Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornette new coach at KCC
Let me get this straight.Jamie Couch resigns,Danny Rice resigns halfway through the 2012 season,and Cavenaugh Trent coaches the rest of the 2012 season.Now the assistant coaches are leaving also.Scott Cornett is announced coach,but wait a minute,he's not the coach,wait he is the coach,and finally he's not the coach officially. Am I the only one confused about all of this?Think it's strange that all these coaches are quality coaches that could help the program and move KCC in the right direction.
Middle school coach is Motley Wicline from the Estill County area I believe & he coached this past year. The Motley Crue comment was classic and that has killed me,lol. Don't know much about him but Mcgee is from the Hazard area and played some at Hazard if I remember correctly.Over all,KCC has alot of baseball tradition and would like to see them get back on track. Good luck KCC and hope you guys find a coach that will help your program.
Cavanaugh Trent is the man for the job if he truly will dedicate 3 months of his time. I no he is a busy guy. :biglmao:
Got the low down on this Motley guy. He is from powell county played for Bryan dean in 2000 and was a decent player. Has a good amount of baseball knowledge and understand the game, this what I am being told. I do remember him from basketball now, he coached Jones Fork. Sound like a good guy, with a understanding of the kids, maybe this would be a good step. I know that we need a coach and need one now. Give him a shot unless someone, unless someone knows a reason.
Scott would have a been a great coach for KCC. It's a shame the powers that be at ALC wouldn't allow him to spend time coaching where they can have a real high school baseball team and spend time with his son.
Would like to see Jamie Couch take the job again...but I think he has two young boys that he coaching in baseball. They need someone that will bring stability to the program.
ALC's baseball team was and will always be a joke.

:truestory: