Poll: who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
92.86%
Dixie Heights
7.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights at Boyle County 9/14
RebelPride12 Wrote:No. If Boyle loses to Marion County then off go the wheels. Dixie has earned respect by beating Conner. I can handle that loss plus it's a non district opponent. I have no reason to believe Dixie is as bad as you want them to be so can have a reason to talk trash.

Yeah, you're right. Conner is a real powerhouse. Confusednicker:
Boyle Co. is not playing with any heart,desire,and pride,or at least I don't see it.Once,Boyle gets that back,they'll be fine.

I do think Boyle wins this one friday night.GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No QB Controversy: From the Advocate Messenger:

Where there won’t be a change as of now is at quarterback, where Casey Whittle is going to start this week after being replaced by freshman Josiah Robbins last week.
“As of now Casey is the starter, but Casey needs to settle down and play well for us,”¿French said. “He knows the offense and he’s got a strong arm. And he’s been nursing a knee (injury) also. I think Casey’s going to be fine.”
But French also wants to make sure he gets the athletic Robbins on the field in some capacity.
“Josiah has seen the field a little bit, and I think he’s going to play plenty,”¿French said. “He’s going to see the field, let’s put it that way.”

I Agree with French. It is hard to replace 4 yrs experience. Casey moved the team well against Highlands for a half, the offense ran over Collins, Casey had a great 2 minute drill for 2 TD's in the Danville comeback. He does not run as well as Josiah, but does have great reads and hides the ball well in the wishbone, and is an adequate runner. He got off to a slow start last year as well., but still threw for over 1,500 yds. I expect the same this year. Casey is also nursing a MCL injury.
I would expect to see Josiah on the field in some "wildcat" formations, some at RB, and more at a wideout. Getting the ball in his hands in open field will be a nice weapon. I really think the offense gets it together this week and next. I hope that the defense does as well. Still too many missed tackles and giving up big plays.
RebelPride Wrote:No QB Controversy: From the Advocate Messenger:

Where there won’t be a change as of now is at quarterback, where Casey Whittle is going to start this week after being replaced by freshman Josiah Robbins last week.
“As of now Casey is the starter, but Casey needs to settle down and play well for us,”¿French said. “He knows the offense and he’s got a strong arm. And he’s been nursing a knee (injury) also. I think Casey’s going to be fine.”
But French also wants to make sure he gets the athletic Robbins on the field in some capacity.
“Josiah has seen the field a little bit, and I think he’s going to play plenty,”¿French said. “He’s going to see the field, let’s put it that way.”

I Agree with French. It is hard to replace 4 yrs experience. Casey moved the team well against Highlands for a half, the offense ran over Collins, Casey had a great 2 minute drill for 2 TD's in the Danville comeback. He does not run as well as Josiah, but does have great reads and hides the ball well in the wishbone, and is an adequate runner. He got off to a slow start last year as well., but still threw for over 1,500 yds. I expect the same this year. Casey is also nursing a MCL injury.
I would expect to see Josiah on the field in some "wildcat" formations, some at RB, and more at a wideout. Getting the ball in his hands in open field will be a nice weapon. I really think the offense gets it together this week and next. I hope that the defense does as well. Still too many missed tackles and giving up big plays.

There was controversy but it has been settled now. I'm just glad it's settled. However, I don't believe this is the end of the quarterback controversy. It went basically as I expected. French would go with the more experienced quarterback and try to work Robbins onto the field as a slot back. Seph Burke and Hall were the ones who moved the ball very well against Highlands.
JustGoWithIt Wrote:I'm not bashing the senior quarterback by any means. He throws the ball a little bit better than the freshman. Not much better. Robbins met the season average passing YPG in just 2 quarters, as well as almost 100 yards rushing, did I mention 2 quarters? That's impressive to me. Robbins, IMO, brings more to the table(as mentioned in an earlier post) and what I meant by that is he can create for this team. His ability to run the ball will cause problems for opposing teams secondary. Either way, it's a very interesting quarterback battle. Senior Quarterback vs. Freshman Quarterback.

Just a couple of stat corrections. Prior to last Friday, Boyle was averaging nearly 150 passing yards per game. Robbins threw for 68 yards in 2 1/2 quarters. Whittle threw for 42 yards in 1 1/2 quarters. There is no doubt Robbins is the qb of the future, and will be a very good one, but IMO Boyle is better off with Whittle throwing it, and using Robbins to run/catch the ball.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Just a couple of stat corrections. Prior to last Friday, Boyle was averaging nearly 150 passing yards per game. Robbins threw for 68 yards in 2 1/2 quarters. Whittle threw for 42 yards in 1 1/2 quarters. There is no doubt Robbins is the qb of the future, and will be a very good one, but IMO Boyle is better off with Whittle throwing it, and using Robbins to run/catch the ball.

Stat correction. Prior to last friday Boyle County was averaging 105 yards per game. Boyle County has thrown for just 425 yards this season. Around 106 yards per game so the average actually shot up a yard this week. Whittle has thrown for 357 yards(89 YPG) this season with Robbins throwing for 68. Either way, I was wrong about the early average but if you throw in the rush yards(95) you would see that he was more productive. Now that was one game. Maybe Whittle was off and the minor injury was the cause of his play. Who knows. I do agree that Robbins is quarterback of the future but I have no problem with Robbins being quarterback of the present. I guess we will agree to disagree.
Whittle hasn't gotten any better from last year. French should of went ahead and let the freshman start the kid can play. Let Whittle play saftey or some where or stand by him with a head set on and help signal formations.
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Stat correction. Prior to last friday Boyle County was averaging 105 yards per game. Boyle County has thrown for just 425 yards this season. Around 106 yards per game so the average actually shot up a yard this week. Whittle has thrown for 357 yards(89 YPG) this season with Robbins throwing for 68. Either way, I was wrong about the early average but if you throw in the rush yards(95) you would see that he was more productive. Now that was one game. Maybe Whittle was off and the minor injury was the cause of his play. Who knows. I do agree that Robbins is quarterback of the future but I have no problem with Robbins being quarterback of the present. I guess we will agree to disagree.

I was going off KHSAA website, which I now see is incorrect. Not that it's important anyways, we all have our opinions.

Either way, back on topic, I pick Boyle to win big Friday, getting their confidence back before district play begins.
MSU Eagle Wrote:I was going off KHSAA website, which I now see is incorrect. Not that it's important anyways, we all have our opinions.

Either way, back on topic, I pick Boyle to win big Friday, getting their confidence back before district play begins.

It really wasn't important but you went there. Yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions. We will agree on some and disagree on some.

I will agree with you on Boyle County winning big this friday. I want to believe that the Rebels are going to make a huge turnaround going into the 2nd half of the season.