Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Romney vs. Obama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who will win this election? i think obama will win 53% - 47% but it will be closer than 2008 because the results havent been what people are expecting. i think people need to be patient. the media shows obama ahead in almost every poll but it's not a big lead.
I believe it all depends on voter turnout. If the same celebs and college students show up, Obama wins. If not, Romney wins.

Romney has a MUCH better chance to win than McCain did.
LWC Wrote:I believe it all depends on voter turnout. If the same celebs and college students show up, Obama wins. If not, Romney wins.

Romney has a MUCH better chance to win than McCain did.
Not if the republicans can get their voter suppression laws enacted late enough that the courts can't overturn them before the election, like the court in Texas did. ID laws are merely a tool for republicans can stop the minorities, poor, and college students from being able to vote. Might I add, that these people will overwhelmingly vote for Obama. If you can't beat it, cut it's legs off.
^I don't understand. If you have to be 18 to vote anyway, why would requiring ID keep college students and celebs from voting?

I am not a fan of Jim Crowe laws happening again, but I have no problem with someone proving that they are of legal age to vote.
LWC Wrote:^I don't understand. If you have to be 18 to vote anyway, why would requiring ID keep college students and celebs from voting?

I am not a fan of Jim Crowe laws happening again, but I have no problem with someone proving that they are of legal age to vote.
If they are registered, their name will be on a list at their precinct, and they sign before they vote. Republicans know that a lot of minorities, poor, and college students don't have a "state" issued ID. It's nothing more than a "poll tax". Google poll tax and you will see striking similarities. Republicans falsely say it will stop multiple voting, but once a voter has signed the sheet at the polls, they can't vote again. There is no reason for an ID, other than to keep Obama voters from voting. LWC, this is a Jim Crow law, nothing more.
^With the changes to SSI and other types of government programs now going to a direct deposit payment format, at least in Kentucky, banks require a photo ID to open an account. Poor people are being forced to get a state issued ID anyway.

When I show up the polls, I tell them my name AND show my ID to prove that I am who I say I am. Isn't that common practice? Maybe my precinct is breaking the law. If no ID is required, I could show up and say my name is Bob Dole and vote, and then go to another precinct and say that my name is George Jones and vote, etc...
Showing ID isn't a problem for me. However, I do not support a poll tax, or any voter segregation, etc...
LWC Wrote:^With the changes to SSI and other types of government programs now going to a direct deposit payment format, at least in Kentucky, banks require a photo ID to open an account. Poor people are being forced to get a state issued ID anyway.

When I show up the polls, I tell them my name AND show my ID to prove that I am who I say I am. Isn't that common practice? Maybe my precinct is breaking the law. If no ID is required, I could show up and say my name is Bob Dole and vote, and then go to another precinct and say that my name is George Jones and vote, etc...
If your precinct is asking for a photo ID, they ARE breaking the law, if you live and vote in KY.
^Now I know. Thank you for letting me know that.

For the privacy of the precinct, I wont share it.
LWC Wrote:Showing ID isn't a problem for me. However, I do not support a poll tax, or any voter segregation, etc...
People who oppose laws requiring voters to show a photo ID are just supporting voter fraud. I have always shown an ID before voting, both in Kentucky and in Indiana. Most, if not all, states that require a photo ID will issue free IDs for people who do not have or do not want a driver's license. If people are too lazy to have a free photo ID made, then we are all better off if they stay home on election day.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:People who oppose laws requiring voters to show a photo ID are just supporting voter fraud. I have always shown an ID before voting, both in Kentucky and in Indiana. Most, if not all, states that require a photo ID will issue free IDs for people who do not have or do not want a driver's license. If people are too lazy to have a free photo ID made, then we are all better off if they stay home on election day.
If a KY precinct made you show it, they were breaking KY law. Are you in favor of states breaking the law when voters vote? Look for more federal court strike downs of these republican backed "Jim Crow" laws. Anybody else noticing that these laws are being made in republican run, red states?
TheRealVille Wrote:If a KY precinct made you show it, they were breaking KY law. Are you in favor of states breaking the law when voters vote?
I am in favor of all registered American citizens voting if they choose. I am opposed to unidentified individuals who claim to be American citizens voting. 70 percent of Americans believe that voters should be required to show proof of identity before voting. The remainder support voter fraud, whether they are willing to admit it or not.

As for Kentucky law, I have not voted in that state in many years and I have learned not to accept your claims as facts. I am much more concerned about qualified voters getting to vote than enabling illegal aliens and "snow birds" to vote illegally.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am in favor of all registered American citizens voting if they choose. I am opposed to unidentified individuals who claim to be American citizens voting. 70 percent of Americans believe that voters should be required to show proof of identity before voting. The remainder support voter fraud, whether they are willing to admit it or not.

As for Kentucky law, I have not voted in that state in many years and I have learned not to accept your claims as facts. I am much more concerned about qualified voters getting to vote than enabling illegal aliens and "snow birds" to vote illegally.
http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-electio...er-id.aspx Any more questions? Of course, I'm sure you already looked it up before you started twisting words, and talking out of the side of your mouth.
TheRealVille Wrote:http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-electio...er-id.aspx Any more questions? Of course, I'm sure you already looked it up before you started twisting words, and talking out of the side of your mouth.
Kentucky requires voters to identify themselves. The precinct where I voted asked me for an ID and I provided one, which in my case was my driver's license. They broke no law. Any more questions?

Do you oppose voters being required to identify themselves through documents or do you only oppose the photo ID requirement?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kentucky requires voters to identify themselves. The precinct where I voted asked me for an ID and I provided one, which in my case was my driver's license. They broke no law. Any more questions?

Do you oppose voters being required to identify themselves through documents or do you only oppose the photo ID requirement?
I will never provide a photo id, as long as it's not KY law. Show me where KY requires voters to photo id themselves, I can't find it. The truth is, they don't have to. They might have to show id, but it's not required to show a photo id.

Quote:117.227 Confirmation of voter's identity.
Election officers shall confirm the identity of each voter by personal acquaintance or by a document, such as a motor vehicle operator's license, Social Security card, or credit card. The election officer confirming the identity shall sign the precinct voter roster and list the method of identification.
Effective: July 15, 2002
History: Amended 2002 Ky. Acts ch. 10, sec. 1, effective July 15, 2002. -- Created 1988 Ky. Acts ch. 341, sec. 9, effective July 15, 1988.
TheRealVille Wrote:I will never provide a photo id, as long as it's not KY law. Show me where KY requires voters to photo id themselves, I can't find it. The truth is, they don't have to. They might have to show id, but it's not required to show a photo id.
I never claimed that anybody demanded a photo id. I don't need to show you anything. You posted the map that says Kentucky requires a non-photo id. All I said was that I have always shown an id when I voted in the past.
TheRealVille Wrote:I will never provide a photo id, as long as it's not KY law. Show me where KY requires voters to photo id themselves, I can't find it. The truth is, they don't have to. They might have to show id, but it's not required to show a photo id.

When you get started on something like this you start the 'words twisting talk'. I'm a Ky voter. I have to prove I'm who I say I am everytime I go to the poll. They always ask for a driver's license. Anybody who says voters shouldn't have to identify themselves in a developed nation like the US is blowing smoke. If they want to vote why can't they get down to the courthouse sometime during the year, register and get an ID. If this was Afghanistan you might sell that argument, not in this country.
TheRealThing Wrote:When you get started on something like this you start the 'words twisting talk'. I'm a Ky voter. I have to prove I'm who I say I am everytime I go to the poll. They always ask for a driver's license. Anybody who says voters shouldn't have to identify themselves in a developed nation like the US is blowing smoke. If they want to vote why can't they get down to the courthouse sometime during the year, register and get an ID. If this was Afghanistan you might sell that argument, not in this country.
They are breaking KY law then. You DO NOT have to show a picture id, or KY drivers license, in KY. A credit card will even do.
TheRealVille Wrote:They are breaking KY law then. You DO NOT have to show a picture id, or KY drivers license, in KY. A credit card will even do.

Well, I heard a utility bill will even do. But, who doesn't have an ID? No wonder they can't find work.
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, I heard a utility bill will even do. But, who doesn't have an ID? No wonder they can't find work.
i guess you "heard" wrong. Of course, we know you know what the law says, but you are conservative, you will twist it.
TheRealVille Wrote:i guess you "heard" wrong. Of course, we know you know what the law says, but you are conservative, you will twist it.

One way or the other. The threat of fraud at the polls has caused voter ID laws to be enacted. They're not likely to go away for a long time.
TheRealVille Wrote:Not if the republicans can get their voter suppression laws enacted late enough that the courts can't overturn them before the election, like the court in Texas did. ID laws are merely a tool for republicans can stop the minorities, poor, and college students from being able to vote. Might I add, that these people will overwhelmingly vote for Obama. If you can't beat it, cut it's legs off.

Man, that's crazy. You have to be 18 to vote anyway, what is wrong with asking for ID to vote?! It keeps more voter fraud from happening than it keeps poor people from voting, lol! Contrary to what you may believe, quite a bit of poor people, minorities and college kids can afford the $20 every 2-3 years for an ID.

You can't seriously believe that, it just doesn't make sense.
vundy33 Wrote:Man, that's crazy. You have to be 18 to vote anyway, what is wrong with asking for ID to vote?! It keeps more voter fraud from happening than it keeps poor people from voting, lol! Contrary to what you may believe, quite a bit of poor people, minorities and college kids can afford the $20 every 2-3 years for an ID.

You can't seriously believe that, it just doesn't make sense.
No it doesn't. A picture id has never slowed voter fraud, because it's never been an issue. Most voter fraud is in absentee ballots, not in id's. It's all a red state ruse to keep certain people from voting. Study, my friend. The answers aren't on BGR.
TheRealVille Wrote:No it doesn't. A picture id has never slowed voter fraud, because it's never been an issue. Most voter fraud is in absentee ballots, not in id's. It's all a red state ruse to keep certain people from voting. Study, my friend. The answers aren't on BGR.

That isn't what you all said about Florida in 2004. Then it was voter disenfranchisement at the polls. Nobody can make a credible case for not asking a voter for an ID.
TheRealThing Wrote:That isn't what you all said about Florida in 2004. Then it was voter disenfranchisement at the polls. Nobody can make a credible case for not asking a voter for an ID.
Show where I said that, or say you are a liar. Why is a photo id better than a credit card, or a SS card id?
TheRealVille Wrote:No it doesn't. A picture id has never slowed voter fraud, because it's never been an issue. Most voter fraud is in absentee ballots, not in id's. It's all a red state ruse to keep certain people from voting. Study, my friend. The answers aren't on BGR.

I do study, and I've never said the answer are on BGR, you know better that that.

Every single year we hear of voter fraud, every year. Asking for a simple ID wouldn't hurt that. It's not a ruse, if people are dumb enough to want to vote for President Obama, especially college kids with what kind of ridiculousness going on on college campuses these days, then let them, it's their future, I couldn't care less for who they vote for. You have to have an ID to drive, to open a bank account, to get a job, to buy cigarettes and alcohol, to do pretty much everything as an adult...why not have to show one to vote? At least some proof you are who you say you are.
TheRealVille Wrote:Show where I said that, or say you are a liar. Why is a photo id better than a credit card, or a SS card id?

The dems were screaming about it, they went on and on. Lawyers were on 16 inch centers in Dade county. Unless I missed my guess I'd have said you were a democrat in 2004. Hence, the "you all". Why do you suppose they require a picture on your driver's license? Obviously to establish positive ID
By not requiring voters to produce a photo ID; does it take more legit votes away or does it allow more voter fraud? If we know the answer to that, we know what to do.
I really don't think it takes more legit votes away...heck, most of the time less than 50% of the population cares enough to vote anyway. This past election in 2008 was the first time in quite a while. What makes people think that those poor people and minorities who don't even have a job and contribute nothing to society care enough to vote is beyond me...
vundy33 Wrote:I really don't think it takes more legit votes away...heck, most of the time less than 50% of the population cares enough to vote anyway. This past election in 2008 was the first time in quite a while. What makes people think that those poor people and minorities who don't even have a job and contribute nothing to society care enough to vote is beyond me...

That's the real aggregate. They could care less.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5