions that contradict the very constitution that he is sworn to adhere to.

I love this great nation, my church, my god, and all of the LGBT community. Confusedinglepar

Reagan, it's one thing to struggle with sin, as every Christian does. I struggle in a lot of areas, so does everybody else who is a Christian. Paul says in Romans 7:15, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."

However, it's another thing to support sins such as homosexuality. Harry is not trying to judge or label you - the truth is that homosexuality is equivalent to supporting lies, murder, stealing, etc. As humans, we look at sin in a completely different way from God, "ranking" sins. Murder would be much worse in our eyes than stealing a 30 cent pack of gum. However, God would look at stealing a pack of gum just the same as he would murder. A sin is a sin is a sin, and one thing about the Bible is that it does not change with the times. People want to change the Bible to pick and choose what supports them, such the reason it is called the "cafeteria religion." Everybody in the Bible except for Jesus sinned. Sin is a human struggle, but just because it is does not mean we should support it. The disciples struggled with sin, but not once did they support it. The LBGT simply wants to run down our throats and will do anything and everything they can not just to make sure that the definition is changed, but that our rights as Christians are taken from us.
WideRight05 Wrote:Reagan, it's one thing to struggle with sin, as every Christian does. I struggle in a lot of areas, so does everybody else who is a Christian. Paul says in Romans 7:15, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."

However, it's another thing to support sins such as homosexuality. Harry is not trying to judge or label you - the truth is that homosexuality is equivalent to supporting lies, murder, stealing, etc. As humans, we look at sin in a completely different way from God, "ranking" sins. Murder would be much worse in our eyes than stealing a 30 cent pack of gum. However, God would look at stealing a pack of gum just the same as he would murder. A sin is a sin is a sin, and one thing about the Bible is that it does not change with the times. People want to change the Bible to pick and choose what supports them, such the reason it is called the "cafeteria religion." Everybody in the Bible except for Jesus sinned. Sin is a human struggle, but just because it is does not mean we should support it. The disciples struggled with sin, but not once did they support it. The LBGT simply wants to run down our throats and will do anything and everything they can not just to make sure that the definition is changed, but that our rights as Christians are taken from us.

I appreciate you're kind response. I respectfully disagree with a few of the points, because as a Catholic we believe in degrees of sin. We have mortal sins and venial sins. We also believe there was another sinless person in the bible, Mary.

I don't know that I'm geting my point across well enough, and for that I'm sorry. I will be as clear as possible......

I support a government that allows religious freedom. If someone's faith or religion, or lack there of allows two men or two women to marry... the government should get out of their way and allow it. It doesn't do anything to you or I. Without same sex marriage, does it stop people from practicing homosexuality? Absolutely not.

Let God be their judge. Not Congress.

When you pay your taxes, do you realize that you're supporting abortion? contraception? death penalty? torture? violations of freedom? terror abroad?

Why do you not refuse to pay taxes, if by doing so, you're indirectly supporting these things through funding them?

If its wrong to support government allowing gay marriage, then its equally wrong to give your money to the government to allow them to continue to support these things.

I urge to keep an open mind and reconsider your contribution to these immoral acts. Basically, put your money.. where your mouth is.
WideRight05 Wrote:The LBGT simply wants to run down our throats and will do anything and everything they can not just to make sure that the definition is changed, but that our rights as Christians are taken from us.

Explain this further.

Exactly how is the LBGT trying to take your rights? I'm quite puzzled.

I see them fighting for equal rights, not trying to take yours away. They want to not be discriminated against in the workplace. To serve openly in the military. To be able to have healthcare and benefits. To raise children. I just don't get it.
ronald reagan Wrote:I appreciate you're kind response. I respectfully disagree with a few of the points, because as a Catholic we believe in degrees of sin. We have mortal sins and venial sins. We also believe there was another sinless person in the bible, Mary.

I don't know that I'm geting my point across well enough, and for that I'm sorry. I will be as clear as possible......

I support a government that allows religious freedom. If someone's faith or religion, or lack there of allows two men or two women to marry... the government should get out of their way and allow it. It doesn't do anything to you or I. Without same sex marriage, does it stop people from practicing homosexuality? Absolutely not.

When you pay your taxes, do you realize that you're supporting abortion? contraception? death penalty? torture? violations of freedom? terror abroad?

Why do you not refuse to pay taxes, if by doing so, you're indirectly supporting these things through funding them?

If its wrong to support government allowing gay marriage, then its equally wrong to give your money to the government to allow them to continue to support these things.

I urge to keep an open mind and reconsider your contribution to these immoral acts. Basically, put your money.. where your mouth is
Words of a hypocrite.

Render unto Ceasar, the things that are Ceasar's.
ronald reagan Wrote:I appreciate you're kind response. I respectfully disagree with a few of the points, because as a Catholic we believe in degrees of sin. We have mortal sins and venial sins. We also believe there was another sinless person in the bible, Mary.

I urge to keep an open mind and reconsider your contribution to these immoral acts. Basically, put your money.. where your mouth is.

I didn't know not paying taxes was an option. I don't "pay" mine, they are confiscated...or else!

One question. Where does government draw the line on what a religion is? Does anything go, in the name of religion?
It is not purpose to judge ronald reagan. However, it is my purpose to point out that, when one calls himself a "hardline Catholic", others should not be mislead into believing that he is a "serious Catholic" or a "devout Catholic".

He cites a pronouncement or two and mentions Pope Paul VI in an effort to appear "knowledgeable". But, in truth, the only one he "impresses" is TheRealVille and that should tell us quite a bit.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:It is not purpose to judge ronald reagan. However, it is my purpose to point out that, when one calls himself a "hardline Catholic", others should not be mislead into believing that he is a "serious Catholic" or a "devout Catholic".

He cites a pronouncement or two and mentions Pope Paul VI in an effort to appear "knowledgeable". But, in truth, the only one he "impresses" is TheRealVille and that should tell us quite a bit.
Yea, nobody but people who agree with you on equal rights, and liberty are informed. You are typical. Are you sure you are not a Hoot and TRT clone?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:It is not purpose to judge ronald reagan. However, it is my purpose to point out that, when one calls himself a "hardline Catholic", others should not be mislead into believing that he is a "serious Catholic" or a "devout Catholic".

Appear knowledgeable? What catholic doesn't know these things?

And yes, it does tell us quite a bit. Most telling, is the fact that you misrepresent or have a hard time understanding a simple view. The government is not God, nor the church. It may be however, an extension of the church for you in particular. This is more evident with each post of yours.

I accept your view. Acceptance is the key. My level of acceptance is inversley proportional to my level of expectations. (From the big book).

I no longer feel compelled to explain my views on gay marriage. They are here for the record, and quite easy to understand. I shall press on with my support. As your tax dollars continue to support the things you consider to be evil.

Stand up for what you REALLY believe in. Put your money where your mouth is. Cardinal Dolan (and MANY other Catholic-American Bishops) has called for civil disobedience on issues that affect your faith.... Quit funding evil. :ChairHit:
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I didn't know not paying taxes was an option. I don't "pay" mine, they are confiscated...or else!

One question. Where does government draw the line on what a religion is? Does anything go, in the name of religion?

Change your W-4 to max exemptions. Its not confiscated then.

And no, anything doesn't go. Ive made that quite clear. It must conform to the ideas this nation was built on. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness.... life, limb, or property...

If same sex marriage is legalized, will it affect YOUR salvation? Will you suddenly go ask your golfing buddy to walk down the aisle? Does it deprive you of any rights? your ability to worship as you understand? Is your body injured, or property taken?

Fear will drive you to take positions you can't justify. Freedom from fear, is liberation. :rockon:
Bob Seger Wrote:Words of a hypocrite.

Render unto Ceasar, the things that are Ceasar's.

Not sure how to take that...

But, if Caeser says to give up your first born? or give him the food that feeds your family? You would give it up to him without a fight?

This speaks volumes. I don't know why it shocks me. Lack of principles, is a lack of spine. If its immoral to support gay marriage, its immoral to give the government its dollars to support abortion and other evils. Yet, all who chastise me for my marriage views, finance evil readily.
ronald reagan Wrote:Not sure how to take that...

But, if Caeser says to give up your first born? or give him the food that feeds your family? You would give it up to him without a fight?

This speaks volumes. I don't know why it shocks me. Lack of principles, is a lack of spine. If its immoral to support gay marriage, its immoral to give the government its dollars to support abortion and other evils. Yet, all who chastise me for my marriage views, finance evil readily.

It appears that you and TheRealVille have a lot in common.
ronald reagan Wrote:Change your W-4 to max exemptions. Its not confiscated then.

And no, anything doesn't go. Ive made that quite clear. It must conform to the ideas this nation was built on. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness.... life, limb, or property...

If same sex marriage is legalized, will it affect YOUR salvation? Will you suddenly go ask your golfing buddy to walk down the aisle? Does it deprive you of any rights? your ability to worship as you understand? Is your body injured, or property taken?

Fear will drive you to take positions you can't justify. Freedom from fear, is liberation. :rockon:

Did I mention same sex marriage or how it will affect MY salvation? Don't think I did.

I will say this...I believe condoning sin can affect my salvation/judgement.

One way or another, in the tax bracket I'm in, I think I will have to pay taxes if I live and work in this country, Or else.

If you are insinuating I condone everything our government does because I pay my taxes, I think that's a little far fetched. Did I misunderstand?
ronald reagan Wrote:Not sure how to take that...

Ah, the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing we were warned about, I see. "I dont know why it shocks me".

See if you have trouble figuring out how to take that one.
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing we were warned about, I see. "I dont know why it shocks me".

See if you have trouble figuring out how to take that one.

I do.
[Image: http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/...80507.jpeg]

:Clap::Clap:
ronald reagan Wrote:I appreciate the labeling to cease. You are in no position to judge me, or anyone else. You are a typical "true Christian".

With that said.

So, you are prepared to stand before God's judgement bar on your own accord and reason with God? While you're "proudly" supporting the latest politically correct acronym du-jour, perhaps you can explain your way around this---

Romans 1:24-32 (KJV)

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ronald reagan Wrote:[Image: http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/...80507.jpeg]

:Clap::Clap:

Because the Bible is the ultimate authority and superior to the constitution and therefore gives the greatest weight to a sworn oath. You don't swear to tell the truth in court with your hand on a superman comic book either, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:So, you are prepared to stand before God's judgement bar on your own accord and reason with God? While you're "proudly" supporting the latest politically correct acronym du-jour, perhaps you can explain your way around this---

Romans 1:24-32 (KJV)

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

To be brief. Yes. I will stand before God and explain myself. I have no fear of my decision to support equal rights at government level.

Are you willing to explain why you funded abortions, terror, contraception, laziness? Whats gonna be your excuse? Render unto Ceaser, that which is ceasers? You can't possibly approach God with that.... or can you?

The blind will lead the blind. And both, fall in the ditch.
TheRealThing Wrote:Because the Bible is the ultimate authority and superior to the constitution and therefore gives the greatest weight to a sworn oath. You don't swear to tell the truth in court with your hand on a superman comic book either, right?

Ive never seen anyone place their hand on a bible in court.

You just raise your hand.

And no, the bible is NOT the ultimate authority. The church (actually, The Holy Father). (see how different beliefs arise from the SAME religion? thats the catholic view. you give the protestant view.)

Like the good quote goes, "The religious right.... are neither."
TheRealThing Wrote:Because the Bible is the ultimate authority and superior to the constitution and therefore gives the greatest weight to a sworn oath. You don't swear to tell the truth in court with your hand on a superman comic book either, right?
What don't you get about the bible not being the rule and guide to every person that is a citizen in this country? The bible does not rule American law.
ronald reagan Wrote:To be brief. Yes. I will stand before God and explain myself. I have no fear of my decision to support equal rights at government level.

Are you willing to explain why you funded abortions, terror, contraception, laziness? Whats gonna be your excuse? Render unto Ceaser, that which is ceasers? You can't possibly approach God with that.... or can you?

The blind will lead the blind. And both, fall in the ditch.

Let's go at this one point at a time. Jesus Christ is Savior, and mediator between God the Father, and man. I mean that concept of remediation is one of the basic tenets of the Catholic Church. You go to confession and a "father" mediates for you right? If He (Jesus) is not there to speak for you at the judgement my friend, you, like the uninvited guest at the marriage suppe,r will be "speechless"

Acts 4:12 (KJV)
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Romans 3:25 (KJV)
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

1 John 2:2 (KJV)
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:10 (KJV)
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ronald reagan Wrote:Ive never seen anyone place their hand on a bible in court.

And no, the bible is NOT the ultimate authority. The church (actually, The Holy Father). (see how different beliefs arise from the SAME religion? thats the catholic view. you give the protestant view.)

I see you're bad to run ahead of the argument. There is NO authority whereby man may swear an oath which is higher than the ultimate representation of truth here on earth, and that is the Word of God. That is why the founding fathers referenced the Word so often in the founding documents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ronald reagan Wrote:Ive never seen anyone place their hand on a bible in court.

Not always. Does the president of the US place his hand on the bible when he swears to uphold the constitution? Why would he do this? BECAUSE IT'S THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY to swear by.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[quote=ronald reagan]To be brief. Yes. I will stand before God and explain myself. I have no fear of my decision to support equal rights at government level.

Are you willing to explain why you funded abortions, terror, contraception, laziness? Whats gonna be your excuse? Render unto Ceaser, that which is ceasers? You can't possibly approach God with that.... or can you? The blind will lead the blind. And both, fall in the ditch.

It's obvious you dont have a clue as to what I was even referring to.
TheRealThing Wrote:Let's go at this one point at a time. Jesus Christ is Savior, and mediator between God the Father, and man. I mean that concept of remediation is one of the basic tenets of the Catholic Church. You go to confession and a "father" mediates for you right? If He (Jesus) is not there to speak for you at the judgement my friend, you, like the uninvited guest at the marriage suppe,r will be "speechless"

Acts 4:12 (KJV)
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Romans 3:25 (KJV)
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

1 John 2:2 (KJV)
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:10 (KJV)
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Wow. I was trying to say that if asked to explain myself, I will. Better?

Now. I've answered your question. Answer mine. How do you explain financing abortions, contraception, terrorism, and laziness? Because big brother made you? That'll work. :devilflam
ronald reagan Wrote:To be brief. Yes. I will stand before God and explain myself. I have no fear of my decision to support equal rights at government level.

Are you willing to explain why you funded abortions, terror, contraception, laziness? Whats gonna be your excuse? Render unto Ceaser, that which is ceasers? You can't possibly approach God with that.... or can you? The blind will lead the blind. And both, fall in the ditch.

The Jews asked Jesus the same question when He was on earth. His response?

Matthew 22:16-21 (KJV)
16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.
17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Going to jail for not obeying tax laws is hardly a good testimony now is it? No, actually the way one avoids judgement on the matter in this society is by voting for candidates who aren't godless infanticidists, intent on running over God's law.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ronald reagan Wrote:Wow. I was trying to say that if asked to explain myself, I will. Better?

Now. I've answered your question. Answer mine. How do you explain financing abortions, contraception, terrorism, and laziness? Because big brother made you? That'll work. :devilflam

No you totally avoided the question in one of the most shallow displays of mock spirituality I've seen lately. Your argument is with God if you show open contempt for His clearly outlined explainations about homosexuality. Not familiar with the only example of how it will be when you stand at the judgement with regard to being able to speak?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]