Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Osborne returning to Kentucky, will be introduced at Montgomery Co.
Could be wrong but I would fully expect Pikeville College to try and get Happy if Kelly Wells gets Morehead State. I really doubt Happy wants to be teaching and Coaching when he can just Coach. In his interview Happy said he wanted away from the rat race of college basketball. I think he just wanted to be a head coach again it had nothing to do with the rat race of college coaching. JMO Look for Happy to go to Pikeville if Kelly Wells gets Morehead.
Happy knows his stuff. I was disappointed with how Montgomery County treated their previous coach, but I do wish Happy all the best and hope that he succeeds at Montgomery County. They have a lot of good talent.
Could Happy take a detour and end up at an university in the far eastern part of our state???
Gold Charger Wrote:Not a chance. I doubt he has a teaching certificate so there goes teaching or principal. They would have to hire him at the district level in a job that did not require a teaching certificate. Transportation director, technology director or something like that. Since both of those jobs require a lot of work, I honestly doubt that happens. The only thing they can pay him for coaching the boys is the same coaching stipend that they pay the girls coach.

All jobs at the board have a salary schedule that has to be followed. No one in the district can just make up a salary and pay someone what ever they want. So with that said, if they are going to give him another job it is going to have to be something that doesn't requrie a teaching certificate and my guess, something that would not require him to be in the building from 8-4 every day. It will come out soon what kind of job he gets other than coaching, and he won't make 180K

Was told he does have a teaching certification. The 180+ was for him and his wife a job.[/QUOTE]

That makes more sense.

What is credit recovery?
He's a good coach.
I don't think anyone has ever questioned the fact that Happy can coach, I think the question is why the sudden move to high school and Montgomery County??? I am sure Montgomery County doors are open to the possibility of transfers???
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:LA LA LA Land, you might want to check around the state they are coaches making will above 60K and don't have classroom duties and don't arrive @ their perspective job until noon or later.

I don't recall saying ANYONE was EARNING what they were making, be it
in any job descritpion. But no h.s. coaches are being paid the kind of money being suggested, as their coaching salary. They may well be in jobs that don't require them to actualyl work, but they ARE hired as "curriculum co-ordinators", "vice principals" etc. Of course that may say more about
the cynicism of our system than if they were just flat out paid the big bucks
to just coach. But, for the most part, IN THEORY at least, there is some
lip service paid to the notion that theri primary job is something school related, and their coaching salary is ancillary.
Did they graduate the really good wing player from last year?
Mountain Wrote:Did they graduate the really good wing player from last year?

Omar Prewitt, no he will be a senior this year.
Observing Wrote:I don't recall saying ANYONE was EARNING what they were making, be it
in any job descritpion. But no h.s. coaches are being paid the kind of money being suggested, as their coaching salary. They may well be in jobs that don't require them to actualyl work, but they ARE hired as "curriculum co-ordinators", "vice principals" etc. Of course that may say more about
the cynicism of our system than if they were just flat out paid the big bucks
to just coach. But, for the most part, IN THEORY at least, there is some
lip service paid to the notion that theri primary job is something school related, and their coaching salary is ancillary.
As stated perspective job, Homebound superviser who never makes a home visit. Yea they may be techicnally be list as a superviser, but their main purpose is to coach. Maybe you don't know or don't want to admit the fact we have coaches that do nothing but coach during basketball and football season reguardless of what their job title states.
Montgomery Co couldnt got a better man and coach. They'll be at Rupp next March.
Great hire for MCHS.
Tailback44 Wrote:Montgomery Co couldnt got a better man and coach. They'll be at Rupp next March.

If they don't.....look out Mount Sterling........
Great hire. Good job by the MC super.