Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knicks 100 - Bulls 99 (OT)
Strikeout King Wrote:I don't see how because every game I've seen with the Lakers he shoots about 50 times a game

Here it is on the website

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/eSeZl.jpg?1]

also...
The most shots Kobe has attempted in a game this year is 31
He went 15/31 for 42 points against Cleveland early in the season.
I don't know what game you saw him shoot about 50 shots in.
It must have been the game a few years ago when he dropped 81 points.
He shot 46 shots in that one.
I understand that he's all the Lakers have got and that's why they won't get any where until they get him more help. If he had help the Lakers wouldn't be 35-22, they'd be something like 42-13, 43-12 some where around there
Strikeout King Wrote:I understand that he's all the Lakers have got and that's why they won't get any where until they get him more help. If he had help the Lakers wouldn't be 35-22, they'd be something like 42-13, 43-12 some where around there

The Lakers are right where they need to be and Kobe has help.
The record means nothing.
Kobe has the most skilled big man in the league, one of the very few true centers left in the league, a host of good role players, and they just picked up a sparkplug at the PG spot in Ramon Sessions who has played wonderful since he suited up. Averaging 13.5 pts 7.4 asts. It isn't amazing - but it is a completely different world than Derek Fisher.
and that's why there 35-22. Lakers aren't the past Lakers and never will be.
Lakers currently have their starters...
Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Sessions, WorldPeace

and they have several legit role players...
Troy Murphy
Josh McRoberts
Matt Barnes
Steve Blake
Devin Ebanks
I don't count Goudelock even though he gets PT.

That is enough to win 40 games in the East at this point.
I gotta go home...

This is like trying to tell a wall that grass is green.
They should have already won 40 games but I guess they couldn't beat the Hornets, Suns, Rockets or Grizzlies

1-2 vs. Suns

1-2 vs. Rockets

2-1 vs. Grizzlies

2-0 vs. Grizzlies

If those teams were in the East the East Teams wouldn't be struggling to put those teams away like the Lakers have
If the West is better than the East then who has more Championships?

East (36)

Cetlics- 17
New York Knicks-2
Bulls-6
Pistons- 3
76ers- 3
Hawks- 1
Wizards- 1
Bucks- 1
Heat- 1
Bullets- 1

West (29)

Lakers- 16
Wariors- 3
Spurs- 4
Rockets- 2
Blazers- 1
Supersonic- 1
Kings- 1
Mavericks - 1
Strikeout King Wrote:Haters gonna Hate

To be the best you have to beat the best

When someone says 'Haters gonna hate', they're basically admitting defeat in the argument, and can no longer provide insightful information or logic.

Zaga is not really hating on the Bulls. He correctly identified where they bully on the vast amount of lottery teams that the East has, while just going 11-6 against the West.

The West is clearly stronger from top to bottom. Zaga had the stats to back it up.

Also, the Lakers will always own LA.
Strikeout King Wrote:If the West is better than the East then who has more Championships?

East (36)

Cetlics- 17
New York Knicks-2
Bulls-6
Pistons- 3
76ers- 3
Hawks- 1
Wizards- 1
Bucks- 1
Heat- 1
Bullets- 1

West (29)

Lakers- 16
Wariors- 3
Spurs- 4
Rockets- 2
Blazers- 1
Supersonic- 1
Kings- 1
Mavericks - 1

We're not talking about the history of the NBA, we're discussing the present.
Lakers aren't gonna make it out of the West, just like last year when they got swept by a Dallas team who is now struggling to find their mojo.
Aslan Wrote:We're not talking about the history of the NBA, we're discussing the present.

He said it wasn't about Wins and Losses. If It's not about Wins and Losses then what is it about?
I'm not a Lakers fan, but they'll be a tough out for anyone when the playoffs roll around.
Ballers Wrote:Lakers aren't gonna make it out of the West, just like last year when they got swept by a Dallas team who is now struggling to find their mojo.

Magic are gonna win it all
Strikeout King Wrote:He said it wasn't about Wins and Losses. If It's not about Wins and Losses then what is it about?

I don't think wins that happened before Kobe Bryant ever picked up a basketball have any relevance to our argument
WideRight05 Wrote:I'm not a Lakers fan, but they'll be a tough out for anyone when the playoffs roll around.

Thank the Lord we have someone that understands.
The Lakers had a shaky start...
they struggled leading up to the trade deadline...
and have been inconsistent to say the least.

But even in their inconsitency they are winning their division and are sitting in the third spot in the West.

The playoffs are a completely different beast than the regular season.
It's all about being healthy, having veterans that have been there, role-players that come in and ease the load and lower the starters' minutes, and having a staff that can make the game-to-game adjustments to get you to the promised land.

The Lakers have all the pieces....
but they have to put it together and peak at the right time.
Strikeout King Wrote:They should have already won 40 games but I guess they couldn't beat the Hornets, Suns, Rockets or Grizzlies

1-2 vs. Suns

1-2 vs. Rockets

2-1 vs. Grizzlies

2-0 vs. Grizzlies

If those teams were in the East the East Teams wouldn't be struggling to put those teams away like the Lakers have

Suns, Rockets and Grizzlies have excelled against the East this year.
They all have winning records against East Coast opponents and the Grizzlies have honestly wiped the floor with the East.

So no...
if those teams were in the East they would not be put away without a struggle.
zaga_fan Wrote:Thank the Lord we have someone that understands.
The Lakers had a shaky start...
they struggled leading up to the trade deadline...
and have been inconsistent to say the least.

But even in their inconsitency they are winning their division and are sitting in the third spot in the West.

The playoffs are a completely different beast than the regular season.
It's all about being healthy, having veterans that have been there, role-players that come in and ease the load and lower the starters' minutes, and having a staff that can make the game-to-game adjustments to get you to the promised land.

The Lakers have all the pieces....
but they have to put it together and peak at the right time.

Agreed. IMO they will put it together come playoff time. Not to mention, Sessions is still in the process of getting that offense down. It will probably be a few more games before they click but I believe it will take a lot to knock them out this year.
and the Lakers are 8-9 against East Teams with one of those losses coming to the Wizards
I heard this same crap last year from Ballers and we had a West Coast team as champions for the third straight year.