Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge-70 Paintsville-61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gotta make free throws, and hit open jumpers. That is what doomed the tigers tonight.

On a side note East Ridge was a much better team without Kasongo on the floor. Idk what all the hype was about there are two centers in the 57th that would dominate him every night. Hell Quentin Hensley ate his lunch, and Trevor Tiller flat out rejected one of his dunks, His one dunk was the only thing he really did Add the refs protecting him into the equation and he really aint that good. Wolter OTOH might be one of the fastest guards I have ever seen at this level. He has good handles and a reel feel for the game. But either way Tiller was by far the best player on the floor tonight. The east ridge Faithful might try to contest that but no one they had could guard him at all.
Congrats to the Warriors! And yes, as sad it is, East Ridge has consistently been a better team without Kasongo on the floor.
Don't hate on kasongo!!! He played very well tonight!!
E.ridge Wrote:Don't hate on kasongo!!! He played very well tonight!!

Nobody is hating on him, or not on this thread at least. I've always been pulling for the kid to do well. It's just when you come in with such high expectations and all the hype that he came in with, to perform to the level that he has so far is going to draw a lot of criticism.

He Couldn't do work on a 6'3" freshman, or a barely 6 foot 8th grader. In fact Daniels rejected him on a jumper. Quite frankly when someone is 6'8", and billed as a top athlete I fully expect them to dominate Freshman who are 4 inches shorter in the paint. Adding to that I am extremely proud of the way hensley played. Kasongo was not getting anywhere near that goal when he was in. Ratliff, and Daniels did a pretty good job too. Hell Luke Trimble put one of Wolters Lay-Ups off the backboard. If they play like this in the district tourney they are gonna be a tough out.
Yah your right but tonight is prolly one of the best games pville has played all year !! Everyone always brings there "a" game when they play ER
Paintsville looks to be improving after their 30+ point defeat to JC.
:biglmao: Pikeville will destroy you!
I really don't know if you saw the stats, East Ridge missed 16 free throws and still won by 10. Tough place to play and Kasongo, Mullins, Coleman, and Thacker were all in foul trouble with 4 fouls a piece. Pretty good win for the Warriors if you ask me. Tiller is a real nice player and absolutely has the green light on that team. Very exciting and Fun game to watch!!!

What I seen tonight. Can't play D1. Neds alot of work!!
Kasongo is way too lazy but has a lot of potential. I really like the way Wolter plays. He's quick as lightening.
congrats E.Ridge
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:He Couldn't do work on a 6'3" freshman, or a barely 6 foot 8th grader. In fact Daniels rejected him on a jumper. Quite frankly when someone is 6'8", and billed as a top athlete I fully expect them to dominate Freshman who are 4 inches shorter in the paint. Adding to that I am extremely proud of the way hensley played. Kasongo was not getting anywhere near that goal when he was in. Ratliff, and Daniels did a pretty good job too. Hell Luke Trimble put one of Wolters Lay-Ups off the backboard. If they play like this in the district tourney they are gonna be a tough out.

It's not that he isn't good. He's a great player..He just doesn't try enough. If you have him play 1v1 with every player in the 15th the only person who may beat him is Wolter.
I'd take Moore from SC over him all day^^
IntheZone Wrote:I'd take Moore from SC over him all day^^

Is that why he's getting offered by Arizona and Indiana?
Real Badman Wrote:It's not that he isn't good. He's a great player..He just doesn't try enough. If you have him play 1v1 with every player in the 15th the only person who may beat him is Wolter.
If the kid is as good as you say ,may I ask why he was on the bench as much as he was in a relatively close game against a team that is trying to come back. My opinion was thaat ER was better without him. #5 was a much
more desireable player. 1on1, a shooter who gets him to come to the guard line would work him to death. Much too slow and not a real good jumper for 6'8". Not bashing the kid but he really does not present as a player who has played for a long time.
okay id take Johnson over him too and he has been receiving looks from major D1 schools.
But Moore would school him. Granted he may get dunked on but make it take it. and he dont miss often
IntheZone Wrote:okay id take Johnson over him too and he has been receiving looks from major D1 schools.
But Moore would school him. Granted he may get dunked on but make it take it. and he dont miss often
Body-up and play physical and not many dunks. D-1 ink I wish for the kid but ??? Long way to go. Obviously needs conditioning but a good program can give that.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:If the kid is as good as you say ,may I ask why he was on the bench as much as he was in a relatively close game against a team that is trying to come back. My opinion was thaat ER was better without him. #5 was a much
more desireable player. 1on1, a shooter who gets him to come to the guard line would work him to death. Much too slow and not a real good jumper for 6'8". Not bashing the kid but he really does not present as a player who has played for a long time.

Couldn't tell ya, but I'm sure you could give Sean Miller a call and ask him.
I can understand the frustration of many about Ray. He has a ton of potential, but hasn't really lived up to it to this point. Ray hasn't gotten a lot of Coaching in the past, and has picked up some bad habits basketball wise and is slow to get out of them. D1 schools are looking at him for the potential there, but he will certainly have to change some things before he play at that level.
Real Badman Wrote:Couldn't tell ya, but I'm sure you could give Sean Miller a call and ask him.
Not a really important situation RB. ER of cource won the game and that's that. I fully understand the PR process and wish the best for the kid. Of cource if you saw the game he asked to be pulled when he came out. Only guessing but it could be a confidence factor. Did not appear out of shape or injured and I thought that rather unusal for a D-1 recruit in a situation where he was needed. Your comment in post 13 is what makes the whole thing suspect. I have not seen all players in the 15th but your comment was huge. Kid has a great body and good attitude but I suspect that he is far from the best player in the 15th. Tiller was in my opinion the best player on the floor last night.
Justin johnson would destroy him in a 1v1 game.
Both Ray Kasongo and Tony Wolter will be playing for big-time D-1 schools in a couple years, no question about it. I don't know much about Paintsville's players, but it's just silly to talk about a 1v1 matchup or anything like that. Kasongo has the skills now, he just needs to grow up a little, that is it. Tony is a different story. That kid has one of the strongest minds I have ever seen in anyone, it's amazing. Whatever school he goes too, and I will kill him if it's Indiana, lol, they will be lucky to have him. The sky is the limit for him. I've never seen a kid that is as mentally strong and tough as Wolter, and mark it down, he will excel to the top level of whatever he does after school, whether it's basketball or a normal job. He's 16 and more of a man than 99% of the men I know.

But yeah, Ray is just a kid. He will learn, and he will do what it takes to get it done. The guy is 2000 miles away from everyone he's known his whole life, which I doubt hardly any of you know anything about. It's not easy to overcome tough stuff in your life when you're in a completely new place and it's not hard to start thinking no one has your back. He'll make it, and I can't wait to see him do it.

Good win boys.
vundy33 Wrote:Both Ray Kasongo and Tony Wolter will be playing for big-time D-1 schools in a couple years, no question about it. I don't know much about Paintsville's players, but it's just silly to talk about a 1v1 matchup or anything like that. Kasongo has the skills now, he just needs to grow up a little, that is it. Tony is a different story. That kid has one of the strongest minds I have ever seen in anyone, it's amazing. Whatever school he goes too, and I will kill him if it's Indiana, lol, they will be lucky to have him. The sky is the limit for him. I've never seen a kid that is as mentally strong and tough as Wolter, and mark it down, he will excel to the top level of whatever he does after school, whether it's basketball or a normal job. He's 16 and more of a man than 99% of the men I know.

But yeah, Ray is just a kid. He will learn, and he will do what it takes to get it done. The guy is 2000 miles away from everyone he's known his whole life, which I doubt hardly any of you know anything about. It's not easy to overcome tough stuff in your life when you're in a completely new place and it's not hard to start thinking no one has your back. He'll make it, and I can't wait to see him do it.

Good win boys.
The 1v1 issue was not made by a paintsville poster (see #13).Again good luck and best wishes to these two young men as well as the ER Team.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:The 1v1 issue was not made by a paintsville poster (see #13).Again good luck and best wishes to these two young men as well as the ER Team.

My statement still stands. It's a lack of effort on his behalf during a game. An idiot could obviously see it.
Being more intelligent does not automatically make you a better student. One can take that however they want.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Being more intelligent does not automatically make you a better student. One can take that however they want.

Sometime it does.
Real Badman Wrote:My statement still stands. It's a lack of effort on his behalf during a game. An idiot could obviously see it.
That was quite clear. As to why, that is where things get interesting. Now with 2 D-1 players that would seem to seal the deal for ER to win the region,right.Would it not? I believe at least 4 of the 15th teams would beg to differ. Another issue,are these two young men high school underclassmen? Has one or both of them been offered a scholarship? Is that a proper situation as per NCAA Reg.? The mods seem to have the answers now brief us on those.
Kosango must be a player. He has already been recruited and offered twice...............1. East Ridge and 2. Arizona.
Mentally tough?? I don't know anything about these kids but if he actually got a technical from waving his finger in the face of an eighth grader and mouthing at the same time, then I don't think I would go to the mentally tough card to play on here. Best wishes to those kids though.
Pages: 1 2 3