Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornette new coach at KCC
Congrats to Scott Cornette for taking over as the new baseball coach at Knott County Central. Cornette did a great job at Alice Lloyd and good hire by KCC.
Scott will do a great job at KCC. Has a son that's still in grade school and coming up through KCC. This brings stability to the program and the kids really like Cornett as a coach.Good pickup KCC.
CLassy Guy, great pick up for KCC!
very good pick'up for KCC.
GREAT pickup for KCC!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I am glad to see that KCC has a coach, just not glad that it is Scott Cornett. Scott was a great player and has be a stable coach at ALC, but I don't believe that Knott is going in the right direction here. Scott teaching the inside out swing is a joke, I would not let my son go to his camp because of that. Scott is really good at sh**talking kids. He has made very negative statements about his players, like Austyn Turner, which is a great kid that works hard daily to get better. He will also put his son Dalton ahead of some of the KCC players, not because he is better, because Scott is trying to make him something before he is really ready. Dalton is a really good, middle school player, but is Leslie County was right in not having him on the High School team last year. Dalton needs to grow and get stronger. Decisions have be made and now KCC will have to live with their decision. Hopefully this one will be like the last last two coaches and be gone sooner than later.:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
Well rudimentary I think you are way off. Scott is an excellent coach and great with kids. He will do an excellent job, given time, has has a tremendous amount of rebuilding to do from little league up. As far as Dalton goes I would not expect Scott to make him starting catcher but having seen Knott play, I would say he has an excellent changce of playing right away, second base outfield or somewhere. I wish Coach the best!
Nice use of words, but you must be drinking the kool-aid too. Scott cares about Scott, turned his back on JBS and Leslie, just cause he did not get what he wanted. There are many incoming freshman that are much better than Dalton, but he will get more time than he deserves. Cheyne miller and Ben rogers will be shafted too. Bristol McGee should be your catcher for the next four years. Also Scott being great with the kids, is the funniest thing you said. His camp is to benefit him and I know what he said about the kids that are on KCC, Austyn Turner needs to be leary.
Scott will do just fine at KCC. Done a great job at ALC and loves the game. As far as all the negative comments,just don't see it.I believe players will get time earned. If they work hard during the off season,Scott will reward them.He wants to build a team that will be successful and he has several players that are coming up that will contribute to the team.Don't thing King will allow politics to be a factor,she wants a successful program that builds character and molds young men. Cornett was their choice and fans need to support that decision.I think it was a good choice.
That is a load of crap. Mrs. King used this as a chance to take a shot at JBS. I hope the war between them with transfers from school to school starts again.
this is a good choice. The baseball program was almost back to where it was about 4 or five years ago during Hammonds last yr. But there is some good young players to build from. Turner doesnt have anything to worry about, he is one of the best players they have. Sounds like someone is jealous. I think Mcgee will be a great catcher, and will be used there a lot. Its better to have too many good catchers than not enough. I know Scott personally, and id say you cant find anyone that has played for him that didnt like him as a coach. Second of all, there is not a whole lot to choose from when it comes to quality coaches in this area, and when you can get one that has coached at the college level, that is a great addition. I really dont see the problem, they barely had enough players to field a team after they graduated 6 or 7 seniors, so playing time will be there for a lot of people. congrats to scott
I played for Scott at alc and started 3 of the 4 years, I was there. So I know him personally too. So this is my last comment on this topic. Congratulation to Scott Cornett, hopefully I am wrong and you have changed since last season. Heading across the hill to watch a real coach.
This is a step up for Knott Central. Not crazy about Cornette or anything. He is a good baseball guy and probably better than anyone in Eastern Kentucky that Cavanaugh Trent could get.
I think this is a good hire for Knott. He ran a clean program at ALC. Nothing great on the competitive level but look around at some of the successful coaches in this area. A lot played under Coach Cornett. I believe he will be a good coach at the HS level and will turn KCC into a winning program once again.
Great hire.
Looks like someone is in the minority.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Despite what many believe, the Knott Central baseball team has been very successful the last few years.They have not had a losing season since 2008 when they finished 2-25 under coach Hammonds. In 2009 they were 22-5 under Coach Couch, 2010 they were 18-16, 2011 they were 24-7 and lost in the finals of the 14th region. Last year they finished at 17-17 under Coach Rice and Coach Trent. I do agree that Coach Cornett will have some rebuilding to do this year. They will be very young. I believe that Coach Cornett will be a positive influence and will be a great asset to the KCC program.
I spoke with someone at Alice Lloyd today and they told me that Coach Cornette turned down the job. So according to them. This thread is false.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
According to Coach Cornett himself he will be coaching. Unless he has had a change of heart over the weekend.
So any official announcement at Knott Central yet concerning this? Thought that Cornett was officially announced last week but seems like the details are sketchy or some things need to be ironed out.
Whether he takes the job or not doesn't matter at all to me but this much does matter to me. Coach Cornette is a good man. He works hard and treats the kids good. He's a great husband and father. Sure he expects his players to be disciplined and respectful but what is wrong with that. You don't have to agree with a coach's style or philosophy but what right does that give you to hide behind a username and degrade him as a person and say that he will do this or that. And I've never met a player that played 4 years for Coach Cornette at ALC that didn't walk out a better man and have nothing but good things to say about him. It's people that do things like this that make me sick. I know of many a coach today in Eastern Ky in different sports that are or have been very successful that can directly say that Coach Cornette played a positive role in their lives, not only as a coach, but as a person, mainly as a husband and father. All you haters get a life.....Good luck coach no matter where you are.
Coach Cornett has always been a pleasure in any dealings I have had with the man. Not only is he a great man, he will be able to show a lot of kids what it takes to be in a College system. That is an invaluable trait for anyone who wants to take a step up.
So is Scott the coach or not? Wish they could have worked it out with Gene, but it was not to be. If Scott doesn't take it who else is even in the conversion. I hear Coach Mullins is not going to be helping anymore. Is this true? If so why? Is there anyone left from the coaching staff? Thanks to anyone that can help me.
Guys let's don't get carried away!

According to KHSAA the position is still open
Bring in Buzz Couch.
Great hire he bring them to another level.
Buzz is not the one for the job. Keep searching....
Scott is not the coach. ALC will not allow him to keep his job and coach KCC. So who is the next choice? I have hear this Motley guy's name. Who is that? I just think that Cavaugh is going to have to coach the team.
Motley Crüe baby! Let's relive the eighties and bring back Coach Hammonds. Logic has finally prevailed.
KCC82 Wrote:Scott is not the coach. ALC will not allow him to keep his job and coach KCC. So who is the next choice? I have hear this Motley guy's name. Who is that? I just think that Cavaugh is going to have to coach the team.

Thank You.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis