Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 72 - Prestonsburg 64
Final from Magoffin County.
The hornets had control of this game the whole night..
Hornets pretty well dominated the whole game until the 4th quarter when P-burg started raining 3 pointers! Cory Pitts finshed with 33 points, 16 rebounds and 4 blocks. Including two 3 pointers ( One a buzzer beater from way downtown) and a monster dunk.
McCameraMan Wrote:Hornets pretty well dominated the whole game until the 4th quarter when P-burg started raining 3 pointers! Cory Pitts finshed with 33 points, 16 rebounds and 4 blocks. Including two 3 pointers ( One a buzzer beater from way downtown) and a monster dunk.

I would have to agree but yet disagree. The first 3 quarters the hornets dominated. But when the blackcats decided to play and shots started falling they went on a tear. I bet Magoffin had 15 turnovers in the last 4 minutes. And had it not been for the P-burg coach getting a technical the hornets would have lost. It was a 4 point game and the blackcats had the ball. The technical took the ball out of their hands and made it a 6 point game and the hornets had the ball. Very untimely mistake cost them the game after roaring back in the 4th.
Ike Cooter Wrote:I would have to agree but yet disagree. The first 3 quarters the hornets dominated. But when the blackcats decided to play and shots started falling they went on a tear. I bet Magoffin had 15 turnovers in the last 4 minutes. And had it not been for the P-burg coach getting a technical the hornets would have lost. It was a 4 point game and the blackcats had the ball. The technical took the ball out of their hands and made it a 6 point game and the hornets had the ball. Very untimely mistake cost them the game after roaring back in the 4th.
I don't see how that would have made Prestonsburg win the game... they were still down 4... I think it would have made the outcome a lot closer than what it was but I still think that the Hornets would have pulled it out.
sportsfan06 Wrote:I don't see how that would have made Prestonsburg win the game... they were still down 4... I think it would have made the outcome a lot closer than what it was but I still think that the Hornets would have pulled it out.

No one knows what the outcome would have been if the technical had not been called. I was just saying P-burg had them on the ropes and about to deliver the knockout blow to cut it to 1 or 2 and could have turned around and pressed. However the technical put them down 6 and the ball back to Magoffin. Which if you recall, turned the ball over as soon as they put the ball in play. Sadly P-burg missed a 3 and had to foul. Magoffin missed 1 of 2 again and P-burg missed another 3. Then had to foul a couple more times to end the game with an 8 point loss. Again no one knows but for a coach to get a technical at this point in the game definately cost them the opportunity to win. Just sayin!!!
I watched this game, it seamed like the refs needed to make the spread. They called a good game on one end of the floor, but when Pburg was on D or had the ball, it didn't take near as much contact to get the foul.