Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What is the deal with Belfry's pep section...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the deal with Belfry's PEP Section???  It's sad Belfry is one of the largest schools in the 15th region and don't even have 25% of the PEP Section of the these smaller schools...  Then to add to that they had to go set in the far corner end to cheer...  I graduated in 04 an if we was in this position Belfry pep section would have covered the entire bottom section of bletchers...  Get it to together Pirates, an support your team...
I was very suprised about the lack of support...So far in the regional tournament i would have to say Pike Central, Pikeville. johnson Central and Paintsville have all been GREAT!!!! Paintsville probley being the best....
[quote author=piratefaithful link=topic=20619.msg207331#msg207331 date=1141930305]
What is the deal with Belfry's PEP Section??? It's sad Belfry is one of the largest schools in the 15th region and don't even have 25% of the PEP Section of the these smaller schools... Then to add to that they had to go set in the far corner end to cheer... I graduated in 04 an if we was in this position Belfry pep section would have covered the entire bottom section of bletchers... Get it to together Pirates, an support your team...
[/quote]

That was not the kids fault at all.  The school was sent reserved tickets for a section and instead of selling them to the STUDENTS first like the other schools, they sold them to adults.  I felt awful that our kids were put into that position.  The kids should have been thought of first and foremost.  It is their team, their classmates, their right to be the ones cheering for the team.

I think that things will be different Friday night.  I have been told that there will be 2 reserved sections..1 for the students and the other for whomever got to the tickets first.
I just wish the kids would show up in the masses like we use to...
[quote author=piratefaithful link=topic=20619.msg207331#msg207331 date=1141930305]
What is the deal with Belfry's PEP Section???  It's sad Belfry is one of the largest schools in the 15th region and don't even have 25% of the PEP Section of the these smaller schools...  Then to add to that they had to go set in the far corner end to cheer...  I graduated in 04 an if we was in this position Belfry pep section would have covered the entire bottom section of bletchers...  Get it to together Pirates, an support your team...
[/quote]
One thing its not football. I graduated in 04 also and I thought we had a great cheerin section for both sports..Even last year the student sections werent that good....The sad part is its even worse now....
That what Im sayin since we left things have just started going down hill...  It seems that no1 cares anymore...  I would do anything to go back to our senior year, hell LEON we spent most of ours leavin 4th period...lol... :thumpsup:
I always thought they had a good one
[quote author=Homer Simpson link=topic=20619.msg207451#msg207451 date=1141938216]
I always thought they had a good one
[/quote]

You wasn't at the game Tuesday was you???
Yea... I couldnt figure out why they were way back behind the goals but they still hollerd and supported there team
[quote author=Homer Simpson link=topic=20619.msg207458#msg207458 date=1141938835]
Yea... I couldnt figure out why they were way back behind the goals but they still hollerd and supported there team
[/quote]

Betsy Layne's student section was way up top as well and I couldn't figure that out for the life of me.  Student's should be sitting on the floor with access to their team. The adults just have to understand it's for the kids anyway...not for us.
[quote author=Pirate Pal link=topic=20619.msg207393#msg207393 date=1141933097]
What is the deal with Belfry's PEP Section??? It's sad Belfry is one of the largest schools in the 15th region and don't even have 25% of the PEP Section of the these smaller schools... Then to add to that they had to go set in the far corner end to cheer... I graduated in 04 an if we was in this position Belfry pep section would have covered the entire bottom section of bletchers... Get it to together Pirates, an support your team...
[/quote]

That was not the kids fault at all.  The school was sent reserved tickets for a section and instead of selling them to the STUDENTS first like the other schools, they sold them to adults.  I felt awful that our kids were put into that position.  The kids should have been thought of first and foremost.  It is their team, their classmates, their right to be the ones cheering for the team.

I think that things will be different Friday night.  I have been told that there will be 2 reserved sections..1 for the students and the other for whomever got to the tickets first.
[/quote]

Yes you hit the nail on the head right there, there was A LOT of people who made their 1st appearnce at a BHS b-ball game and it was just to be seen IMHO.

I'm pretty sure that Mr. Dotson and Mr Welch addressed it and should be taken care of Fri. night, if not I feel sorry for someone.
Back when I was at Belfry we had an awesome student section. We usually had two school buses just for the student sections....We went to all the football games and went to all the Boys and Girls home games, and we went on the road for both the Boys & Girls Dist. & Regional/State tournament games.

We were loud and wild, but never rude...Mrs.Phillips sat right in the middle of us and you could'nt use any foul language around her...Those were some great times.

The kids now days are totally different, we used to stay after school to make signs, sell spirit links, decorated the school etc.....Now it seems that most of them go to the game to see and be seen, and could care less about the actual game itself.

I graduated from belfry 12 years ago, and when i go, I will still stand up during the school song and will get a little loud...just ask Football05.... :lol:

I really hope that Belfry has a Big Student section tomorrow night and I think they will, these boys really deserve it.  :pirateshoot:
[quote author=piratefaithful link=topic=20619.msg207403#msg207403 date=1141933756]
[/quote]

Are you and Leon too old, or too cool to be in the student cheering section?

If you are gonna bitch about it, at least get in there and cheer some.
The other nite was an embarrassment to see our pep section having to move from the bottom section...I mean, that's where they are supposed to be cheering on the boys, just like every other school there was doing...The other schools has us beat 3 to 1 which is sad...And if it takes it, come tomm nite, us alums are gonna have to get down there, including piratefaithful, and leon and others to show 'em we're behind them all the way....
Well- I have in all my life have never seen a student be so disrespectful as one of the little boys in Belfry's pep section - as i did Sat night at the championship game between PC and Belfry. He pulled his pants down and showed the entire gym his bare bottom while our cheerleaders where on the floor doing a floor cheer. While i think it is very disrespectfull for either side to boo the other sides cheerleaders i think this carried. things a little too far - so i wanted to say to this little boy you know who you are shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope never see our pep section protray this kind disrespect toward the other squads cheerleaders team .  These girls work hard and they deserve a little respect so i get very upset when i see them not getting it. Whether it be our or the other the opposing teams.
They need to get a reserved section downstairs for the students..From the games I have watched Johnson Central and Pikeville both did this and they crammed as many students into the section that they could, regardless if they had a seat..I too think the pep section has gone down at Belfry..I can remember one year when the girls went to state and for the pep rally they only let out those who had their spirit team cards, so there were only like 30 kids in the stands..It didn't look good especially when several people in the community had come out..I heard the same thing happened last week for the district tournament as well, and that they didn't even have a pep rally for the girls before their region game..I know CATS scores are important, but how many times do you have to have a pep rally..not many, so they should make them the best possible for the student athletes because they deserve it..This goes for all schools!

This thread is in danger of closing.
[quote author=BAYPC CHEERBABE link=topic=20619.msg207751#msg207751 date=1141962150]
Well- I have in all my life have never seen a student be so disrespectful as one of the little boys in Belfry's pep section - as i did Sat night at the championship game between PC and Belfry. He pulled his pants down and showed the entire gym his bare bottom while our cheerleaders where on the floor doing a floor cheer. While i think it is very disrespectfull for either side to boo the other sides cheerleaders i think this carried. things a little too far - so i wanted to say to this little boy you know who you are shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope never see our pep section protray this kind disrespect toward the other squads cheerleaders team .  These girls work hard and they deserve a little respect so i get very upset when i see them not getting it. Whether it be our or the other the opposing teams.
[/quote]

This is a joke right???  I was there Saturday and I didn't see it..besides, the pep sections are on the end of the floor behind the cheerleaders...I don't recall Pike Central doing a floor cheer that faced toward the pep section so how would anyone have seen it if it did happen? 

You say that you never want to see disrespect from YOUR pep section toward the other squad???  Then why didn't you tell YOUR pep section to be quiet when Belfry Cheerleaders took the floor??  I saw a couple of the PC Cheerleaders finding it quite amusing when YOUR pep section was chanting loudly during Belfry's floor cheer.  Maybe you should preach at home about pep section respect first before taking your sermon on the road.

[quote author=GIVE ME THE ROCK link=topic=20619.msg207770#msg207770 date=1141963810]
They need to get a reserved section downstairs for the students..From the games I have watched Johnson Central and Pikeville both did this and they crammed as many students into the section that they could, regardless if they had a seat..I too think the pep section has gone down at Belfry..I can remember one year when the girls went to state and for the pep rally they only let out those who had their spirit team cards, so there were only like 30 kids in the stands..It didn't look good especially when several people in the community had come out..I heard the same thing happened last week for the district tournament as well, and that they didn't even have a pep rally for the girls before their region game..I know CATS scores are important, but how many times do you have to have a pep rally..not many, so they should make them the best possible for the student athletes because they deserve it..This goes for all schools!
[/quote]

Belfry has a lot of pep rallies...one almost every Friday during FOOTBALL SEASON!!!
[quote author=Pirate Pal link=topic=20619.msg207845#msg207845 date=1141988685]
[quote author=GIVE ME THE ROCK link=topic=20619.msg207770#msg207770 date=1141963810]
[/quote]

Belfry has a lot of pep rallies...one almost every Friday during FOOTBALL SEASON!!!
[/quote]

Confusedhh:lol key words football season lol :lol:
[quote author=BigSlick link=topic=20619.msg207641#msg207641 date=1141955935]
[quote author=piratefaithful link=topic=20619.msg207403#msg207403 date=1141933756]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guarantee I cheered more than our pep section...
[quote author=15thRegionSlamaBamma link=topic=20619.msg207868#msg207868 date=1141996555]
[quote author=Pirate Pal link=topic=20619.msg207845#msg207845 date=1141988685]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Confusedhh:lol key words football season lol :lol:
[/quote]

I wish that the kids could have as much fun during basketball season!!!
Well you have to put some of the blame on the administration, during football season there are pep rally's every week, cookouts, fan bus, spirit days, etc.  Then everyone goes into hibernation for three months until March rolls around and then they half-@$$ try to get everyone to come to games.  I don't care if it is a 25 minute ride to Pikeville, they should have a bus and go to both the boy's and girl's games.  This year BHS has the opportunity to win both.  The entire school should be there supporting them.  I don't know if there has been a school to win a Football regional championship, Volleyball regional championship, and Girls and Boys Basketball regional championship in the same year?  It could happen this year.
[quote author=Phoenix link=topic=20619.msg208092#msg208092 date=1142023997]
Well you have to put some of the blame on the administration, during football season there are pep rally's every week, cookouts, fan bus, spirit days, etc. Then everyone goes into hibernation for three months until March rolls around and then they half-@$$ try to get everyone to come to games. I don't care if it is a 25 minute ride to Pikeville, they should have a bus and go to both the boy's and girl's games. This year BHS has the opportunity to win both. The entire school should be there supporting them. I don't know if there has been a school to win a Football regional championship, Volleyball regional championship, and Girls and Boys Basketball regional championship in the same year? It could happen this year.
[/quote]

That's true!  I do think that they have taken a fan bus to the games though. 
I know the girls basketball team took a bus to support their fellow basketball players in the first game and are taking one today and probably tomorrow too (hopefully).  The girls will need some support on Monday against MC, hopefully there will be good turnouts today, tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday...(keeping my fingers crossed!)
Well you have to put some of the blame on the administration, during football season there are pep rally's every week, cookouts, fan bus, spirit days, etc. Then everyone goes into hibernation for three months until March rolls around and then they half-@$$ try to get everyone to come to games. I don't care if it is a 25 minute ride to Pikeville, they should have a bus and go to both the boy's and girl's games. This year BHS has the opportunity to win both. The entire school should be there supporting them. I don't know if there has been a school to win a Football regional championship, Volleyball regional championship, and Girls and Boys Basketball regional championship in the same year? It could happen this year.
[/quote]

They DO NOT have a pep rally every Friday for football games.  Get your facts straight.  The parents of the players are in charge of cookouts during football season, why don't the basketball parents organize a cookout.  But I guess that is the administration's fault!  From my experience it is up to the Spirit Team to set dress-up days not the administration.  Find someone else to blame!
[quote author=throw deep link=topic=20619.msg208138#msg208138 date=1142029355]
[/quote]

They DO NOT have a pep rally every Friday for football games.  Get your facts straight.  The parents of the players are in charge of cookouts during football season, why don't the basketball parents organize a cookout.  But I guess that is the administration's fault!  From my experience it is up to the Spirit Team to set dress-up days not the administration.  Find someone else to blame!
[/quote]

Sorry to tell you but every friday we had a pep rally before out game.....I dont think it has changed since i have left 2 years ago.......
[quote author=BigSlick link=topic=20619.msg207641#msg207641 date=1141955935]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am kinda old to sit in the cheerin section.....i do stand up and cheer though ........when i went to school it was just students in the section....

How sorry was out section last night against valley...the pep section laughed at ours because we couldnt even get the chants right......I think its ashame and embarrassing that kids at belfry dont have anymore school spirit than what they have and show
It is so sad to see no more support for BHS sports than what there is!  (Of course, with the exception of football.)  In my opinion, the cheerleaders should be responsible in getting the crowd into the game.  I know I've not seen it yet this year. Which makes me wonder why we even have them... Even the JV cheerleaders at the Varsity games and vice versa only come to prance around.  They do not even cheer on their team.  Besides, I believe BHS students are more concerned with being seen at ballgames and who or what they will do after the game.  If I were a BHS student I would be embarrassed!
[quote author=ukwildcatfan link=topic=20619.msg208945#msg208945 date=1142114958]
It is so sad to see no more support for BHS sports than what there is!  (Of course, with the exception of football.)  In my opinion, the cheerleaders should be responsible in getting the crowd into the game.  I know I've not seen it yet this year. Which makes me wonder why we even have them... Even the JV cheerleaders at the Varsity games and vice versa only come to prance around.  They do not even cheer on their team.  Besides, I believe BHS students are more concerned with being seen at ballgames and who or what they will do after the game.  If I were a BHS student I would be embarrassed!
[/quote]

It is the cheerleaders job to do cheers and get the crowd/pepsection into the games but they can't force people to show up and they can't force the ones who do show up to cheer and get involved. If you cheered or played ball or whatever, you may not have realized it, but I have been WATCHING Belfry football and basketball for years and I cant see a difference in this year from  years past.  Football is and always was a packed house and I havent had a problem picking my seat in Basketball for years. It was never a problem for 15 or so of us to show up at game time and sit together without a problem!!  with the exception of tourney time.  Its sad!!!  But its true...
Pages: 1 2