Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the deal with Belfry's pep section...
BMS took a fan bus and had a whole lot more support at their co tourney.  Parents,  kids...the band...huge participation!  Made plenty of noise!  :pirateshoot:

I dont know whats wrong on the high school level.  But I do know that "yes" there were pep rallys before most every football game!!  During BBall they have continued the dress up days, it is soposed to be mandatory for cheerleaders, but most other students dont participate, they've had some pep rallys, always have to do signs, make bags ect.  but its the student body who are not cheering or playing, they just have no school spirit and as far as adults go, its mostly JUST parents during BBall.  I know one thing that makes me mad, is that my family has and will continue to buy every T shirt/sweat shirt Belfry sells and we go to every game, football and basketball both and have for years.  We have our seats ect ect.  THEN come tourney time, people who never come out and support Belfry all of the sudden come out of the woodwork and WANT THE GOOD SEATS  :argue:  I know its hard to find time, but if we can find time anyone can.  We work, we have kids on several differnt playing levels, and we make time  :thumpsup:  COME ON BELFRY GET INVOLVED
yea, somehow some parents still got stuck in student section against valley and wouldnt allow us to have anymore people down there. and as far as the first time against p-burg A BELFRY FAN!!!!! some old guy from BELFRY!!! told SECURTIY on us for standing up claiming "HE COULDNT SEE" how ridiculous? we were trying to cheer on our team and they won't let us. One of the Belfry boys got into an arguement with him but it didn't help. One security gaurd told us to tell him to "F" off it was a sport event. The other told us to sit down. That's when we had to go behind the goal. I HATE THE EXPO!! , Belfry was always good until the EXPO. Hopefully everyone will come out Monday though
I purchased tickets from BHS.  The first night, BHS bought 1 section and sold the seats to the adults!!!!  If I had known, I wouldnt have bought them, but ALL the seats were sold to adults so it would not have done any good for just a few of us to move and I KNOW a bunch would not have given their seats up.  I thought it was pitiful how Belfry pep section had no where to sit and were moved around all night!  The spirit sections were judged the first night of play, Belfry kids had no specific place to stand and cheer!  Very sad!!  The 2nd game, they bought 2 sections, and once again sold the first section to the adults, then sold the 2nd section to students and what was left, sold them to adults.  I was sold tickets in the student section, but as soon as central left a bunch of us gave up our seats and moved over there.  I also know of several more who left the student section and went up top. All of the other schools had the reserved sections on the bottom FULL of STUDENTS!!!  and thats how it should have been!!!  But then you also have to go back to how not enough of the student body is supporting BBall...
[quote author=belfrypirates00 link=topic=20619.msg209419#msg209419 date=1142137986]
and as far as the first time against p-burg A BELFRY FAN!!!!! some old guy from BELFRY!!! told SECURTIY on us for standing up claiming "HE COULDNT SEE" how ridiculous? we were trying to cheer on our team and they won't let us. One of the Belfry boys got into an arguement with him but it didn't help. One security gaurd told us to tell him to "F" off it was a sport event. The other told us to sit down. That's when we had to go behind the goal. I HATE THE EXPO!! , Belfry was always good until the EXPO. Hopefully everyone will come out Monday though
[/quote]

I saw that!!!  Was awful!  And thats the night you were judged for school spirit.
[quote author=throw deep link=topic=20619.msg208138#msg208138 date=1142029355]
[quote author=Phoenix link=topic=20619.msg208092#msg208092 date=1142023997]
Well you have to put some of the blame on the administration, during football season there are pep rally's every week, cookouts, fan bus, spirit days, etc. Then everyone goes into hibernation for three months until March rolls around and then they half-@$$ try to get everyone to come to games. I don't care if it is a 25 minute ride to Pikeville, they should have a bus and go to both the boy's and girl's games. This year BHS has the opportunity to win both. The entire school should be there supporting them. I don't know if there has been a school to win a Football regional championship, Volleyball regional championship, and Girls and Boys Basketball regional championship in the same year? It could happen this year.
[/quote]

They DO NOT have a pep rally every Friday for football games.  Get your facts straight.  The parents of the players are in charge of cookouts during football season, why don't the basketball parents organize a cookout.  But I guess that is the administration's fault!  From my experience it is up to the Spirit Team to set dress-up days not the administration.  Find someone else to blame!
[/quote]

Rolleyes

[quote author=NEXT link=topic=20619.msg209495#msg209495 date=1142148402]
Well you have to put some of the blame on the administration, during football season there are pep rally's every week, cookouts, fan bus, spirit days, etc. Then everyone goes into hibernation for three months until March rolls around and then they half-@$$ try to get everyone to come to games. I don't care if it is a 25 minute ride to Pikeville, they should have a bus and go to both the boy's and girl's games. This year BHS has the opportunity to win both. The entire school should be there supporting them. I don't know if there has been a school to win a Football regional championship, Volleyball regional championship, and Girls and Boys Basketball regional championship in the same year? It could happen this year.
[/quote]

They DO NOT have a pep rally every Friday for football games. Get your facts straight. The parents of the players are in charge of cookouts during football season, why don't the basketball parents organize a cookout. But I guess that is the administration's fault! From my experience it is up to the Spirit Team to set dress-up days not the administration. Find someone else to blame!
[/quote]

Rolleyes

[/quote]

Rolleyes Rolleyes
I saw that!!! Was awful! And thats the night you were judged for school spirit.
Quote:

yea, it was awful. Then you have adults that want to get on here and gripe about us. The first night we had a lot of people but half of them gave up between moving. We were equal to P-burg but nobody felt like moving after 3 times and just stopped. The one's that kept moving still screamed! But you have idiot ridiculous people who probably don't come to all the games like the kids do and then want to tell security on us. That is why nobody was there against valley a bunch of kids were sitting up top just watching the game because they didn't feel like fighting with anyone. Belfry is putting staff in seats before students which is pretty unfair all lower arena should be to our students. Hopefully, everyone will be there Monday because our girls need all the support they can get against MC!! We shouldn't be having this problem we never had it any other time and we were Awesome at district, but now they won't give us anywhere to sit!
[quote author=throw deep link=topic=20619.msg209534#msg209534 date=1142174459]
[quote author=NEXT link=topic=20619.msg209495#msg209495 date=1142148402]
[/quote]

They DO NOT have a pep rally every Friday for football games. Get your facts straight. The parents of the players are in charge of cookouts during football season, why don't the basketball parents organize a cookout. But I guess that is the administration's fault! From my experience it is up to the Spirit Team to set dress-up days not the administration. Find someone else to blame!
[/quote]

Rolleyes

[/quote]

Rolleyes Rolleyes
[/quote]

:argue: Confusedurrender:
[quote author=belfrypirates00 link=topic=20619.msg209644#msg209644 date=1142183995]
I saw that!!! Was awful! And thats the night you were judged for school spirit.
Quote:

yea, it was awful. Then you have adults that want to get on here and gripe about us. The first night we had a lot of people but half of them gave up between moving. We were equal to P-burg but nobody felt like moving after 3 times and just stopped. The one's that kept moving still screamed! But you have idiot ridiculous people who probably don't come to all the games like the kids do and then want to tell security on us. That is why nobody was there against valley a bunch of kids were sitting up top just watching the game because they didn't feel like fighting with anyone. Belfry is putting staff in seats before students which is pretty unfair all lower arena should be to our students. Hopefully, everyone will be there Monday because our girls need all the support they can get against MC!! We shouldn't be having this problem we never had it any other time and we were Awesome at district, but now they won't give us anywhere to sit!
[/quote]

:thumpsup:
I goto Prestonsburg and on Tuesday I was telling my friends that we need a bigger pep section that belfrys because they always bring alot of fans for any sport and when I got to the expo center I didnt even see them till they moved down to the lower part of the arena and then they moved behind there band ! I was shocked on how small there student section was ! But for whoever said the adults bought the reserved seat tickets, They could have bought them at the expo center!
[quote author=blackcat_student link=topic=20619.msg209953#msg209953 date=1142203732]
I goto Prestonsburg and on Tuesday I was telling my friends that we need a bigger pep section that belfrys because they always bring alot of fans for any sport and when I got to the expo center I didnt even see them till they moved down to the lower part of the arena and then they moved behind there band ! I was shocked on how small there student section was ! But for whoever said the adults bought the reserved seat tickets, They could have bought them at the expo center!
[/quote]

The adults were sold the tickets from the school, staff included.  They evidently didn't know or didn't think and said the tickets were for everyone.  As far as the public goes...the school was selling them first come first serve, if the school didn't know that the tickets should have been for the kids how in the world would the public know that...so they bought them.  Why stand in line at the expo when you can get them at the school.  Just very poor communication, or somebody wasn't thinking or something, but its just sad that its happened.  It was terrible but it's over and if thats the worse we have to deal with were doing good!  know better next time.
during school like the day before the games during the tourney they would sell tickets to the seniors then the juniors, sophmores then freshman......and johnson central sit on the lower sections every game and had the best pep section then anybody else.....the student yelled there heads off
And thats how it should have been!  :thumpsup: