Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin Co. 72 - Prestonsburg 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Magoffin County.
The hornets had control of this game the whole night..
Hornets pretty well dominated the whole game until the 4th quarter when P-burg started raining 3 pointers! Cory Pitts finshed with 33 points, 16 rebounds and 4 blocks. Including two 3 pointers ( One a buzzer beater from way downtown) and a monster dunk.
McCameraMan Wrote:Hornets pretty well dominated the whole game until the 4th quarter when P-burg started raining 3 pointers! Cory Pitts finshed with 33 points, 16 rebounds and 4 blocks. Including two 3 pointers ( One a buzzer beater from way downtown) and a monster dunk.

I would have to agree but yet disagree. The first 3 quarters the hornets dominated. But when the blackcats decided to play and shots started falling they went on a tear. I bet Magoffin had 15 turnovers in the last 4 minutes. And had it not been for the P-burg coach getting a technical the hornets would have lost. It was a 4 point game and the blackcats had the ball. The technical took the ball out of their hands and made it a 6 point game and the hornets had the ball. Very untimely mistake cost them the game after roaring back in the 4th.
Ike Cooter Wrote:I would have to agree but yet disagree. The first 3 quarters the hornets dominated. But when the blackcats decided to play and shots started falling they went on a tear. I bet Magoffin had 15 turnovers in the last 4 minutes. And had it not been for the P-burg coach getting a technical the hornets would have lost. It was a 4 point game and the blackcats had the ball. The technical took the ball out of their hands and made it a 6 point game and the hornets had the ball. Very untimely mistake cost them the game after roaring back in the 4th.
I don't see how that would have made Prestonsburg win the game... they were still down 4... I think it would have made the outcome a lot closer than what it was but I still think that the Hornets would have pulled it out.
sportsfan06 Wrote:I don't see how that would have made Prestonsburg win the game... they were still down 4... I think it would have made the outcome a lot closer than what it was but I still think that the Hornets would have pulled it out.

No one knows what the outcome would have been if the technical had not been called. I was just saying P-burg had them on the ropes and about to deliver the knockout blow to cut it to 1 or 2 and could have turned around and pressed. However the technical put them down 6 and the ball back to Magoffin. Which if you recall, turned the ball over as soon as they put the ball in play. Sadly P-burg missed a 3 and had to foul. Magoffin missed 1 of 2 again and P-burg missed another 3. Then had to foul a couple more times to end the game with an 8 point loss. Again no one knows but for a coach to get a technical at this point in the game definately cost them the opportunity to win. Just sayin!!!
I watched this game, it seamed like the refs needed to make the spread. They called a good game on one end of the floor, but when Pburg was on D or had the ball, it didn't take near as much contact to get the foul.