Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dixie Heights at Boyle County 9/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who will win this one? I think Boyle County snaps there 2 game losing streak!

Boyle County 52

Dixie Heights 14
If the BC team that jumped out to the lead in the first half against Highlands shows up for the entire game, it will be a long night for Dixie. But as Conner found out, you have to play four quarters, not two.
If Boyle doesn't stop turning the ball over the rest of the year will be a struggle!!!!!!!!
Boyle County is re-evaluating their whole team. These guys really have some soul searching to do. The starting running back got hurt in what could have been a broken collar bone. They are having a quarterback battle this week between the Senior QB and Freshmen QB. I liked what I saw from the Freshmen QB even though he threw three interceptions. Two of those were deflected but it was his first game and against the #2 team in 5A. Got to dig deep Rebels! With that said, Rebels win big.
If they can't beat Dixie, they should drop football.
Wideleft01 Wrote:If they can't beat Dixie, they should drop football.

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Boyle County is re-evaluating their whole team. These guys really have some soul searching to do. The starting running back got hurt in what could have been a broken collar bone. They are having a quarterback battle this week between the Senior QB and Freshmen QB. I liked what I saw from the Freshmen QB even though he threw three interceptions. Two of those were deflected but it was his first game and against the #2 team in 5A. Got to dig deep Rebels! With that said, Rebels win big.

The quarterback situation is very intriguing to me. Josiah has shown he needs some touches somehow and while he brings the ability to run the ball for the qb position better than Casey I'm not sold he can throw the ball better than Casey. Add in the fact that Seph is likely out for a little while and the quarterback position becomes that much more important. If Seph is out I wonder if they may plug in Josiah at RB and put Casey back in at qb. Josiah needs to be on the field somewhere. I guess we'll find out this Friday what the coaches are thinking.
RebelPride12 Wrote:The quarterback situation is very intriguing to me. Josiah has shown he needs some touches somehow and while he brings the ability to run the ball for the qb position better than Casey I'm not sold he can throw the ball better than Casey. Add in the fact that Seph is likely out for a little while and the quarterback position becomes that much more important. If Seph is out I wonder if they may plug in Josiah at RB and put Casey back in at qb. Josiah needs to be on the field somewhere. I guess we'll find out this Friday what the coaches are thinking.

If the fresh is any good, put the older QB at RB.
IMO,Robbins stays at starting QB.
Wideleft01 Wrote:If the fresh is any good, put the older QB at RB.

Considering the senior QB isn't that athletic and runs a 5.0 forty(at best) then I think they just need to stick with Hall and Hoskins at RB.
Jack Lambert Wrote:IMO,Robbins stays at starting QB.

I hope so. He brings alot more to the table than Whittle. No offense to Whittle. And why not build the offense around him? He is only a freshmen. Boyle County has 4 years with this kid.
RebelPride12 Wrote:The quarterback situation is very intriguing to me. Josiah has shown he needs some touches somehow and while he brings the ability to run the ball for the qb position better than Casey I'm not sold he can throw the ball better than Casey. Add in the fact that Seph is likely out for a little while and the quarterback position becomes that much more important. If Seph is out I wonder if they may plug in Josiah at RB and put Casey back in at qb. Josiah needs to be on the field somewhere. I guess we'll find out this Friday what the coaches are thinking.

Josiah met the season average for YPG and practically only played two quarters. I believe his ability to scramble and make plays is what seperates him from Whittle. Boyle County will miss Seph, no doubt about it, but Hoskins and Hall are more than capable of carrying the load. Either way, Boyle County needs to figure out something because what they are doing now isn't working.
If Dixie scores twice, that means BC is bad!
Stardust Wrote:If Dixie scores twice, that means BC is bad!

Boyle County tends to give a few touchdowns away so don't be surprised.

Also, is Dixie Heights really that bad? Haven't kept up with them at all.
Stardust Wrote:If Dixie scores twice, that means BC is bad!

So Conner is bad? That's what you're saying?
If Boyle doesn't win this handily then I would say the wheels have finally fallen off.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:If Boyle doesn't win this handily then I would say the wheels have finally fallen off.

And I would say you have no clue as to what you are talking about.
^ Don't get so sensitive there softie. Tomcatfan is right on that one. If you guys lose to Dixie, off go the wheels.
Should be a nice game for Boyle to rotate in many areas and evaluate what they've got before heading into district play. Rebels by a bunch.
i say boyle wins by a field goal
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Don't get so sensitive there softie. Tomcatfan is right on that one. If you guys lose to Dixie, off go the wheels.

No. If Boyle loses to Marion County then off go the wheels. Dixie has earned respect by beating Conner. I can handle that loss plus it's a non district opponent. I have no reason to believe Dixie is as bad as you want them to be so can have a reason to talk trash.
Boyle Co.
No worries, Boyle County will bounce back. I did predict a 4, may be 5 lost for them this season and the rate they are going, I might win the microwave. In all seriousness, they don't called them TITLE town for nothing. They will reload in the future.
RebelPride12 Wrote:No. If Boyle loses to Marion County then off go the wheels. Dixie has earned respect by beating Conner. I can handle that loss plus it's a non district opponent. I have no reason to believe Dixie is as bad as you want them to be so can have a reason to talk trash.

Teams that have the title aspirations Boyle county had at the beggining o the season. Pummel a team like Dixie. Conner Isnt a bad team but they are not a championship team by any means. If you can't blow the doors off Dixie a team which is known for Dysfunction and under achieving. Then good luck competing with lex cath,cov cath, and FTH
JustGoWithIt Wrote:I hope so. He brings alot more to the table than Whittle. No offense to Whittle. And why not build the offense around him? He is only a freshmen. Boyle County has 4 years with this kid.

The coaches aren't going to give up on this year just yet and only play Robbins to get him experience. They are gonna play the guy who gives them the best chance to win. There's no doubt that Whittle can throw the ball better, he runs the fakes very well, and his senior experience is impossible to replace. Robbins, on the other hand, brings another running threat for Boyle. It will be interesting, but I expect to see Boyle play them both in some form this week. Maybe letting Robins be their wildcat QB. This is a great game for Boyle to work on some things and get their confidence back.

Man, that's a big, big gamble replacing a senior QB, one that started last year, with a frosh. Not much time before district games begin for the frosh to get varsity experience. Then you add in the whole bad chemistry possibility. Balls call by French if he makes it.

As for Dixie, most folks would have never predicted Dixie would beat Conner. Conner isn't a bad team. Nice O; no D. But still not a bad football team. Whereas Dixie had looked really poor. Dixie is still trying to find its way back after Spritzky. New head coach and a bunch of new asst coaches, who quite frankly aren't doing it the Spritzky way and aren't tolerating the stuff that used to be accepted. Not all of the Dixie players have "bought in" to what the new coaches are doing. However, the nice win over Conner may be the catalyst needed. Still, Dixie is young and not near as talented as last year. Then again, that talent at Dixie last year didn't get them too far. Dixie may be better off this year with less talent if those kids work their tails off and listen to their coaches.

I expect Boyle to win, but I won't be completely surprised if Dixie keeps it close or maybe pulls out the win if Boyle starts the frosh at QB and/or continues to turn the ball over a lot.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Teams that have the title aspirations Boyle county had at the beggining o the season. Pummel a team like Dixie. Conner Isnt a bad team but they are not a championship team by any means. If you can't blow the doors off Dixie a team which is known for Dysfunction and under achieving. Then good luck competing with lex cath,cov cath, and FTH

Have you even seen this team play or are you just looking at the name on the jersey? There are probably 6-7 teams better than Boyle County this year. All we can do is keep plugging away and keep trying to get better every game. This game on Friday won't tell me anything I don't already know.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Have you even seen this team play or are you just looking at the name on the jersey? There are probably 6-7 teams better than Boyle County this year. All we can do is keep plugging away and keep trying to get better every game. This game on Friday won't tell me anything I don't already know.
going mainly on preseason predictions. There was a lot of hype about boyle closing the gap with highlands and them getting the birds in a down year. And a lot of talk beating lex cath in there district. No I haven't seen them play just matching preseason expectations with results. If Boyle goes out and impresses this weekend then saying they are getting better and will be a tough out is probably true. If they lose or let Dixie hang around there are probably more than 6-7 teams better than Boyle county.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:going mainly on preseason predictions. There was a lot of hype about boyle closing the gap with highlands and them getting the birds in a down year. And a lot of talk beating lex cath in there district. No I haven't seen them play just matching preseason expectations with results. If Boyle goes out and impresses this weekend then saying they are getting better and will be a tough out is probably true. If they lose or let Dixie hang around there are probably more than 6-7 teams better than Boyle county.

There very well could be more than 6-7 teams better than Boyle. I can't say that would surprise me.
Patriot49 Wrote:The coaches aren't going to give up on this year just yet and only play Robbins to get him experience. They are gonna play the guy who gives them the best chance to win. There's no doubt that Whittle can throw the ball better, he runs the fakes very well, and his senior experience is impossible to replace. Robbins, on the other hand, brings another running threat for Boyle. It will be interesting, but I expect to see Boyle play them both in some form this week. Maybe letting Robins be their wildcat QB. This is a great game for Boyle to work on some things and get their confidence back.

I'm not bashing the senior quarterback by any means. He throws the ball a little bit better than the freshman. Not much better. Robbins met the season average passing YPG in just 2 quarters, as well as almost 100 yards rushing, did I mention 2 quarters? That's impressive to me. Robbins, IMO, brings more to the table(as mentioned in an earlier post) and what I meant by that is he can create for this team. His ability to run the ball will cause problems for opposing teams secondary. Either way, it's a very interesting quarterback battle. Senior Quarterback vs. Freshman Quarterback.
Pages: 1 2