Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney vs. Obama
TheRealThing Wrote:The dems were screaming about it, they went on and on. Lawyers were on 16 inch centers in Dade county. Unless I missed my guess I'd have said you were a democrat in 2004. Hence, the "you all". Why do you suppose they require a picture on your driver's license? Obviously to establish positive ID
You missed your guess.
TheRealVille Wrote:You missed your guess.

LOL, you were a republican? what happened? A bad car wreck, a botched lobotomy?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, you were a republican? what happened? A bad car wreck, a botched lobotomy?
Because republicans got too far in bed with the rich, and religion, and started trying to be union busters.
I switched parties once. I was democrat until I found out obama was too.
TheRealVille Wrote:Because republicans got too far in bed with the rich, and religion, and started trying to be union busters.

I don't agree with you. Air traffic controllers, teachers, professional athletes, government workers (and obviously I use that term loosely), airline pilots and airfrieght pilots, stewards, stewardesses, baggage carriers, hospital workers and nurses, actors, musicians, fire fighters, police, jockeys, the weather service, umpires and on and on. Everybody has a union, though I didn't list the trades, dock workers, maritime, factory, miners etc., people like that actually need union representation. However, people like the teachers union of Wisconsin (and the others within bus range), taking advantage of school kids by walking out, can't happen in an ethical fashion. Same with nurses and air traffic controllers. I has always been my contention unions like those above, usurp the folks who really need union representation. Unions began to lose their bargaing power when they tried forming these giant coalitions. When a business owner is forced to choose between closing up shop or pushing back, normally he will push back.

Labor unions used to be special, A growing American infrastructure spawned the ever expanding construction trades. and at the same time industrial concerns were booming. At that time unions flourished and negotiated with honor. When everybody from your local bakery to your kids school went union, people began to yawn in the face of the threat of a union walkout. The only diference between republicans and dems when it comes to union support are the misrepresentations. The dems can't force business owners to give union workers more perks anymore than the republicans can. But, that doesn't stop the dems from blowing vast clouds of gas about it to union leadership. They keep lying about what their going to do for unions and in turn union members keep buying into their spiel, while blaming republicans for every ill they think besets them. Supply and demand rule the work place, not contracts inked between management and labor. Unions can't force the businesses that employ them to pay their members 100,000 a year. The notion is ridiculous.

When work turns loose, unions will flourish and memberships will rise again. It's laughable that the unions still believe the dems will take care of them. They took care of unions alright. The only shovel ready jobs resultant from the nearly 1 trillion dollar stimulus Obama insisted on his first two weeks in office, were the one's the dems got spreading the bull they keep shoveling. Romney has said we will eliminate the need to buy fuels from other countries thus creating millions of jobs right here in America. Obama has nixed the Canadian pipeline, closed over 120 coal fired generating stations, while the hatchetman of the la-la liberal, EPA, has managed to regulate American industry to a shell of it's rightful self. The dems are the ones causing the loss of jobs and you guys still keep blaming republicans. Wake up, the Reagan model works.

BTW, you've beat the religion dead horse to the point where it has died yet again. No conservative advocates for religion in government.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lol, i thought Repubs were always that way?
Doesnt make sense Confusednicker:
4 years and nothing has changed. The O is always vacating and we can't afford it. Can we handle four more years.
Old Jacket 91 Wrote:4 years and nothing has changed. The O is always vacating and we can't afford it. Can we handle four more years.
Obama cannot vacate enough for me. It is much cheaper to pay for him and Moochelle to travel and party with celebrities than it is to have him on the job. Imagine how bad of shape this country would be in if Obama were not the laziest man to ever occupy the White House. I say don't encourage Obama to do any work until he vacates the White House for good in January 2013!
TheRealThing Wrote:I don't agree with you. Air traffic controllers, teachers, professional athletes, government workers (and obviously I use that term loosely), airline pilots and airfrieght pilots, stewards, stewardesses, baggage carriers, hospital workers and nurses, actors, musicians, fire fighters, police, jockeys, the weather service, umpires and on and on. Everybody has a union, though I didn't list the trades, dock workers, maritime, factory, miners etc., people like that actually need union representation. However, people like the teachers union of Wisconsin (and the others within bus range), taking advantage of school kids by walking out, can't happen in an ethical fashion. Same with nurses and air traffic controllers. I has always been my contention unions like those above, usurp the folks who really need union representation. Unions began to lose their bargaing power when they tried forming these giant coalitions. When a business owner is forced to choose between closing up shop or pushing back, normally he will push back.

Labor unions used to be special, A growing American infrastructure spawned the ever expanding construction trades. and at the same time industrial concerns were booming. At that time unions flourished and negotiated with honor. When everybody from your local bakery to your kids school went union, people began to yawn in the face of the threat of a union walkout. The only diference between republicans and dems when it comes to union support are the misrepresentations. The dems can't force business owners to give union workers more perks anymore than the republicans can. But, that doesn't stop the dems from blowing vast clouds of gas about it to union leadership. They keep lying about what their going to do for unions and in turn union members keep buying into their spiel, while blaming republicans for every ill they think besets them. Supply and demand rule the work place, not contracts inked between management and labor. Unions can't force the businesses that employ them to pay their members 100,000 a year. The notion is ridiculous.

When work turns loose, unions will flourish and memberships will rise again. It's laughable that the unions still believe the dems will take care of them. They took care of unions alright. The only shovel ready jobs resultant from the nearly 1 trillion dollar stimulus Obama insisted on his first two weeks in office, were the one's the dems got spreading the bull they keep shoveling. Romney has said we will eliminate the need to buy fuels from other countries thus creating millions of jobs right here in America. Obama has nixed the Canadian pipeline, closed over 120 coal fired generating stations, while the hatchetman of the la-la liberal, EPA, has managed to regulate American industry to a shell of it's rightful self. The dems are the ones causing the loss of jobs and you guys still keep blaming republicans. Wake up, the Reagan model works.

BTW, you've beat the religion dead horse to the point where it has died yet again. No conservative advocates for religion in government.
Well said, TRT. Large unions no longer trade their labor for fair pay - they sell their votes to cling to their high paying jobs in government and stick taxpayers with the bill. Those of us who have worked in unions or managed union workers may have noticed something about Obama's reliance on union thuggery to hang on to his own job.

Some of the hardest and most conscientious people with whom I have ever worked have been union members - but there are always a few people who only manage to cling to their jobs because of a union. Obama is that guy. Obama is lazy, constantly whines about his employer not understanding him, and he constantly blames the workers on the previous shift who left him a mess to clean up for not being able to do his own job. When he is on the job, he tells people that they are working too hard and to slow down, because their employer has deep pockets and is not paying them a fair wage. Nothing is ever his fault but he misses way too much work and when he decides not to report for work, nobody really misses him because he is the least productive worker on the job anyway.

Does anybody else see the similarities between Obama and the worst union employee that you have ever had the misfortune to work with?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Well said, TRT. Large unions no longer trade their labor for fair pay - they sell their votes to cling to their high paying jobs in government and stick taxpayers with the bill. Those of us who have worked in unions or managed union workers may have noticed something about Obama's reliance on union thuggery to hang on to his own job.

Some of the hardest and most conscientious people with whom I have ever worked have been union members - but there are always a few people who only manage to cling to their jobs because of a union. Obama is that guy. Obama is lazy, constantly whines about his employer not understanding him, and he constantly blames the workers on the previous shift who left him a mess to clean up for not being able to do his own job. When he is on the job, he tells people that they are working too hard and to slow down, because their employer has deep pockets and is not paying them a fair wage. Nothing is ever his fault but he misses way too much work and when he decides not to report for work, nobody really misses him because he is the least productive worker on the job anyway.

Does anybody else see the similarities between Obama and the worst union employee that you have ever had the misfortune to work with?

I certainly do. The type of worker you describe has become prevalent in today's union membership. Believe me, the face of today's union bares no faint similarity to the hard working folks I worked with as an apprentice years ago. We had fun on the job, joking and laughing all day. But, all that occurred while we worked. Breaks were taken but they were timely, and work rules were adhered to across the board. You went in dog tired at night but, walking out, you turned and looked at the thing you had built that day. A kind of satisfaction washed over a man as he saw his efforts come to fruition, a structure rising up out of the ground, I found that feeling exhilarating. I loved my work and still do. It is a strangely uplifting experience to drive past something I was involved with to this day.

This is the nature of the rewards of life which are being denied those that look to the dems for their substance. They are the dems own 'flock', their only virtue is being 'needy'. This is part of the republican message that is difficult to articulate. As Moses said, "Let my people go". We have become a stunted and derelict scociety of moochers. While within every man greatness (to some degree) is being stymied by their husbandmen in the party that enslaves the mind, robbing them of personal integrity, success and self reliance. Guess what? No country can survive, much less prosper, hampered by the doctrines of social justice. A topic the dems now speak openly of.

Obama, like the donothings you have talked about, think there is some magic and limitless pool of resources out there, and the door to those riches is the federal government. You'll never convince folks like this that there are limits to the handouts and the free ride on the gravy train. To them, the warnings from the fiscally conservative sector are just more lies coming down from the 'rich crowd' or management designed to hookwink them and hold them down. Obama sees the federal money till as an endless conveyor belt which is loaded with goodies that can make everybody happy. He doesn't realize that even if government could make millionaires out of every American the crime rate would still rise and the unrest would still escalate. No, it's working for what one gets that makes the character that has defined the folks of this land as good. What work does to make responsible, enlightened and grateful citizens in our land, handouts undoes, and causes the reverse effect. We will suffer for losing the vision. I just hope the American voter comes to his senses in time for this November's 'for whom the bell tolls' elections. Romney like every other man to occupy the white house, will not be perfect. FDR even had his daliances and he was confined to a wheel chair, LOL.

Should he be elected Romney will undo the destructive policies of the left. The debate will rage among those who still think government is here to give folks stuff. But, the treasury, manufacturing, the energy industry, everything which has suffered from the ever tightnenig torniquet of a runaway EPA will begin to 'pink up' again. Things will return to normalcy. But, at some point, America must find herself again and return by commitment to her traditional roots. If not we will decline into the backwaters of history with all the rest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I certainly do. The type of worker you describe has become prevalent in today's union membership. Believe me, the face of today's union bares no faint similarity to the hard working folks I worked with as an apprentice years ago. We had fun on the job, joking and laughing all day. But, all that occurred while we worked. Breaks were taken but they were timely, and work rules were adhered to across the board. You went in dog tired at night but, walking out, you turned and looked at the thing you had built that day. A kind of satisfaction washed over a man as he saw his efforts come to fruition, a structure rising up out of the ground, I found that feeling exhilarating. I loved my work and still do. It is a strangely uplifting experience to drive past something I was involved with to this day.

This is the nature of the rewards of life which are being denied those that look to the dems for their substance. They are the dems own 'flock', their only virtue is being 'needy'. This is part of the republican message that is difficult to articulate. As Moses said, "Let my people go". We have become a stunted and derelict scociety of moochers. While within every man greatness (to some degree) is being stymied by their husbandmen in the party that enslaves the mind, robbing them of personal integrity, success and self reliance. Guess what? No country can survive, much less prosper, hampered by the doctrines of social justice. A topic the dems now speak openly of.

Obama, like the donothings you have talked about, think there is some magic and limitless pool of resources out there, and the door to those riches is the federal government. You'll never convince folks like this that there are limits to the handouts and the free ride on the gravy train. To them, the warnings from the fiscally conservative sector are just more lies coming down from the 'rich crowd' or management designed to hookwink them and hold them down. Obama sees the federal money till as an endless conveyor belt which is loaded with goodies that can make everybody happy. He doesn't realize that even if government could make millionaires out of every American the crime rate would still rise and the unrest would still escalate. No, it's working for what one gets that makes the character that has defined the folks of this land as good. What work does to make responsible, enlightened and grateful citizens in our land, handouts undoes, and causes the reverse effect. We will suffer for losing the vision. I just hope the American voter comes to his senses in time for this November's 'for whom the bell tolls' elections. Romney like every other man to occupy the white house, will not be perfect. FDR even had his daliances and he was confined to a wheel chair, LOL.

Should he be elected Romney will undo the destructive policies of the left. The debate will rage among those who still think government is here to give folks stuff. But, the treasury, manufacturing, the energy industry, everything which has suffered from the ever tightnenig torniquet of a runaway EPA will begin to 'pink up' again. Things will return to normalcy. But, at some point, America must find herself again and return by commitment to her traditional roots. If not we will decline into the backwaters of history with all the rest.
Wow, we see things completely different in the beginning of our years, and the later years. From my experience from starting at at Ashland Oil, the workers have been forced to do more in a days work. In my early days we too laughed and joked and worked, but you had more of "protect the other worker" mentality back then. I have saw several workers "run off", just on this small project, with a no rehire for the contractor. It is now a dog eat dog business, mainly because of having tons more non union contractors around. My union has even adopted a Standard of Excellence, as of late. It is an agreement with contractors that we provide quality, drug free workers that give a good days work, and it also includes punishing the slackers, and ultimately, kick them out of the union. It's funny how you see things as better back in your day, and not good now, when it's completely the opposite.

http://www.ua.org/docs/sfe_brochure.pdf
TheRealVille Wrote:Wow, we see things completely different in the beginning of our years, and the later years. From my experience from starting at at Ashland Oil, the workers have been forced to do more in a days work. In my early days we too laughed and joked and worked, but you had more of "protect the other worker" mentality back then. I have saw several workers "run off", just on this small project, with a no rehire for the contractor. It is now a dog eat dog business, mainly because of having tons more non union contractors around. My union has even adopted a Standard of Excellence, as of late. It is an agreement with contractors that we provide quality, drug free workers that give a good days work, and it also includes punishing the slackers, and ultimately, kick them out of the union. It's funny how you see things as better back in your day, and not good now, when it's completely the opposite.

http://www.ua.org/docs/sfe_brochure.pdf
That is all good news for private sector unions and the companies that have contracts with them...but with public sector unions, things are worse than they ever were with the private unions. The slackers to whom I referred were the exceptions at most UMWA operations where I worked and in the one Steelworkers factory at which I briefly worked (during a miners' vacation period) in the 80s.

Deadbeats flourish in public sector unions and when their managers get fed up with their impact on productivity and morale, they are much more likely to be transferred to another agency than to be terminated. There are still many more good, hard working Americans in public sector unions but it is a shame that politicians have set up a system that provides little incentive for hard work and innovation.

What job in the private sector is a man like Obama qualified to perform? Would you hire him to manage any business that you owned? A man with his attitude toward private businesses would have a difficult time holding down a job if he did not work for the government.
There has never been such a clear choice as Romney vs. Kardashian. The former is the champion of those who contribute to the system. The latter depends on all the takers from society.

An old high school analogy sums it up well. Romney is the class valedictorian who is president of the student government and prayer group and has been voted as most likely to succeed. Kardashian, on the other hand, is the super "cool", dope using (by his own admission) rebel who bucks continually rules and coasts (by his own admission) through his social promotion school knowing that he will go to college for free as a result to all of his "infirmities".

Sadly, a lot of immature fellow non-achievers are attracted to the outcast. In this election, this group has been designated as the "moron vote". And, the "moron vote" knows who will supply their needs free of charge, free of effort, and free of personal responsibility.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:There has never been such a clear choice as Romney vs. Kardashian. The former is the champion of those who contribute to the system. The latter depends on all the takers from society.

An old high school analogy sums it up well. Romney is the class valedictorian who is president of the student government and prayer group and has been voted as most likely to succeed. Kardashian, on the other hand, is the super "cool", dope using (by his own admission) rebel who bucks continually rules and coasts (by his own admission) through his social promotion school knowing that he will go to college for free as a result to all of his "infirmities".

Sadly, a lot of immature fellow non-achievers are attracted to the outcast. In this election, this group has been designated as the "moron vote". And, the "moron vote" knows who will supply their needs free of charge, free of effort, and free of personal responsibility.
MY, my how quick people are to include what most christians usually call a cult, false religion, a christian, when it is a candidate of their party. Confusednicker:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:There has never been such a clear choice as Romney vs. Kardashian. The former is the champion of those who contribute to the system. The latter depends on all the takers from society.

I agree, Harry, it is sad. Obama has the moron vote sown up and the size of that voting bloc is growing faster than the overall population. The Obama presidency reminds me of the one that Luke Wilson joined in Idiocracy. Confusednicker:
If the law allows for a Social Security card that EVERY AMERICAN citizen is required to have, then what is the problem? Before this thread I did not know that a social security card would work. I see no debate if a person has to show ID, if that ID can be a piece of paper that they already legally have to have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:MY, my how quick people are to include what most christians usually call a cult, false religion, a christian, when it is a candidate of their party. Confusednicker:
Most Christians call Romney's religion a cult? Can you back up that claim? Do you think most Christians believe that Obama shares their religious beliefs, or will most Christians be voting for the best man in November?
LWC Wrote:If the law allows for a Social Security card that EVERY AMERICAN citizen is required to have, then what is the problem? Before this thread I did not know that a social security card would work. I see no debate if a person has to show ID, if that ID can be a piece of paper that they already legally have to have.
What is the difference in requiring a Social Security card and a photo ID - either a driver's license or a free state photo Id issued by a clerk's office? The only reason for people to oppose positively identifying voters at the polls is to facilitate voter fraud. There is no other logical reason to do so.
LWC Wrote:If the law allows for a Social Security card that EVERY AMERICAN citizen is required to have, then what is the problem? Before this thread I did not know that a social security card would work. I see no debate if a person has to show ID, if that ID can be a piece of paper that they already legally have to have.
It's just a republican ploy to have voters use a photo id to vote, because the voter who normally doesn't have a photo id are the poor, minority, and college kids, which are btw, usually democrat voters. It's only a republican ploy aimed at voter suppression. Notice that it's only happening in mostly republican controlled states.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Most Christians call Romney's religion a cult? Can you back up that claim? Do you think most Christians believe that Obama shares their religious beliefs, or will most Christians be voting for the best man in November?
As a former student of religion, I can say without question, that mormons are considered a cult by mainstream christians. Until Romney was a candidate, if you took a poll on BGR, the christians would have voted, "yes it's a cult".
TheRealVille Wrote:MY, my how quick people are to include what most christians usually call a cult, false religion, a christian, when it is a candidate of their party. Confusednicker:

You are talking in circles, TheRealVille. I have never said anything negative about Mormons. I suspect that all Christians could learn something about responsible living from Romney and the Mormons.

On the other hand, what positive can be learned from Kardashian and his Muslim brothers?

Mormons are no threat to civilized society. The same can't be said about Kardashian's group.

But, of course, you realize that my analogy hit the bull's eye so you can't rebut it. So why not talk in circles?
TheRealVille Wrote:It's just a republican ploy to have voters use a photo id to vote, because the voter who normally doesn't have a photo id are the poor, minority, and college kids, which are btw, usually democrat voters. It's only a republican ploy aimed at voter suppression. Notice that it's only happening in mostly republican controlled states.
It's happening in Republican states because Democratic Secretaries of State are working hard to make voter fraud easier, like it is in Chicago. The Obama Department of Injustice even sued the state of Florida in an attempt to prevent them from removing dead voters and convicted felons from their voter registration lists. It is hilarious to hear members of the Democratic Party, birthplace of the ACORN family of organizations, to accuse the Republican Party of organized voter fraud. The GOP is reacting to voter fraud by organizations like ACORN, who Democrats have spent millions of taxpayer dollars organizing.
TheRealVille Wrote:As a former student of religion, I can say without question, that mormons are considered a cult by mainstream christians. Until Romney was a candidate, if you took a poll on BGR, the christians would have voted, "yes it's a cult".
You can say whatever you want, but unless you have some facts to back up your opinions, you are just blowing hot air. Do you have anything to back up your statement, or was it just your personal opinion as a non-Christian speaking on behalf of Christians everywhere?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You can say whatever you want, but unless you have some facts to back up your opinions, you are just blowing hot air. Do you have anything to back up your statement, or was it just your personal opinion as a non-Christian speaking on behalf of Christians everywhere?
They have google in DC, right. But, of course you know what I said is true.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...8&oe=UTF-8
If this argument gets down to Mormons vs. Muslims, I would think the choice is obvious. When was the last time anyone ever heard of militant Mormons killing and mutilating others? Don't criticize Romney and his religion until you take a good look at your boy and his lifetime associations.
TheRealVille Wrote:They have google in DC, right. But, of course you know what I said is true.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...8&oe=UTF-8
What a weak and dishonest response! :hilarious:

If I Google "Obama's gay lover", guess what pops up? If you do not want to back up your assertion that most Christians consider Mormonism a cult, just admit that you were offering an opinion. There is no shame in that - but there is in dishonestly dodging the question and referring me to Google. You make the mistake of thinking that all of us are as gullible as Obama voters.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If this argument gets down to Mormons vs. Muslims, I would think the choice is obvious. When was the last time anyone ever heard of militant Mormons killing and mutilating others? Don't criticize Romney and his religion until you take a good look at your boy and his lifetime associations.
The atheist vs. Mormon choice is not a difficult one either, Harry. And not many Christians identify with black liberation theology, whether it is mixed with Christianity, Islam, or both.
With out showing who I am I can go vote with out prof who I am and vote using someones name beside my own? What if my name is Jim Doe. So I can show up and vote under Joe Doe because they cant ask me to prove who I am? Sweet. I think I will find out were Barrack Obama is registered to vote and tell them I'm Barrack Obama or should I vote under Barry Soetoro? Maybe I can use 1 of the 16 social security numbers Obama uses. If they deny me the right to vote I will sue. The Democratic and TheRealville way
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The atheist vs. Mormon choice is not a difficult one either, Harry. And not many Christians identify with black liberation theology, whether it is mixed with Christianity, Islam, or both.

Wow, that was a record. I was wondering how much longer we were going to kick that around. Mormons don't fly jumbo jets through skyscrapers.:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If this argument gets down to Mormons vs. Muslims, I would think the choice is obvious. When was the last time anyone ever heard of militant Mormons killing and mutilating others? Don't criticize Romney and his religion until you take a good look at your boy and his lifetime associations.
Obama is not a muslim, so the point is moot.