Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Betsy Layne
early in the season when JC played BL. BL was playing horrible they had no rythem and wasnt playing good defense and also Patrick Stapleton was out that game but now they have their rythem going it will be a whole lot tougher then what it was before this bobcat team has its eyes and hearts set on getting to State and i dont think anyone will take that from them......BL by 8
I'm going with BL on this one......they have a lot more size then JC........bobcats by 11.......GO CATS!!!!!
Johnson Central by 7
:flame:Bobcats by atleast 10. They will come out playing hard. This is the end of the season and they have 8 seniors who i think want it more. The teams are equal in talent, so it comes down to how bad does each team want it.............GO CATS............. :thumpsup:
I'm gonna go with the Bobcats by 8.  They are playing really good TEAM ball right now.  As long as they continue to move the ball like they did in the 1st round, I see a trip in the near future. 

Good Luck Bobcats!!!!!!
Hopefully this will be a good game and the Eagles come out on top! Good luck Eagles!!!!!
[quote author=Imnottelling link=topic=20540.msg206430#msg206430 date=1141762258]
First of all, did any of you Bobcats who stayed for the second game (and I know there were several because I saw the blue shirts) see the appalling referee job that was going on?  It was similar to the appalling job that was going on in your game against PCC.  We all get on here and complain about the refs in the 15th region...well, I don't know what kind of basketball they play in the 13th region but it is obviously not the basketball that we play in the 15th.  I say we ship the 13th region's referees back to wherever it is that they came from because we don't mistake a combination of football and kickboxing as basketball around here. I mean poor Jesse Meek was fouled repeatedly last night and there was no call. He was injured in his back for most of the game due to a very hard foul earlier in the game...and then the last foul should have been an intentional in my book but it landed Meek at the hospital to determine whether or not his hip has been fractured.  Still no word yet as to what the doctors found or said. The refs should never have let that game get that far out of control.

Second, I have never seen Tim Honaker play dirty ball until last night. I think his move to Pikeville was the wrong move for him because at least while he was at BL he let his talent do the talking for him on the court.  Last night, he should have fouled out in the first quarter. He fouled Jamie McCarty everytime Jamie touched the ball....I mean at one point he had his arms wrapped around Jamie's head!  Since when is that NOT a foul? I overheard someone say that Honaker held McCarty more than McCarty's girlfriend has! LOL...and it was true! It was a crying shame that someone with that much talent would resort to playing ball that is beneath him.

Central could not get into their game because of the sad excuse for reffing going on on that floor.  Everytime they made their move they got slapped down.  It was a close game all the way through...there was no big lead by either team..

Friday night's game will be definitely be a good game. Both BL and JC have gotten better since the first meeting...and this game could easily go either way.

However, I have to go with my Eagles by 5.  They can and will play their game.

Go Eagles!
[/quote]

I'm not sure we were watching the same game.  I thought the refs did a pretty good job for the most part.  There will always be missed calls on both sides but it was an evenly called game.  The Meek boy got hurt when he fouled a Pikeville player towards the end of the game.  So how is that Pikeville's fault.  Pikeville has never played dirty this year and will probably never play dirty because their coach will not tolerate that.  It was not the refs fault that JC didn't play well, It was Pikeville that took them out of their game.  Pikeville set the tone of the game and did a wonderful job at it.

Good luck to both teams playing Friday night.  It will be a great game and can't wait to see it. 

By the way, JC's student section is awesome and should win the spirit award. 
[quote author=bball fan link=topic=20540.msg207160#msg207160 date=1141916443]

[/quote] I'm not sure we were watching the same game.  I thought the refs did a pretty good job for the most part.  There will always be missed calls on both sides but it was an evenly called game.  The Meek boy got hurt when he fouled a Pikeville player towards the end of the game.  So how is that Pikeville's fault.  Pikeville has never played dirty this year and will probably never play dirty because their coach will not tolerate that.  It was not the refs fault that JC didn't play well, It was Pikeville that took them out of their game.  Pikeville set the tone of the game and did a wonderful job at it.

Good luck to both teams playing Friday night.  It will be a great game and can't wait to see it. 

By the way, JC's student section is awesome and should win the spirit award. 
Quote:

No, I didn't say it was Pikeville's fault that JC didn't play well. The boys know that they didn't play to their full potential.  But if you think Tim wasn't playing dirty then you were sitting in the wrong place.  And if Mr. Williams doesn't "allow" dirty play then he needs to watch Tim a bit closer.

I know that Jesse got hurt during the foul...and there is no argument that he fouled the boy.  He even says that he fouled the boy but as I said he had been fouled and run over the whole game. I wasn't in any way blaming the player for Jesse getting hurt. I'm just saying that the refs let it get out of hand.

And it wasn't just me who saw that the refs were not calling consistently.  (JC had 11 fouls in the 1 half to Pikeville's 4....bit lopsided don't you think?)  I have talked with other fans....from other teams I might add....who said that they felt the reffing was horrible and that they didn't call it close enough to keep players from getting hurt.  Just my observation......

And by the way, I agree with you on JC's pep section....they are a great bunch of kids and they definitely showed spirit!
[quote author=THUNDERCHILD link=topic=20540.msg205889#msg205889 date=1141699760]
OK, both played tough games in the first round. How's the semi game going to wind up. neather team shooting very well, about 40 % from the field.
[/quote]

BL shooting was 56% from the field on the first night!  I saw a stat sheet laying on the table were you buy T-shirts.
Golden Eagles by 12. No offense to BL but I have thought all year that JC had the best talent in the Region. They just have to put all together for a complete game. Go Eagles.
Johnson Central WILL beat Betsy Layne and go on to Rupp after a Satuday win!!!!!  GO EAGLES :1:
[quote author=Rim Wrecker link=topic=20540.msg207683#msg207683 date=1141958920]
Golden Eagles by 12. No offense to BL but I have thought all year that JC had the best talent in the Region. They just have to put all together for a complete game. Go Eagles.
[/quote]

No offense??????  BL scores 71 points on PCC who was one of the top picks to win the region and JC scores 40 something against Pikeville!!!!!  Who has no offense?
[quote author=THOMCAT link=topic=20540.msg207749#msg207749 date=1141962050]
Johnson Central WILL beat Betsy Layne and go on to Rupp after a Satuday win!!!!!  GO EAGLES :1:
[/quote]

Not if the Belfry Pirates have anything to do with it.  I also take Betsy Lane by 6...
I'm gonna say Betsey Layne. One: The first game between JC and BL, BL had a player out. And two: BL is just overall better than JC.

Go Betsey Layne!
Betsy Layne... they are an undrrated team... (know from experience) JC can't take them lightly...

BL by 7
[quote author=ALLSPORTFAN link=topic=20540.msg207954#msg207954 date=1142007568]
[quote author=Rim Wrecker link=topic=20540.msg207683#msg207683 date=1141958920]
[/quote]

No offense??????  BL scores 71 points on PCC who was one of the top picks to win the region and JC scores 40 something against Pikeville!!!!!  Who has no offense?
[/quote]

That's a classic...I would try to explain what was meant by the first quote in this post but he probably wouldn't understand anyway. That made me laugh so hard...That's a classic!
I agree Voice, that's a classic!!!
[quote author=tigerprep link=topic=20540.msg208161#msg208161 date=1142031346]
I'm gonna say Betsey Layne. One: The first game between JC and BL, BL had a player out. And two: BL is just overall better than JC.

Go Betsey Layne!
[/quote]
Nice call.