Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirit Award
Shouldn't we be proud that a Johnson Co. school is going to state...If Paintsville was in the regional final then thats who I would have been cheering for...I wanna keep the regional title in Johnson Co. no matter who wins it all!!!
I can't think of a single Paintsville cheer that JC has ever stolen. I do know that Paintsville started copying JC's football music and even took a laptop to the Expo Center to play Zombie Nation. But that's beside the point. JC's two biggest cheers are EIEIEIO and the one that spells out Johnson Central. I don't think those came from Paintsville.
And JC did not buy out Pikeville to organize it. I believe the 57th district organized the Regional Tournament, which has more teams than just JC. And then different school groups rotated through selling concessions and shirts to earn part of the profits. So JC didn't rip anyone off there.
And honestly, my favorite thing about JC's student section, and something I'm sure most adults appreciate, is that they're respectful. I didn't hear a single chant about hanging refs or see them turn their backs on other people's cheerleaders. And afterwards they didn't do anything to rub it in. I believe they only thing they chanted was "Rupp Arena, Rupp Rupp Arena." And I can tell you I can think of some schools who would have charged the floor after the game but JC didn't.
Anyway, just my two cents because some previous posts were definite BS.
[quote author=Eagle03/06 link=topic=20758.msg210913#msg210913 date=1142308656]
I can't think of a single Paintsville cheer that JC has ever stolen. I do know that Paintsville started copying JC's football music and even took a laptop to the Expo Center to play Zombie Nation. But that's beside the point. JC's two biggest cheers are EIEIEIO and the one that spells out Johnson Central. I don't think those came from Paintsville.
And JC did not buy out Pikeville to organize it. I believe the 57th district organized the Regional Tournament, which has more teams than just JC. And then different school groups rotated through selling concessions and shirts to earn part of the profits. So JC didn't rip anyone off there.
And honestly, my favorite thing about JC's student section, and something I'm sure most adults appreciate, is that they're respectful. I didn't hear a single chant about hanging refs or see them turn their backs on other people's cheerleaders. And afterwards they didn't do anything to rub it in. I believe they only thing they chanted was "Rupp Arena, Rupp Rupp Arena." And I can tell you I can think of some schools who would have charged the floor after the game but JC didn't.
Anyway, just my two cents because some previous posts were definite BS.
[/quote]

You are correct they did not buy it off of Pikeville they bought it off of Pike Central i think i would know considering my dad is on site base at Pike Central if you was not aware the regional tournaments were suppost to be at Pike Central this year but Pike Central gave it up to Johnson Central or the 57th district for 27K so that if the tournament was to change next year from expo to high school gyms again then Pike Central would host it at home that is how it went down..PC got 27K and Johnson Central hosted it i mean considering their superindent was the one who conducted the draw that is normaly a given...When a school does host the tournament the superintendent OR someone from the administration from that school is the one who conducts the draw and I know that it was someone from their admin considering i was at the draw... :argue:
[quote author=swim move link=topic=20758.msg209340#msg209340 date=1142134234]
[quote author=Envy~Me~Always link=topic=20758.msg209267#msg209267 date=1142132152]
Johnson Central's pep section...
[/quote]
I saw that coming...and who judged it...let's see...CENTRAL ORGANIZED THE TOURNAMENT THIS YEAR!  they got the honor of winning it with paintsville's original cheers. 500$ well wasted if u ask me.

[/quote]

Sounds lilke a sore loser to me.....
Guys let it go it's done and over with. All the school's i've seen in the 15th have good pep sections, Jc's just happened to be the best that night. Pep sections are like ball club any can beat the other on any given night.
[quote author=tigerprep link=topic=20758.msg210129#msg210129 date=1142215554]
It doesn't really matter who won and who didn't. All I'm saying is that Paintsville's pep section was a great pep section and that I am proud that we cheered as hard and as loud as we did. And here this thing is getting turned into this something stupid about how we didn't get out of first round region and how Central's going to state. And the only reason why I'm supposedly "whining" about the award is because someone said that our section sucked. I like to stand up for what I believe in. So deal with it.
[/quote]

I'll back you up on that Paintsville has a good pep section. I love watching them and JC go at it when they play each other. I think what really hurt Paintsville is the size of it i mean most of the schools in the 15th are bigger than paintsville ( not meant in a bad way.) and the more ppl you have in one section the louder you are.
[quote author=15thRegionSlamaBamma link=topic=20758.msg211010#msg211010 date=1142341589]
[/quote]

You are correct they did not buy it off of Pikeville they bought it off of Pike Central i think i would know considering my dad is on site base at Pike Central if you was not aware the regional tournaments were suppost to be at Pike Central this year but Pike Central gave it up to Johnson Central or the 57th district for 27K so that if the tournament was to change next year from expo to high school gyms again then Pike Central would host it at home that is how it went down..PC got 27K and Johnson Central hosted it i mean considering their superindent was the one who conducted the draw that is normaly a given...When a school does host the tournament the superintendent OR someone from the administration from that school is the one who conducts the draw and I know that it was someone from their admin considering i was at the draw... :argue:
Quote:

Who cares!  JC's pep section did not win because JC supposedly hosted the tournament.  JC's pep section simply rocked during the first round.  You need to stop believing that there is this big conspiracy theory going on to discredit or harm Paintsville High School. It's truly ridiculous.

JC deserved it....they were respectful of the other team, their fans, and their cheerleaders as well as the refs. The only cheers done were to encourage their boys...not degrade the other team. There was no chanting by the pep section when the other teams cheerleaders were on the floor...and there was polite applause following the other cheerleaders cheers. There were no rude gestures made from the pep section over to Pikeville's pep section when I saw several aimed at JC's pep section from the Pikeville stands. 

There was style and class shown and they pulled their boys back into the game and because of that JC won their game.  The pep section did their job so that the boys could do their jobs.  Pure and simple.
Quote:
There was style and class shown and they pulled their boys back into the game and because of that JC won their game. The pep section did their job so that the boys could do their jobs. Pure and simple.
Quote:

GOOD POST Imnottelling! :thumpsup:
this thread has run its course and is getting closed before it gets way out of hand.