Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge-70 Paintsville-61
Easternkyballer Wrote:You guys are foolish as can be read this for those of you who dunno anything especially u guys from paintsville !!:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...ngos-list/
I will finish reading the article when the writer learns how to spell RIDGE. Complete sentences doesn't hurt either. I suppose that's being foolish.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Who has D-1 ink to their credit?

Justice
anyone know If Ray is playing tonight against Pikeville?....Heard he may not..
Hey PTF, Landon Slone did go to UK, then to Morehead and then to UPike, now he is a coach for Paintsville. Did you actually have a point in that statement?
vundy33 Wrote:I thought it was at Pikeville? Well, that gives Valley a huge boost of course, just as if it was at Pikeville or ER, they'd have huge boosts. I was kind of hoping it was at Pikeville, because I think it's the loudest of the three gyms.

lol, I remember back in 2004, the year ER won Region. It was the District champ game at Pikeville, ER vs Valley. That was one of the loudest things I've ever heard in my life...the entire game was crazy loud, but the 4th quarter was ridiculous. I literally went deaf at the end of the game for a few seconds, lol.

When it comes to matchups, I agree, they're all 3 pretty equal. But, with Pikeville's experience at the Guard position, and their overall experience, they are better than both ER and SV in my opinion. I think ER is a bit better than SV right now, but they're really pretty equal.

I can't wait for district. We all know the fan bases will be absolutely crazy, lol. Man I can't wait.
Pikeville hosts again next year (2013). It is on a rotating basis between ER, PHS, and SVHS, IIRC.
^^Elisha.

And we'll see haters, we'll see...
vundy33 Wrote:^^Elisha.

And we'll see haters, we'll see...
Come on 33 noone who follows basketball hates these two kids. Hate is a very strong concept. What people are expressing on here is that these two kids are in noway playing up to their billing. They have not made this situation others have done this for them. You forget in fairly recent years this region had a Mr.Basketball,D-1 player who could shoot the lights out in junior high in the form of Elisha Justice. They also had a Mr. Basketball,D1 and Pro Player in Jr. Vanhoose. Visitors to the region like AJ Mayo and Patrick Patterson have graced the courts of the 15th. What I am saying is that fans in the 15th have a reasonably good ability to access basketball talent.SV and Paintsville have both had state tournament champs in the fairly recent past. Simply if you desire a state champ at ER the players must play well as well as look good standing on the court. Again no hate on two kids. In fact best wishes and "we'll see" as you say.
Jesus Christ, I don't literally mean hate, lol. It's a term. And whether they'll admit it or not, most people want to see them fail, and have since before the season even started.
vundy33 Wrote:Jesus Christ, I don't literally mean hate, lol. It's a term. And whether they'll admit it or not, most people want to see them fail, and have since before the season even started.
Personally I would like to see an all-american basketball player come down the road in the 15th.It wouldn't matter ER to Larwence co. or magoffin co to sheldon clark.A nice player to the NBA would be nice. I am afraid I must DC my posts on this subject. For the one mentioned in your first two words happens to be my personal savior and therefore I am very uncomfortable with discussions in which his name is taken in vain.
lol..
Ike Cooter Wrote:Hey PTF, Landon Slone did go to UK, then to Morehead and then to UPike, now he is a coach for Paintsville. Did you actually have a point in that statement?

That was my point. it doesn't take that much to get offered by a D-1 school. If these kids were legit D-1 then no team in the 15th would be within 10 points of them.
vundy33 Wrote:Jesus Christ, I don't literally mean hate, lol. It's a term. And whether they'll admit it or not, most people want to see them fail, and have since before the season even started.

I have no desire to see any young man fail. However I am not going to blindly say that these kids are gonna be D-1 when I know better. J.R. Vanhoose was a D-1 big man do you think Kasongo could hold his own against him? Elisha Justice was barely D-1, Do you think Kasongo could handle him? Wolter couldn't handle Trevor Tiller much less a 4* prospect like what big schools get. Like I said aearlier in the thread there are two centers in the 57th that would dominate Kasongo. Are they both gonna go big time D-1? Probably not (Although I would be thrilled beyond words to see it). My point is that I know you have the ER blinders on but man you have to be realistic.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I have no desire to see any young man fail. However I am not going to blindly say that these kids are gonna be D-1 when I know better. J.R. Vanhoose was a D-1 big man do you think Kasongo could hold his own against him? Elisha Justice was barely D-1, Do you think Kasongo could handle him? Wolter couldn't handle Trevor Tiller much less a 4* prospect like what big schools get. Like I said aearlier in the thread there are two centers in the 57th that would dominate Kasongo. Are they both gonna go big time D-1? Probably not (Although I would be thrilled beyond words to see it). My point is that I know you have the ER blinders on but man you have to be realistic.

I don't have blinders on. You've seen them in a couple games at the most. I've been to quite a bit, in addition to practices, and have talked in-depth about their game to quite a few D-1 coaches, including Greg Paulus at Ohio State. I guess they're all mistaken.

I don't know why you guys keep mentioning Elisha Justice and others like Vanhoose. What in the world do they have to do with anything? Kasongo has the body and skills, but not the mind yet. When he gets it, he'll be unstoppable, it's as simple as that. No matter how bad any of you think Kasongo is in the post from watching a game or two, it's just not the truth...I've seen his skills, his problem is that he like doing his own thing on the court, and that just will never work. Wolter has all three, just needs to get better, that's it. What's with all these comparisons?

From my experience with these players, I think they'll be some of the best players to ever come out of the 15th, of course when they're seniors, not now. But I don't have a time machine sadly, so we'll see.
I compare him to J.R. Vanhoose because, He was a legit D-1 Big Man.
I've said previously that these kids will probably go D-1.......I didn't hate on them......I'm saying that Wolter as a PG has a few shoes to fill before he can be named one of the BEST to ever come out of the 15th.....Same goes for Kasongo.......As far as some of the best to ever come out of the region?...Nowhere near (not to say they won't).....
PTF.....I know your a loyal Tiger fan and are proud of their past players, but Landon didn't sign with Kentucky, he walked on. He tried to make it at Morehead, then at Pikeville. He was a good player, a strong player in the 15th Region, but he wasn't a D-1 player...........and I really like him as a person and as a former player. He a great guy.
Olderthandirt Wrote:PTF.....I know your a loyal Tiger fan and are proud of their past players, but Landon didn't sign with Kentucky, he walked on. He tried to make it at Morehead, then at Pikeville. He was a good player, a strong player in the 15th Region, but he wasn't a D-1 player...........and I really like him as a person and as a former player. He a great guy.

That was my point. Goodness do you guys not understand sarcasm. The point is Landon Slone is much better than the wolter kid, but wasnt that good by national standards. I guess sarcasm can't be used on this site.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:That was my point. Goodness do you guys not understand sarcasm. The point is Landon Slone is much better than the wolter kid, but wasnt that good by national standards. I guess sarcasm can't be used on this site.
I wouldn't say Slone is MUCH better than the Wolter kid. The Wolter kid is faster, and has a better handle on the rock. Slone was more consistent as a shooter. Really, it's apples/oranges comparison, play two different positions. Slone was a very good 15th region player who would have been better served going straight to UPike or Marshall or even Morehead right out of the gate. The Wolter kid has the POTENTIAL to be a D1 player, even a high D1 level player, needs to work on getting his stroke consistent (he bends his knees in together when shooting, makes him take longer to get the shot off, among a couple other things). Even when Slone was burning it up and people were screaming for UK to take him, I never saw more than mid major in his future, even though I enjoyed watching him play the game.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:That was my point. Goodness do you guys not understand sarcasm. The point is Landon Slone is much better than the wolter kid, but wasnt that good by national standards. I guess sarcasm can't be used on this site.

It is hard to tell when you are using sarcasm. Certain times you praise your tigers and then you seem as if you don't care for them and then when some one else says anything negative about them you seem to teeter on the fence. You are entertaining to say the least.
In general I dont kneejerk one way or the other I am usually pretty moderate on things. In general I praise the tradition of my alma mater, and always praise the academic's of the school. But sometimes I am a sarcastic asshole about things and sometime I say stuff just to Piss people off. It isn't really fun to take something like this site to seriously. If we all did that then it would be to much like the other site. As for your teetering on the fence comment. Im not sure I really get that one. I always support the current staff but I say the truth of the situation which I guess gets construed as changing sides.

Example. I have always supported Matt Ratliff, but after the central game alot of people thought me saying that was what could end his career was me actually believing that he is doing a bad job. The same thing has happened in football threads time and again. People dont try to understand what I say, or maybe I should say it differently. idk lol but I am definitely very solid in what I post and believe.

However I have gotten the comment of difficult to understand sarcasm before, maybe I should be more descriptive lol.