Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs Betsy Layne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, both played tough games in the first round. How's the semi game going to wind up. neather team shooting very well, about 40 % from the field.
I'll go with Betsy Layne, They can play the slow down game. Don't think Johnson Central can as well
Did JC play Bl in the regular season???..........
[quote author=EastKYSports link=topic=20540.msg205923#msg205923 date=1141700971]
Did JC play Bl in the regular season???..........
[/quote]
Yep early, on Dec 6th. JC won 64 to 52
Played without Pat, BL will be ready.
im gonna take JC in this one
i think JC will win this one
[quote author=THUNDERCHILD link=topic=20540.msg205889#msg205889 date=1141699760]
OK, both played tough games in the first round. How's the semi game going to wind up. neather team shooting very well, about 40 % from the field.
[/quote]

Actually BL shot 54% tonight against Pike Central.  Don't know about JC?
Betsy Layne should win by a margin of 12-15 points.
Johnson Central is not playing very well right now, I'll take Betsy Layne.
I watched the first game they played earlier this season at JC. JC done what ever they wanted to do against them!! Starns switched up alot during the game and was subbing the whole time. I know that game does not matter anymore because it's win or go home!! I also did not realize that BL had a player out that game. I will pick JC by 6 or more. GO EAGLES !!!!!!!

:party:
Im taking JC by 8 in this one.
I watched both teams play tonight and I'm going to have to go with BL.  They just seemed to be the better team tonight, but then again that doesn't mean that it will carry over to the next round.
JCHS by a few. I predict a score that doesn't reflect how close the game is.
Johnson Central matches up a lot better with BL than PCC did.  I'm rooting for BL, but JC takes this one.
JC
JC by 7.

:flame:  I truly hope the bobcats can stop McCarty and #40.  I think coach Starns is a class act but I'd like to see his high strung assistant lose this one.  BOBCATS bvut the flames to the Eagles...by 8

this is gonna be a really good game i have seen both teams play this year......but i think that BL as to much inside power with kidd and whitt...and that will leave open shoots for brendon thacker....IF (thats a big if) BL can stop mcCarty  then this wont even be a game.......i am gonna take BL by 10+...

GO BETSY LANE     
First of all, did any of you Bobcats who stayed for the second game (and I know there were several because I saw the blue shirts) see the appalling referee job that was going on?  It was similar to the appalling job that was going on in your game against PCC.  We all get on here and complain about the refs in the 15th region...well, I don't know what kind of basketball they play in the 13th region but it is obviously not the basketball that we play in the 15th.  I say we ship the 13th region's referees back to wherever it is that they came from because we don't mistake a combination of football and kickboxing as basketball around here. I mean poor Jesse Meek was fouled repeatedly last night and there was no call. He was injured in his back for most of the game due to a very hard foul earlier in the game...and then the last foul should have been an intentional in my book but it landed Meek at the hospital to determine whether or not his hip has been fractured.  Still no word yet as to what the doctors found or said. The refs should never have let that game get that far out of control.

Second, I have never seen Tim Honaker play dirty ball until last night. I think his move to Pikeville was the wrong move for him because at least while he was at BL he let his talent do the talking for him on the court.  Last night, he should have fouled out in the first quarter. He fouled Jamie McCarty everytime Jamie touched the ball....I mean at one point he had his arms wrapped around Jamie's head!  Since when is that NOT a foul? I overheard someone say that Honaker held McCarty more than McCarty's girlfriend has! LOL...and it was true! It was a crying shame that someone with that much talent would resort to playing ball that is beneath him.

Central could not get into their game because of the sad excuse for reffing going on on that floor.  Everytime they made their move they got slapped down.  It was a close game all the way through...there was no big lead by either team..

Friday night's game will be definitely be a good game. Both BL and JC have gotten better since the first meeting...and this game could easily go either way.

However, I have to go with my Eagles by 5.  They can and will play their game.

Go Eagles!
I'm going with the Bobcats in this one.
JC is a streaky team.  They didn't look good at all against Pikeville, but I've got a feeling that they will bring it against Betsy Layne.  Rice should be able to do a better job on Kidd than the big men from Pike Central.  I expect to see JC come away with a double digit win... and then go on to represent the 15th at Rupp.
im taking jc
I'm gonna take the EAGLES by 12!  Go J.c. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STATE BOUND!!!!

:party:
I will say Bobcats but JC will come out playing strong. It will be a close game throught out the whole game. GOOD LUCK BOBCATS
Johnson Central wins this one in a barn burner.
Johnson Central by 9
[quote author=Imnottelling link=topic=20540.msg206430#msg206430 date=1141762258]
First of all, did any of you Bobcats who stayed for the second game (and I know there were several because I saw the blue shirts) see the appalling referee job that was going on?  It was similar to the appalling job that was going on in your game against PCC.  We all get on here and complain about the refs in the 15th region...well, I don't know what kind of basketball they play in the 13th region but it is obviously not the basketball that we play in the 15th.  I say we ship the 13th region's referees back to wherever it is that they came from because we don't mistake a combination of football and kickboxing as basketball around here. I mean poor Jesse Meek was fouled repeatedly last night and there was no call. He was injured in his back for most of the game due to a very hard foul earlier in the game...and then the last foul should have been an intentional in my book but it landed Meek at the hospital to determine whether or not his hip has been fractured.  Still no word yet as to what the doctors found or said. The refs should never have let that game get that far out of control.

Second, I have never seen Tim Honaker play dirty ball until last night. I think his move to Pikeville was the wrong move for him because at least while he was at BL he let his talent do the talking for him on the court.  Last night, he should have fouled out in the first quarter. He fouled Jamie McCarty everytime Jamie touched the ball....I mean at one point he had his arms wrapped around Jamie's head!  Since when is that NOT a foul? I overheard someone say that Honaker held McCarty more than McCarty's girlfriend has! LOL...and it was true! It was a crying shame that someone with that much talent would resort to playing ball that is beneath him.

Central could not get into their game because of the sad excuse for reffing going on on that floor.  Everytime they made their move they got slapped down.  It was a close game all the way through...there was no big lead by either team..

Friday night's game will be definitely be a good game. Both BL and JC have gotten better since the first meeting...and this game could easily go either way.

Go Eagles!
[/quote]

if you watched closely it was going on from central too :thumpsup:
I give it to the bobcats by 5
[quote author=Imnottelling link=topic=20540.msg206430#msg206430 date=1141762258]

Go Eagles!
[/quote]
I might be mistaken, but wasnt the Meek boy hurt when he fouled a Pikeville player while he was shooting?  You want to talk about the refs being bad.  I guess that would be your excuse for only beating Pikeville by 3.  I bet the players wont talk like that.  All you did in your post is complain about the refs.  Why didnt you mention the jump ball at the end of the game?  Jacob Sword and one of JC's players were tied up, then after 2 seconds of both players having hands on the ball, it was a foul on Pikeville.  Pikeville isnt complaining about the refs.  I think overall it was a good called game.  Yes there was a call missed here and there, but overall, no one complained about it except for one person.  You know, if no one else seen it that bad but you.... it might be just you....
Pages: 1 2